Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BattlecruiserOperational

Compensation for NDH

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
4,698 battles

...so I had bought the Boise back when it was released, mostly because it was sort of a 2 for 1 deal. You got a personal mission to grind out 300k xp with the Boise to then get the Nueve De Julio with a 6 point captain. Well as I was working my way through the mission(which has an expiry date of January 1st 2019), I received the NDH through a Santa Crate. I figured I would receive the NDH's value in doubloons after I complete the mission, as I now already owned the NDH.

Well today I completed the mission and got nothing but a 6 point commander taking up space in my Reserves. Not gonna lie, I don't feel like this is right, as I basically just lost out on half of the reason I bought the Boise in the first place. If not that, then I should get the Santa Crate one replaced with another T7 premium of equal value. One way or another, I have been robbed here. Both of time investment and real money.

edit: I got credits. Better than nothing, but still not quite right.

Edited by BattlecruiserOperational
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,004 battles
58 minutes ago, BattlecruiserOperational said:

...so I had bought the Boise back when it was released, mostly because it was sort of a 2 for 1 deal. You got a personal mission to grind out 300k xp with the Boise to then get the Nueve De Julio with a 6 point captain. Well as I was working my way through the mission(which has an expiry date of January 1st 2019), I received the NDH through a Santa Crate. I figured I would receive the NDH's value in doubloons after I complete the mission, as I now already owned the NDH.

Well today I completed the mission and got nothing but a 6 point commander taking up space in my Reserves. Not gonna lie, I don't feel like this is right, as I basically just lost out on half of the reason I bought the Boise in the first place. If not that, then I should get the Santa Crate one replaced with another T7 premium of equal value. One way or another, I have been robbed here. Both of time investment and real money.

edit: I got credits. Better than nothing, but still not quite right.

The original purchase notes said that you got the duplicate in credits. I know as I got NdJ and did the mission for Boise. The reverse worked the same.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
23 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

This is why you always want to get ships you can receive in containers before opening the containers.

I can understand why Kiz is feeling a bit put out here.  That said, Kiz, if you were so close to completing the NDH mission, maybe it would have been a good idea to have completed it first BEFORE opening up the Santa boxes.  That said, that's Monday Morning Quarterbacking to be sure.  Sorry for your bad luck, Kiz.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,004 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I can understand why Kiz is feeling a bit put out here.  That said, Kiz, if you were so close to completing the NDH mission, maybe it would have been a good idea to have completed it first BEFORE opening up the Santa boxes.  That said, that's Monday Morning Quarterbacking to be sure.  Sorry for your bad luck, Kiz.

The OP is the one that got it in a container and then finished the mission for credits. I just remember what the mission said, as I bought the same mission for NdJ. I finished it normally awhile back.

Edited by Kizarvexis
comma in wrong place

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

The OP is the one that got it in a container and then finished the mission for credits. I just remember what the mission said, as I bought the same mission for NdJ. I finished it normally awhile back.

Oops.  My bad.

OK, I feel for the OP(!).  Glad that I finished the NDJ Mission a couple weeks back or so.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,276 posts
12,699 battles

Had you not got the second ship in a supercontainer, you would have ground her out eventually and had only both ships. Now you have both ships and the credit value of one of them. 

Sucks that the duplicate wasn't doubloons, but as Kiz said, credits was what they were offering to start with. Some people don't read well.

Members
5,144 posts
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sucks that the duplicate wasn't doubloons, but as Kiz said, credits was what they were offering to start with. Some people don't read well.

Yeah, that was already covered, so they're not 'ripping anyone off'...

Edited by mavfin87

Sign in to follow this