You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

A look back at 2018 and the Top 5 Premiums (win big Mamie)

4 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,653 posts
6,074 battles

Today is a look back at the highs and lows of 2018 and some of the premiums.  Also a chance to win a Massachusetts.  

What was the best of 2018 for you?  What do you want to see in 2019?

Edited by NoZoupForYou

[TOG]
Members
4,081 posts
22,327 battles

Hi Zoup,

You didn't expound on the inflation and dilution of the economy. Credits isn't used much other than maintenance and resupply. It used to be FXP is gold standard of the economy, but that has been replaced by coal and steel. Coal is now used  for either flag purchases or purchase of ships. Steel is now the new unobtonium. You either have to grind it out in ranked or clan battles. WG seems to be favoring ranked sprint, which makes obtaining steel even more rare. 

Which makes the snow flake event helpful for those who are not members of the clan or participate in ranked. It also rewards those who keeps large numbers of ships. It remains to be seen if WG is going make this a recurring event or not.

BTW, i got Stalingrad with the event. So, is it going to stay in the Arsenal or be replaced?

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
13 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Hi Zoup,

You didn't expound on the inflation and dilution of the economy. Credits isn't used much other than maintenance and resupply. It used to be FXP is gold standard of the economy, but that has been replaced by coal and steel. Coal is now used  for either flag purchases or purchase of ships. Steel is now the new unobtonium. You either have to grind it out in ranked or clan battles. WG seems to be favoring ranked sprint, which makes obtaining steel even more rare. 

Which makes the snow flake event helpful for those who are not members of the clan or participate in ranked. It also rewards those who keeps large numbers of ships. It remains to be seen if WG is going make this a recurring event or not.

BTW, i got Stalingrad with the event. So, is it going to stay in the Arsenal or be replaced?

Some thoughts on this.

While I don't buy into this inflation/dilution of the economy stuff that much, there are points where I agree.  I don't see why it's necessary for players to have to use Coal to buy things like signal flags or super modules.  Oh, sure, I suppose that the epic/dragon signal flags could be coal items.  But the average, every day, combat and economic flags?  No, not so much.

As for Steel, I think that it's meant to be the very hard to earn currency that limits who can buy steel related things.  What I don't really get is the Copper and Molybdenum currencies.  I don't see the point of them.

As for WG favoring Ranked Sprint, I think that you're jumping the gun a little. I see this ongoing pair of Sprint seasons as a further test.  After all, they're using 5v5 and 7v7, instead of the 6v6 and 8v8 of the previous pair of Sprint seasons.  However, I will agree that *IF* WG were to phase out regular Ranked in favor of Sprint, you'd have a good point.  Honestly, I don't see why they can't have a smaller amount of steel as part of the final reward for Sprint, like say 500 Steel for ranking out in each of these current Sprint seasons (which would be 1000 total).  Hey, 10k Coal is nice, but it won't even buy a super module.  And 10k coal is only 8.33 days of grinding out all 3 daily containers, if you always choose the "More Resources" option.  Not exactly that much of a reward when you really think of it.

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,390 battles

well, with all the coal that's being given out, don't expect any good coal ships to come out anytime soon besides alaska maybe. they're not going to give out a bunch of the currency that'll be used for the next big thing. alaska might be coal and free xp.

Edited by HorrorRoach