You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

WG, your Christmas service sucks....

26 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,608 battles

Servers not allowing login, Chat servers down so no divisions, and now, for the first time ever I get stuck on the login screen. I finally get in the game in time to witness my ship sinking in a ranked match...

Well Done.....

Here's the thing for all the downvoters and "xmas spiriters." If I go to the store on Xmas I don't appreciate incompetent service in the checkout line. If the service is going to be down because WG wants to give techs the holiday off, then post it and I'll give a pass on that. The service is up. The Premium shop and arsenal are making sales. Its my opinion that if you do something you try to do it right, not halfarsed because its a holiday.

Edited by Ares1967
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,608 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

At least your spirit is festive and cheery.

If it wasn't I'd have made a real rant.

[NGA-A]
Members
1,273 posts
7,336 battles
8 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Servers not allowing login, Chat servers down so no divisions, and now, for the first time ever I get stuck on the login screen. I finally get in the game in time to witness my ship sinking in a ranked match...

Well Done.....

You can't blame a company for technical issues out of their control.  God forbid your internet provider goes down due to weather or something..you going to bash them too?

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[LEGIT]
Members
2,217 posts
30,351 battles

Hey that's nothing.  I bought a rixty card at a supermarket and paid cash to get premium time etc.  Even after setting up a stupid account with  them every time I try to use it I get a message saying that they sent me an email with a link I have to use.  No email ever arrives.  No phone number I can call.  I sent thema problem email and they sent an auto reply.

I used to use Amazon pay.  Can't do that any more.  This game is just becoming too annoying to use .

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,213 posts
13,844 battles
9 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

why am I not having this issue???? Seems a BAH HUM bug would make it happen to EVERYONE???
Hmmmmm

As I have stated before, servers don’t have to be 100% up or down. They can have functionality levels anywhere from 0-100%.so entirely possible for bugs to be widespread and yet not affect everyone, for example I had no trouble logging in today, but did see chat bug fir few minutes.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,107 posts
7,218 battles
20 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

why am I not having this issue???? 

I dunno, but I'm not having it because it's Christmas and I'm not playing lol.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles
29 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

why am I not having this issue???? Seems a BAH HUM bug would make it happen to EVERYONE???
Hmmmmm

You're lucky, I guess?

I'm lucky too. I'm having no trouble getting in and playing, but some of my clanmates are getting this: 

image.thumb.png.b9f6e52b13babe989bcab68db70b819f.png

Regardless, even though you're special and lucky and you can play, WG has already acknowledged that there's an issue and they're trying to get it fixed.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,141 posts
48 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Well Done.....

Maybe you made the naughty list. If so, remember it could be worse. Since coal is now a good thing, Santa now brings okra if you were bad.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,608 battles
1 minute ago, Doombeagle said:

Maybe you made the naughty list. If so, remember it could be worse. Since coal is now a good thing, Santa now brings okra if you were bad.

Santa knows better than to bring me Okra...  ;)

Members
3,722 posts
39 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Hey that's nothing.  I bought a rixty card at a supermarket and paid cash to get premium time etc.  Even after setting up a stupid account with  them every time I try to use it I get a message saying that they sent me an email with a link I have to use.  No email ever arrives.  No phone number I can call.  I sent thema problem email and they sent an auto reply.

I used to use Amazon pay.  Can't do that any more.  This game is just becoming too annoying to use .

I used Amazon Pay as well. All my banks consider WG's transactions to be fraud. Maybe it's a sign.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,404 posts
10,757 battles
54 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Well Done.....

Nothing like that good old fashion Christmas spirit .

[WOLFC]
Members
1,767 posts
9,354 battles

This thread disappoints

I was expecting a discussion of the nativity play wardrobe & the choir singing & the choice of carols  ending with a hearty bit of applause for the coffee & cookies afterwards.

[--K--]
Members
6,623 posts
14,409 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Hmmmmm

Because even WG knows not to tick you off. 

Members
29 posts
4,267 battles
30 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

But what if i LIKE okra?

Members
5,144 posts
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Hmmmmm

Hmm, since it hasn't happening to everyone, maybe he needs to call his ISP...

All the kids are home, and have new games to play.  If you're on a near-overloaded cable system anyway...

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles

51 minutes ago, Grand_Admiral_ZeWulf said:

But what if i LIKE okra?

Then you're a filthy degenerate. Okra is disgusting. It's one of the few things I truly hated about living in the south.

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

You're lucky, I guess?

I'm lucky too. I'm having no trouble getting in and playing, but some of my clanmates are getting this: 

image.thumb.png.b9f6e52b13babe989bcab68db70b819f.png

Regardless, even though you're special and lucky and you can play, WG has already acknowledged that there's an issue and they're trying to get it fixed.

If it's a DNS problem it is more than likely your ISP having a problem and not WG.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

If it's a DNS problem it is more than likely your ISP having a problem and not WG.

... when this many people in different parts of the country are having the problem, and--again--when WG has acknowledged the problem already, it's probably not an ISP issue.

Seriously. Why are you even arguing the point? WG says there's a problem. Do you have some secret knowledge that WG is taking the blame for something that's someone else's fault?

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

... when this many people in different parts of the country are having the problem, and--again--when WG has acknowledged the problem already, it's probably not an ISP issue.

Seriously. Why are you even arguing the point? WG says there's a problem. Do you have some secret knowledge that WG is taking the blame for something that's someone else's fault?

I am not arguing anything.  If it is a DNS (Domain Name Server)  problem then that means the ISP cannot find the address for WGs servers.  If WGs servers were off line then EVERYBODY would be having the problem.  Much more likely that the local DNS server is having a problem.

I did not say that there wasn't a problem with WG that is affecting some people, but a DNS problem indicates something more local in that  particular case.