You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

PSA: Silver Ships - Sale Ending Soon

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,100 posts
12,562 battles

Over recent days, I have done very well with this sale. Elected to FXP through most of Podvoisky to grab the Gnevny while she was cheap. Strategic decision, and a good one because I'm really liking this ship.

After much agonizing, also repurchased Fushun. Every snowflake helps. I would like to be able to get Salem by the end of the year without dipping into my steel stocks, meagre though they may be.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,630 posts
14,353 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Elected to FXP through most of Podvoisky to grab the Gnevny while she was cheap. Strategic decision, and a good one because I'm really liking this ship.

I found both the Podvoisky and Gnevny to be very good, fun ships ... really struggling with the Minsk, however.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,553 posts

I could afford to get one of the following ships I have researched but not purchased:  Iowa, Amagi, Seattle, Zao, Neptune, Monarch.  (Afford in credits, that is.)  With the sale almost over, I should pick one. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,587 posts
4,602 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

With the sale almost over, I should pick one. 

If your clan has a discount, the sale may not even be a sale for you.  My clan discount at 15% would completely mask the event discount for all those ships.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,100 posts
12,562 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I could afford to get one of the following ships I have researched but not purchased:  Iowa, Amagi, Seattle, Zao, Neptune, Monarch.  (Afford in credits, that is.)  With the sale almost over, I should pick one. 

Tier 9 and 10 bring higher snowflake rewards, while buying Zao completes a grind absolutely.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,553 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

If your clan has a discount, the sale may not even be a sale for you.  My clan discount at 15% would completely mask the event discount for all those ships.

So they're not cumulative? :Smile_facepalm:

Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tier 9 and 10 bring higher snowflake rewards.

True, but it's not like 50 or 100 Steel is going to significantly close the gap to Flint. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,587 posts
4,602 battles

I just bought Algèrie and last night Alsace (not sure how; I was planning to wait).  I need a loan.

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles

Thanks, OP. +1

Got busy and played/free XP'ed my way through the IJN and French cruisers to tier V.  Now I have 6 nations with at least one tier V I can use for the last stage of the PEF event... and I've got 24k silver left!

• Cool 1