You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

I've got the coal - Jean Bart or Musashi?

18 comments in this topic

[SQUAD]
Members
2,136 posts
12,289 battles

Just what it asks... I have enough coal for either ship... which would you choose over the other and why?

Have a great day...

[SQUAD]
Members
2,136 posts
12,289 battles
2 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Mushy. It’s leaving soon.  JB will be there for a while.

Interesting... and good point....

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,782 posts
25,480 battles
5 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Mushy. It’s leaving soon.  JB will be there for a while.

This. Still up to your playstyle, you like to be a heavy guns island or a super heavy cruiser with the complete heavy battery to the front.

[SQUAD]
Members
2,136 posts
12,289 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

This. Still up to your playstyle, you like to be a heavy guns island or a super heavy cruiser with the complete heavy battery to the front.

I can play all styles, but I tend to like to be aggressive... yet the Mushi guns are not to be dismissed.. :D

[WOLFC]
Members
1,782 posts
9,410 battles

I picked JB  -  I'm a crappy player of angles so just want it for the giggles during the coming AA apocalypse.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles

Musashi is easier to play. Jean Bart is situational and can be very strong, but I feel like Musashi makes a larger, more consistent impact. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles

If you played Richelieu and Dunkerque and hated every second of it, Jean Bart is more of the same.

If you hated Yamato and everything about it, you might not like Musashi for the same reason.

The opposite of all the above also applies.

If you do not own either of these ships, you may wish to wait until the next Public Test to try Richelieu and Yamato out (they are usually not hard to access), see what you think of both, and then spend your coal with some product knowledge under your belt.

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

I would say the Musashi because it is going away soon. You will have time to save up and get the Jean afterwards.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,526 posts
7,490 battles

I just got Musashi for the reasons stated above, no regrets, also I don't play french :D

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,709 battles

Don't have JB, but I love my Musashi.      It can't be stated enough--buy the big gal before she's gone, which is less than a month according to WG.  

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
1,078 posts
4,230 battles

I decided depending on the coal I had with coupon on the 23rd before I logged I would get whatever ship I could afford. Salem won :).   I can still get Musashi via FXP at any time, however not fond of her playstyle.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,791 posts
15,369 battles

Even if you don’t like the Yamato, get the Musashi as it will be gone for quite awhile. You’ll at least have enough time to get the Jean Bart next. The only hitch to that plan is if the next coal ship makes your choice between it and the Jean Bart even harder. But again you’ll hav3 time to get one and save for the other. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,782 posts
25,480 battles
54 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

I decided depending on the coal I had with coupon on the 23rd before I logged I would get whatever ship I could afford. Salem won :).   I can still get Musashi via FXP at any time, however not fond of her playstyle.

Anytime runs out when patch 8.0 hits.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,843 posts
4,871 battles

I have them both now. Only thing left to do is to get the  Kronshtadt before it get removed next update. Just 40k more free exp and I will have my 4th tier 9 free exp ship