Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Siegewolf

PEF Mission Bug?

13 comments in this topic

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
785 posts
10,954 battles

Got the PEF as an early Xmas gift from my wife (I work shifts). 

Started doing the Mighty Prinz Campaign and noticed I wasn't getting any progress even though I was meeting the requirements.  Any ideas guys?  I am probably just missing something obvious:

image.png.fffa91442a8435afb30c2c22ac72dd63.pngimage.png.731889cc8ec3122de381e29e73ae607c.pngimage.png.64312dedea7d985cd7a06406b285f5c9.png

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles

Was that your results with premium time? Because if so, it's possible the base XP which was listed on the team results screen, and which is what's counted for tasks like this, did not make the cut. Check that.

• Cool 1

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
785 posts
10,954 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Was that your results with premium time? Because if so, it's possible the base XP which was listed on the team results screen, and which is what's counted for tasks like this, did not make the cut. Check that.

Hmm, good catch.  Ill check the mission.  I had thought that the XP at the top was the base.  Maybe it had additional modifiers due to Prem time

Edit: Hmm this is the reason.  Due to I am also trying to get the Dreadnought missions done I am grinding things in coop , which of course = less exp.  I was 8 points below with non premium xp, which is confusing but seems to be the issue.  The above was with Prem.

[USCC2]
Members
5,814 posts

As Cthulu states, base XP is one of those levelling challenges that does not count your premium time, signals or camos - just the base XP which is registered on the left side of the results screen. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles
3 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Hmm, good catch.  Ill check the mission.  I had thought that the XP at the top was the base.  Maybe it had additional modifiers due to Prem time

That has tripped me up once or twice; there is Base XP and then there is modified Base XP when you have premium time. The modified BXP is used for ship and captain XP calculations, but base XP mission requirements are calculated on the raw score.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,782 posts
25,473 battles

Is your premium time WoWs premium or regular?

The screenshot is from the right side, so premium XP is added. If you have WoWs only premium time, you missed it by a small margin. 400 base XP is 660 XP with 65% premium bonus.

Check the team screen, that shows your pure base XP.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,016 posts
22,432 battles
39 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

I am grinding things in coop

At least for that task you might wanna run a random battle...getting 400 base XP in a BB in a Co-op can be difficult due to being so slow to get to the battle unless you run right up the center at the start as once the 1 or 2 ships on either side are killed the rest are usually cleaned up by the faster DDs & cruisers before you can get to them...& 400 base XP in a random is quite simple to achieve even in the derpiest of matches.

[PVE]
Members
479 posts
9,483 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

At least for that task you might wanna run a random battle...getting 400 base XP in a BB in a Co-op can be difficult due to being so slow to get to the battle unless you run right up the center at the start as once the 1 or 2 ships on either side are killed the rest are usually cleaned up by the faster DDs & cruisers before you can get to them...& 400 base XP in a random is quite simple to achieve even in the derpiest of matches.

I kept getting 350-380 games in coop. Broke down and did it in random. Only took 3 attempts (had 400+ in all of them but first 2 games were loss)

[WOLF3]
Members
25,288 posts
22,304 battles

There's lots of fine print on the various campaigns, events, missions.  I've had plenty of occasions where I burned precious camo + signal flags to only find out that the ship, tier, and / or mode of play didn't count towards progression.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles

I ended up doing in co-op, oddly enough (won the ship on a livestream on the weekend) - I had one of those games in Two Brothers where almost the entire bot team lemmings into one side cap, and the PEF is a bit faster than your average US snailboat. I got in there in time for there to be things left to kill. Managed to blow up two cruisers and win a brawling duel to the death with a Hood at < 5km, and sneaked it across the line for the win and 400 BXP plus change.

3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's lots of fine print on the various campaigns, events, missions.  I've had plenty of occasions where I burned precious camo + signal flags to only find out that the ship, tier, and / or mode of play didn't count towards progression.

Underlines the importance of reading carefully and planning out your campaigns. I had a headscratcher over that last night too, because I was spamming co-op missions to get guaranteed wins for dailies and Dreadnought, and couldn't understand why Mission 2 was telling me to pick an appropriate battle mode. Careful reading revealed the truth.

[PVE]
Members
479 posts
9,483 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Underlines the importance of reading carefully and planning out your campaigns.

Bunch of stick-it notes on my desk ;)

[LOLZ]
Members
19 posts
12,981 battles

On the mission results screen, in the experience column, there is XP earned.  Is this the base XP and on the next line Modifiers?  The first number has been above 400 for me, but I'm not getting mission credit.

Edit: BTW, where is the WoWS bug submission forum ?

Edited by ATCC
addendum

Sign in to follow this