You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

New game mod ideas?

17 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,400 posts

Rank sprint is great. Its low tier so the games are fast and no OP ship. Please keep rank sprint t6 and lower.

1 tier in a game is fun. WG can you make a game mode or mission of the week a sinple 1 tier fight. Dont care what the tier. An all t3 or 4 could even be fun.

What do you think about a 1 tier game mode?

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles

One game mode I'm surprised they haven't done is the battlefield style. When you die, you respawn. Local capture points, first to lose their points looses. This game mode would rock 

• Meh 1

Members
3,359 posts
12,079 battles
2 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

One game mode I'm surprised they haven't done is the battlefield style. When you die, you respawn. Local capture points, first to lose their points looses. This game mode would rock 

Something like this. Unsure how exactly it would work or be setup. But Im curious how a respawn mode would work.

[SSG]
Members
15 posts
8,501 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

5 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

Something like this. Unsure how exactly it would work or be setup. But Im curious how a respawn mode would work.

Just check WOWP. Didn’t work.

Members
3,359 posts
12,079 battles
Just now, wojowny said:

Just check WOWP. Didn’t work.

Was it because that game mode failed or because WoP in general isnt doing great?

[SSG]
Members
15 posts
8,501 battles

Game and players were great in my opinion. From 10k to less than 1k ppl after update 2.0. Really awesome game I would say before update 1.7. Opinions may vary. Update 2.0 -respawn-just killed wowp.

Edited by wojowny

Members
3,359 posts
12,079 battles
2 minutes ago, wojowny said:

Game and players were great in my opinion. From 10k to less than 1k ppl after update 2.0. Really awesome game I would say before update 1.7. Opinions may vary. Update 2.0 just killed wowp.

Okey dokey.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Not so much a mode, but I’d like team lineups to be hidden until spotted ;)

I don't think that they'd ever do this in regular randoms (though it would be interesting).  In randoms, this kind of fog of war seems like it'd be of limited utility, because on average, teams are going to be composed of a mish-mash of all the various ships in the same tier spread as your own team.  Sure, you might not know whether the enemy has a Yammy or a GK or a Conqueror, but you'd know that their team would roughly mirror your own due to MM's design.  About the scariest thing might be (in high tier battles) not knowing how many radar ships the enemy team has.

I wish that they'd do it for Clan Battles, though.  At least hide the other team's ships.  The problem with showing the enemy team's ship comp at the start is that it makes doing oddball team comps nearly impossible.  Want to run a team of 7 Shimmies?  It will be hard to make it work when the other team sees that's what you're doing before the battle even starts.  But if you didn't know that the other team was running 7 Shimmies, can you imagine the havoc they could cause because your team had no idea what was hunting them?

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
2 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

It might work in other games where the "units" (whether those "units" are people or vehicles) are fast enough to cross the map and get into the action in a timely manner.  But with WoWS, even the fastest ships move rather slowly compared to the size of the maps.  I just don't see respawning as practical in this game for this  reason.  Of course, I don't like the entire idea of respawning either, but that's different from why I think that it's impractical in WoWS.  I think that it's somewhat practical in WoT, largely due to the speed of most tanks relative to the size of the maps.

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

It might work in other games where the "units" (whether those "units" are people or vehicles) are fast enough to cross the map and get into the action in a timely manner.  But with WoWS, even the fastest ships move rather slowly compared to the size of the maps.  I just don't see respawning as practical in this game for this  reason.  Of course, I don't like the entire idea of respawning either, but that's different from why I think that it's impractical in WoWS.  I think that it's somewhat practical in WoT, largely due to the speed of most tanks relative to the size of the maps.

this is easily fixed. This would be a longer game mode. tweak it to where if everything goes perfect it takes 20 minutes to win a game. make the rewards representative. i personally love unlimited re-spawn. however if you need to, you can do mechwarrior online style drop decks. this kinda mode would breath alot of life into botes.......

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, Mothermoy said:

this is easily fixed. This would be a longer game mode. tweak it to where if everything goes perfect it takes 20 minutes to win a game. make the rewards representative. i personally love unlimited re-spawn. however if you need to, you can do mechwarrior online style drop decks. this kinda mode would breath alot of life into botes.......

Personally, I do not like respawns.  I think that it ruins meaning of having defeated the enemy, the idea that sinking ships (or killing tanks or shooting down planes) matters because it's one less enemy you have to deal with.  To me, unlimited respawns seems like it creates an environment where those little victories are nearly meaningless.  I truly do not like the concept.

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Personally, I do not like respawns.  I think that it ruins meaning of having defeated the enemy, the idea that sinking ships (or killing tanks or shooting down planes) matters because it's one less enemy you have to deal with.  To me, unlimited respawns seems like it creates an environment where those little victories are nearly meaningless.  I truly do not like the concept.

in this case your victory is different. capturing a point, draining the enemy's point pool. its a tried and true method that has made gaming franchises billions plus if people know they have another spawn waiting, then mayhaps they wont be as passive. i think this game mode could be way more exciting and fast paced

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, Mothermoy said:

in this case your victory is different. capturing a point, draining the enemy's point pool. its a tried and true method that has made gaming franchises billions plus if people know they have another spawn waiting, then mayhaps they wont be as passive. i think this game mode could be way more exciting and fast paced

I don't want "fast paced".  That's why I left World of Tanks in the first place.  it was getting too fast paced with too many of the great players playing light and medium tanks.   I don't fine "fast paced" fun AT ALL.  To me, it's nothing but boring as f***, mindless twitch response bull crap.  I'd rather play a slower paced game where thinking is more valued than fast reflexes.

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't want "fast paced".  That's why I left World of Tanks in the first place.  it was getting too fast paced with too many of the great players playing light and medium tanks.   I don't fine "fast paced" fun AT ALL.  To me, it's nothing but boring as f***, mindless twitch response bull crap.  I'd rather play a slower paced game where thinking is more valued than fast reflexes.

im not talking about turning wow into a twitch shooter. more of less bbs shooting from the border. because they know they can be more aggressive. get caught out with a ifhe faceroller hugging a rock no big deal. respawn an go right back in. teams committing faster at the beginning of a match rather then bbs rng sniping, cruisers finding their favorite rock an dds deciding the match thats what i mean by a faster pace game. not changing how the ships work, just how the game mode works

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

ps arty is the reason heavy tonk play is dead as a horse an why i quit.....the really good players just went to tanks harder to hit. im hoping wow never gets "artied"

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles

Sorry, @Mothermoy , but I'll never like the idea of respawning in WoWS. I like the concept that if you get sunk, you're out of the game and your team is down a ship (or tank or plane).  It means that losing units MATTERS.  It seems to me that with infinite respawns, it creates an environment where people will just yolo and do all sorts of other stupid crap because they know that losing their ship isn't the end of the world for that battle.  And to me, that would completely ruin the game.