Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

Christmas Day HMS Hood match

5 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,342 posts
4,721 battles

Had a pretty nice game in Hood today.  First kraken in Hood and only my fourth time sinking 5 or more ships.  Sadly the replay didn't get saved, which is frustrating as it is the first one since enabling saves that I actually wanted.  At the start I advised B and C, though our Pan-Asian DD insisted on poking at A, said he'd retreat if contested, but he sank there.  We got C, but the enemy held A and B for most of it and was up seven ships to our four when in the space of about a minute I sank their Furutaka, Hatsuharu (secondary kill), V-61 and Myoko and from that point we had the upper hand.

2054164593_12-25Hood1.thumb.png.f6048acebc64c6f963ede88f5d6a4e01.png

474435043_12-25Hood2.thumb.png.04a252cf88383a49f14f860720436599.png

345478715_12-25Hood3.thumb.png.acad009af5bf90bbc9621f37ebb2ee58.png

Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

Nice game man!  I love my Hood but my performance in it is very inconsistent.  I've had some really good games and I've had one game where I think I landed one shell before I got nuked all to hell by an enemy CV.  Anyone that tells you Hood's AA is great, yeah, don't believe them.  That guy hammered me from full health to zero even with me running defensive AA.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

Nice game.  I find the Hood to be very underrated.   I held off buying it for a year because people talked so bad about it.   Finally picked it up on sale and discovered it’s not bad at all!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,342 posts
4,721 battles
15 hours ago, _HatTrick_ said:

Nice game man!  I love my Hood but my performance in it is very inconsistent.  I've had some really good games and I've had one game where I think I landed one shell before I got nuked all to hell by an enemy CV.  Anyone that tells you Hood's AA is great, yeah, don't believe them.  That guy hammered me from full health to zero even with me running defensive AA.

Hmm.  CVs just tend to avoid it in my experience.  Its reputation is more of a deterrent than the UPs are.

15 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Nice game.  I find the Hood to be very underrated.   I held off buying it for a year because people talked so bad about it.   Finally picked it up on sale and discovered it’s not bad at all!

Still my favorite ship in the game, and my go to ship if I want to have a good game after a string of disasters.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,160 posts
4,952 battles

Hood is quite the fun ship if you know how to aim. Slightly above the belt, she basically eats everything in her weight class and above. Move fast, never stop, and punish people. 

Sign in to follow this