Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Have they tweaked the MM?

9 comments in this topic

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles

Tier 8 still seems to see Tier 10 quite often, and Tiers 5 and 6 are still in a bad spot as they have been for a long time. What I've noticed with Tier 7, however, is that I'm seeing a far higher number of T8 and 9 matches than usual. Is it because of the holiday, where many people got T8 and 9 premiums from Santa crates, or have they tweaked the MM? T7 was the sweet spot for a long time. If they've really tweaked the MM, then which tiers, in your opinion, are the new sweet spots?

• Funny 1

Members
436 posts
202 battles
2 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Tier 8 still seems to see Tier 10 quite often, and Tiers 5 and 6 are still in a bad spot as they have been for a long time. What I've noticed with Tier 7, however, is that I'm seeing a far higher number of T8 and 9 matches than usual. Is it because of the holiday, where many people got T8 and 9 premiums from Santa crates, or have they tweaked the MM? T7 was the sweet spot for a long time. If they've really tweaked the MM, then which tiers, in your opinion, are the new sweet spots?

The patch notes were a lie. I have been tracking matches in my Cossack since the patch 32 of 38 matches I have been bottom tier in tier 10 battles. I'm so sick of the lies I have been sending in a support ticket with a screen shot Everytime I'm bottom tier.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
5,016 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

On a side note...I've been grinding the Chung Mu (T9) to try to get the Yueyang before the discount ends & I have been top tier many more times than I have been sucked into T10 matches...in a T9.

I have quite a few times as a T10 been in matches w/only a few T10s & have rarely (although it does still happen) seen T10 matches w/only 1 or 2 T8s/team...there's usually at least 3 or 4 & sometimes 6 T8s w/just a few T10s in the mix...& that never happened before.

The snowflakes are causing all sorts of people to run the higher tiers for the steel & not all of them are wasting the 100% 1st win bonuses in co-op so during this 100% 1st win bonus time I would expect to see a bunch of higher tiers being run if for nothing else (even after the snowflakes have been dusted) than to farm elite commander XP.

Members
3,370 posts
12,111 battles
4 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Will things return to normal for mid-tier once the event is over?

Unfortunately hard to tell. No one but WG knows for certain how this event is affecting player distribution across the tiers and different game modes. 

Edit: If you are trying to get rid of snow flakes Ziyu, just do it in co op. Really easy and fast. PVP random will always be that mixed bag.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles

I'm noticing lots of blowouts for either my team or the enemy team, or matches where 3-4 players on both sides die almost simultaneously. It's like people aren't playing for the win, for damage etc. But they just want to get as many ships as possible in battle, die, rinse and repeat.

[INTEL]
Members
12,355 posts
34,342 battles

Blowouts galore. I am keeping track of match duration. I have database of nearly 700 games since US CLs dropped. Almost no matches under 8 mins but since Xmas weekend four such matches.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,186 posts
4,640 battles

Honestly this doesn't seem any different than any other day. There's always tons of crap players around during events like this. Should come as no surprise to some of you by now.

Sign in to follow this