You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Almost every Coop match is standard?

30 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
12,304 posts
34,093 battles

Noticed the last few days since recent patch that except for maps that do not offer Standard battles, all of my coop matches have been standard -- as if WG was trying to reduce the amount of XP it was handing out...

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles

I think that it's just a map rotation thing, Tai.  Honestly, it doesn't matter that much in coop.  Bots don't care about capping.  They only cap by accident.  Frankly, Standard almost seems to work better in Coop than randoms because a) the bots don't camp base and b) they never care about capping domination caps either.  Coop battles are almost always decided by wiping out the other team.  Rarely does a team win on points.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,119 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Noticed the last few days since recent patch that except for maps that do not offer Standard battles, all of my coop matches have been standard -- as if WG was trying to reduce the amount of XP it was handing out...

I think they just come in spurts. It drove me nuts when I needed "capture, defended, assisted capture ribbons" for whatever mission that was and kept getting Standard.... It is very annoying, not a particularly fun mode in co-op IMHO, especially on the Two Brothers map.. I wish they would nerf how often it shows up in rotation, really is pretty boring.

BTW Crucis, the bots do and will cap especially late game. The matches usually don't last long enough to see how bots do things. I have been in games with friendly bots, late (think around the 10 minute mark) and they will actively ignore the red bots and go cap. The reds will do the same thing, it is interesting behavior but you just rarely see it since most matches are over so quickly. Today was in a match where our last two BBs where actually having to chase the surviving red BB who was running away and grabbing a capture point.

Edited by Taylor3006

[RLGN]
Members
13,478 posts
23,472 battles

Grinding snowflakes all day; battle type seemed like a pretty normal spread.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,123 battles

Why cap in co-op the game is over too fast for that sort of thing

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,119 battles
14 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Why cap in co-op the game is over too fast for that sort of thing

Because getting the cap gives as much or more xp than sinking a bot... Get the caps, sink the bots and you have maximized your xp earnings.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Because getting the cap gives as much or more xp than sinking a bot... Get the caps, sink the bots and you have maximized your xp earnings.

Absolutely correct.  After I have fought for a cap, I am darned sure going to cap the thing before moving on.  Why leave the xp on the table when you can hoover it up?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,123 battles

But if you primary goal is to maximise xp why not play pvp?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,119 battles
8 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Personally I don't find it very fun... Meta is old and stale, matches take way too long, and every time you start shooting at someone, they turn and run away.. It is boring.

My primary goal is to have fun, maximizing xp earnings is just smart.

BTW I do play PvP to grind stock ships and to farm rewards.

Edited by Taylor3006

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles
10 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Less xp in co-op, sure.  Less time, less salt, less camping and hiding as well.

Last random I was in there were 3 enemy BBs camping behind islands.  Not very exciting gameplay.

Edited by Captain_Slattery
  • Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
520 posts
8,669 battles
9 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Each game mode is played a certain way...Some people simply prefer not to play that mode.

Hiding is not my forte...I prefer to fight. :Smile_honoring: 

To each their own...

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles
4 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

Each game mode is played a certain way...Some people simply prefer not to play that mode.

To each their own...

I agree.  Also, Semper Fi.  :Smile_medal:

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Less xp in co-op, sure.  Less time, less salt, less camping and hiding as well.

Last random I was in there were 3 enemy BBs camping behind islands.  Not very exciting gameplay.

T8+ meta for NA servers is... ugh...

Co op has less salt, way more high fives for good plays, and you get to stick the boot to skynet... 

Also: i had a bizarre match desnowflaking my smith in co op... smoked up just outside our base and torped and shelled my way to glory like a good lolibote... only to realize my ai comrades were setting up shop around our cap behind islands and in my smoke laying into the enemy without pushing like they usually do... was bizarre watching an ai weymouth play like deep blue instead of a lobotomized kasparov...

• Funny 1

[VOP]
Members
520 posts
8,669 battles
26 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Also, Semper Fi.

Thank you sir and also for your service if you have served. :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,119 battles
44 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

For me it isn't just the fight, it is the in your face brawl to the death. It is holding your fire while a bot blasts you until you get the perfect broadside and you blast them to oblivion with one salvo. It is pretty arcade like but that is what I enjoy, well that and the 5 minute matches... I get kind of bored the longer the match goes on. Crappy attention span I suppose.

Just an aside, had an interesting match in that Argentine ship where I was rushing a cap and getting shot at by a Furataka. He wasn't hurting me and I wasn't really hurting him since we were both bow on and I don't have IFHE yet with the captain. Anyways just ran him over for the kill and repaired quickly. What was amazing was after that, second heal  brought me to over 3/4 healed! I just laughed like a maniac and plan to use this in my arsenal of bot killing tactics.

Edited by Taylor3006

[VOP]
Members
520 posts
8,669 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

it is the in your face brawl to the death.

For me it is this as well, I took on 3 BB's yesterday 2 Warspite's and a Colorado...(I was in my Warspite) only myself and a DD in the cap. I finished off the first half dead Warspite, took out the 2nd one and half of the Colorado while the DD was torping around me...In the end the Colorado got us both but I got a Karma from the DD player (thank you DD!). And I gave him one too for not leaving me and helping to try and hold the cap. Doing the dance of death in a BB is heart pounding, fun and engaging! You are right when you drive BB's you always must wait for that best shot too.  :Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles
2 hours ago, USMCGal said:

Thank you sir and also for your service if you have served. :Smile_honoring:

Thanks.  FMFLANT 82-86.  Proud Airwinger!

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles

I keep waiting for the day :halsey: starts singing "daisy daisy give me your answer do..." or would that be :HALsey:?

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
11 hours ago, Crucis said:

I think that it's just a map rotation thing, Tai.  Honestly, it doesn't matter that much in coop.  Bots don't care about capping.  They only cap by accident.  Frankly, Standard almost seems to work better in Coop than randoms because a) the bots don't camp base and b) they never care about capping domination caps either.  Coop battles are almost always decided by wiping out the other team.  Rarely does a team win on points.

I have had a few bot battles where the bots arrive in mass at our base. I had 4 bots capping our base, 2 DD's and 2 BB's. I was the only one defending the base, with assistance from our CV players aircraft. I killed all four ships to get the win for the team. 

[PVE]
Members
11,202 posts
21,496 battles

@Taichunger

I noticed this too. It started with the arrival of the snowflake event. I still do see domination mode but standard is WAAAYYYY up. Others have commented in chat about it. I am not crazy about standard mode and when it shows I am like darn. So the fact it is over and over and over (I had a run of 12 straight before getting domination finally over the weekend) all of a sudden makes it stands out. I hope it is just temporary for whatever reason and we go back to mainly domination.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
198 posts
22,286 battles

I have not seen Solomon Islands for some time now in Co-op.  (I hate the Standard map because the bot AI cannot handle it.)

When was it removed?  Permanently?  I cannot find any announcement.

Edited by Daffyd9x
  • Cool 1

Members
4,092 posts
13 hours ago, Crucis said:

That's not true. I was in a match over the weekend as the only player on the team, ate a friendly torp and died, an proceeded to watch a lone bot cap out while the good bots tried to cap out too

So bots do cap

I have to say I have seen a lot of standard battles too, but that is confirmation bias. You need to track on a spreadsheet for at least 100 matches to see if its a trend

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

That's not true. I was in a match over the weekend as the only player on the team, ate a friendly torp and died, an proceeded to watch a lone bot cap out while the good bots tried to cap out too

So bots do cap

I have to say I have seen a lot of standard battles too, but that is confirmation bias. You need to track on a spreadsheet for at least 100 matches to see if its a trend

Sorry, but I can't count the number of times I've seen bots on standard mode caps simply leave the cap for whatever reason.  It's as if they're programmed to do it, which I think they are.  I don't think that I've EVER witnessed a coop battle in standard mode where the bot team won by capping out.

In domination mode, bots occasionally cap a base.  But I think that it's more by accident, due to the time it takes them to cross the cap rather than any intention to cap.