You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Mystery Ship coming soon to Arsenal speculations

13 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,219 battles

Was poking around the Arsenal and I noted 2 things - I didn't see Kronstadt any more and an up date on the new mystery ship:

shot-18_12_25_11_25.41-0979.thumb.jpg.291cac86acb88e4e2629fda466f6c5bc.jpg

So..note the steel sign...which means it's going to be a steel reward ship. Well let's look at the criteria for a steel ship. It's a ship that has characteristics that would make it OP or borderline OP in the game. It would be a reward  ship, obtained by gathering steel in clan battles, doing well in ranked or being fortunate to get multiple super containers of steel. Unobtainable for the vast majority of the community most of the time.

So which are the candidates..if you narrow it down to the T9-T10 ships, here's what currently in the pipeline:

1. Alaska - T9 USN Battlecruiser

2. Neustrashimy - T9 Cold War Grozovoi

3. Azuma - T10  IJN B65 battlecruiser project

We can eliminate the Alaska from the list since WG already announced the price: 1 million XP or 18500 doublooms  at USD prices.

So how good are the Neustrashimy and the Azuma? Here's Flamu\s commentary on them. Start start at 15:27

So both are good possibilities for being a reward ship. Now let's look at WG's past practice.: WoWs has never released a T10 premium for sale. The highest tier they have released premiums for sale are T9's. WG has never released a premium for sale and then placed it in the arsenal for steel. It has been coal so far to date. It is possible that Neustrashimy to be slotted in as a steel ship. I deemed it more likely that Azuma will be a steel reward ship.

This brings us to another topic: What ship will be taken out of the arsenal?  I did state it was more likely the Azuma will be the next steel reward ship. So Stalingrad will be removed from the Arsenal when that happens. There is also speculation on this forum last November that Stalingrad might end up being removed due to it's OPness.

So place your bets on the next steel reward ship. I'm betting on Azuma.

• Boring 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,795 posts
28,270 battles

It's super-secret but.....

USS William D. Porter (DD-579). It has some peculiar "team" features.

But you didn't hear that from me.

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,219 battles
14 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

It's super-secret but.....

USS William D. Porter (DD-579). It has some peculiar "team" features.

But you didn't hear that from me.

Will fire torps at the nearest USN BB? friend or foe dinna matter?

Shells won't inflict damage if you voted GOP?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,499 posts
14,084 battles

Tricky one.

Alaska's covered by FXP which doesn't necessarily preclude her being steel as well, but would be odd.

Wichita I doubt would be steel though she is a little forgotten about, same for Lazo, Irian, Leone and Yahagi... pretty much extreme 'no'.

Azuma and Neutrashimyy look like they'll be relatively smooth balancing processes, Azuma's a bit much, Neutrashimyy looks fine. That said, I doubt either of them would be 'soon'. Alaska's taken about 5 months to not come out after all...

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles

I say it's Azuma / B-65.

Or the Russians could be pulling a "Red Army Operational Deception" and put the Steel icon to throw people off.  It could very well be Alaska which WG said was coming "soon."

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,219 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I say it's Azuma / B-65.

Or the Russians could be pulling a "Red Army Operational Deception" and put the Steel icon to throw people off.  It could very well be Alaska which WG said was coming "soon."

since WG said it was 1 mill XP ship, be intersting what the steel price is if it be true.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
29 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

since WG said it was 1 mill XP ship, be intersting what the steel price is if it be true.

Stalingrad is 28k Steel.

Bourgogne is at 30k Steel.

Azuma / B-65 for 32k Steel, calling it now! :Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,774 posts
25,296 battles

WG want to set a new example for OPness and will add the H-43 KM BB. To compensate for only 8 guns she will get a 27 seconds reload and a reload booster.

Price: 1 million steel 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,486 posts
11,211 battles

From watching one of StuntMan9360's streams of the CV rework [2nd phase] he showed the Midway being a Steel reward ship in the arsenal.

And since Midway is being removed from the tech tree in 0.8.0, it makes sense.

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,219 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Stalingrad is 28k Steel.

Bourgogne is at 30k Steel.

Azuma / B-65 for 32k Steel, calling it now! :Smile_veryhappy:

I've seen the azuma ion live server and I like the stalingrad better.

[SIM]
Members
4,662 posts
7,770 battles

I'm very confident that it will be the Azuma, and that they're going to pull the Stalingrad out of the Arsenal permanently.

Members
920 posts
5,080 battles

Dual currency Alaska. I don't see anything else coming any time soon. Azuma and neus both need balancing and I highly suspect azuma to be coal to replace musashi. Azuma in particular seems pretty awful at the moment. Every one I have seen in game has been blapped out of existence in one or two volley so I see no reason to make it unobtanium since so few will waste the steel. Plus Borg just got added.

Could be a cheaper ship too like irian

Edited by ksix