Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

What does Potential Damage mean on the detailed report?

9 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,298 battles

You see it on the detailed report tab after the battle. I get values as high as 2 million. So what does it mean and does it affect how much XP is rewarded? 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,276 posts
12,699 battles

It indicates the potential damage that was done by shells or torpedoes either hitting your ship or passing within 700 metres of it. And yes, as far as I know, it does contribute to XP. By how much, I do not know.

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,298 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It indicates the potential damage that was done by shells or torpedoes either hitting your ship or passing within 700 metres of it. And yes, as far as I know, it does contribute to XP. By how much, I do not know.

So it's a function of how badly the reds want you dead. 

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
828 posts
16,143 battles

It means people shot at you an missed, and you get bonus for luring their damage so your team lives longer.

Members
6,277 posts
19,819 battles

I can also be used as a guide of how out of position you got yourself in. I know good Khab players can win games simply from this stat as they occupy such attention from the enemy that they forget to shoot at other ships.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

It is the damage you would have taken had the rounds, bombs and torpedoes fired at you that missed had hit instead and caused their maximin damage. It does add to your base XP and is a required goal for some event missions.

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
On 12/26/2018 at 5:44 AM, Cit_the_bed said:

It means people shot at you an missed, and you get bonus for luring their damage so your team lives longer.

I believe it also counts shots that hit but shatter or ricochet without doing any damage. 

Sign in to follow this