Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

WG - Any more IJN commmanders coming?

6 comments in this topic

Members
3,725 posts

IJN has Yamamoto who is definitely good but not as good as the Dunkirk brothers, Honore brothers, Znamenksy brothers, Doe brothers or Halsey. I do think he is better than Ovechkin. Yes the Kraken ability is really powerful but it will be quite rare to activate and by the time you do you most likely don't need it.

However the key word there was brothers, the other nations have 2 special commanders except for the US and Russia which have 3. Is the IJN going to be getting another commander??

Members
3,725 posts
1 hour ago, Bril01 said:

Could we get a decent German one?

Yeh you aren't wrong there. Yamamoto is better than the Jutlands. I understand what they were trying to do, make Hydro really good by extending the range and decreasing the reload. HOWEVER it is a case of extremely diminishing returns. Hydro is already really good and it could be argued good enough most of the time.

What they should have done is buff High Alert, Basics of Survivability and Fire Prevention.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Yeh you aren't wrong there. Yamamoto is better than the Jutlands. I understand what they were trying to do, make Hydro really good by extending the range and decreasing the reload. HOWEVER it is a case of extremely diminishing returns. Hydro is already really good and it could be argued good enough most of the time.

What they should have done is buff High Alert, Basics of Survivability and Fire Prevention.

This sounds like less of an issue with what the commander can do and more to do with the lacking commander skill selection

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,629 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

IJN has Yamamoto who is definitely good but not as good as the Dunkirk brothers, Honore brothers, Znamenksy brothers, Doe brothers or Halsey. I do think he is better than Ovechkin. Yes the Kraken ability is really powerful but it will be quite rare to activate and by the time you do you most likely don't need it.

However the key word there was brothers, the other nations have 2 special commanders except for the US and Russia which have 3. Is the IJN going to be getting other commanders??

^This … I corrected your request from one commander to "commanders" plural :)

I recommend the Yoshida Brothers (Kodo) on DDs - hyper conceal with torp velocity boosts would do nicely

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Beta Testers
326 posts
4,169 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

However the key word there was brothers, the other nations have 2 special commanders except for the US and Russia which have 3. Is the IJN going to be getting another commander??

If they want to do another commander for Japan I would suggest one that base on 井上 成美 (Shigeyoshi Inoue).  He was a strong advocate for naval aviation  which would be nice for the upcoming CV rework

Sign in to follow this