You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

DON"T buy the Black

77 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
314 posts
17,888 battles

Save the steel for comrade Stalingrad

Black, the ship is strong but rely too much on your team ...... which means suffering for randoms

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,583 battles
Just now, luckyhoho said:

Black, the ship is strong but rely too much on your team ...... which means suffering for randoms

Jean Bart is stronger in the current Meta and don’t forget about the Russian premium tier 9 Destoryer eventually coming into the game.

[SYN]
Members
15,684 posts
12,778 battles

no, no, buy it so that WG will have enough data to finally nerf it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

When has WG nerfed premiums? 

[7AES]
Members
83 posts
14,318 battles

Very seriously considering Black. Stalingrad seems far off (8,000 more steel needed). I guess patience is a virtue, so I'll wait.

[SYN]
Members
15,684 posts
12,778 battles
4 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Kutuzov's smoke firing penalty is using 203mm baseline, instead of 152mm baseline, which makes Kutuzov an exceptionally poor smoke firing ship, despite 152mm guns.

It is, in fact, so heavily nerfed in smoke, that Baltimore, a ship with 203mm guns, is stealthier when firing in smoke. Heck, even the Zao is stealthier at smoke firing than Kutuzov is.

[RKLES]
Members
12,213 posts
13,844 battles
7 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Off the top of my head I know of them stealth nerfing ships like Scharnhorst and Tirpitz by adding in CV AP bombs that allow your premium BBs to be taken out on the first attack run the CV player does on you.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,220 posts
22,240 battles
7 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Kutuzov's smoke firing penalty is using 203mm baseline, instead of 152mm baseline, which makes Kutuzov an exceptionally poor smoke firing ship, despite 152mm guns.

It is, in fact, so heavily nerfed in smoke, that Baltimore, a ship with 203mm guns, is stealthier when firing in smoke. Heck, even the Zao is stealthier at smoke firing than Kutuzov is.

That's an easy fix for current Kutuzov, isn't it?  You just can't build a nest right next to someone anymore is all.

[-VT-]
Members
663 posts
31,054 battles

Don't buy the Black.  She is a fickle ship with a high skill ceiling and should only be sailed by those who earned her.  Purchasing her with steel is an insult to her capabilities.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 6

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,223 posts
6,540 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Off the top of my head I know of them stealth nerfing ships like Scharnhorst and Tirpitz by adding in CV AP bombs that allow your premium BBs to be taken out on the first attack run the CV player does on you.

Them adding AP bombs was not a nerf on those ships. The ships themselves never changed. The environment in which they evolve? Sure, it changed. A new threat was added to the game.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
13,517 posts
23,581 battles
17 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not after the rework, since nobody except the usual unicums is likely to be able to even hit anything after they first get released. Even then, it will only be AP bombs from IJN carriers.

9 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Don't buy the Black.  She is a fickle ship with a high skill ceiling and should only be sailed by those who earned her.  Purchasing her with steel is an insult to her capabilities.

Whatever else I may think about what’s going on with the game right now; I agree with the base sentiment of this post.

Ships like the ARPs and P.E.F. are a bit different as ‘earned’ ships that are (were) more easily earnable, but Black and Flint must be earned the hard way, by multiple Rank outs; they should really stay that way.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

Members
5,144 posts
1 minute ago, garfield001 said:

Them adding AP bombs was not a nerf on those ships. The ships themselves never changed. The environment in which they evolve? Sure, it changed. A new threat was added to the game.

Just like the smoke changes.  It was an environmental change.  Yes, it affected some ships more than others.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,779 posts
25,352 battles

My steel, my choice.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
4,698 battles

I bought it. If I was certain that I was going to be able to have enough steel for the Stalingrad come in relatively soon, I wouldn't have. But something also tells me that steel will become more and more accessible as WG realizes that it makes them $$$.

Edited by BattlecruiserOperational
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
9,126 posts
10,600 battles
17 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

My steel, my choice.

Very much this.

Also, I figured I deserved something for the 6 seasons of Ranked I've slogged through. More, I highly doubt I'll ever play Stali enough to justify that amount of steel, whereas I know I'll play Black a lot.

It's my steel, not yours. Why are you concerned with my stuff?

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
25,220 posts
22,240 battles
19 minutes ago, BattlecruiserOperational said:

I bought it. If I was certain that I was going to be able to have enough steel for the Stalingrad come in relatively soon, I wouldn't have. But something also tells me that steel will become more and more accessible as WG realizes that it makes them $$$.

I can't blame you thinking like that.  Personally, I never expected Steel to be accessed outside Ranked / Clan Battles.  I was fine with that.  Then this holiday season that goes out the window.  It's a big shift from what was going on prior.

My guess is the bulk of Free Steel will still be from a true Ranked Season and Clan Battles.  For everyone else, well...

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
1 hour ago, luckyhoho said:

I dont know about that, Black can solo kill enemy DDs, which os a huge things in random battles. Black torps while slow hit pretty hard are reload fast. 

All ships rely on their team. If your team is useless its going to be a defeat. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,779 posts
25,352 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Very much this.

Also, I figured I deserved something for the 6 seasons of Ranked I've slogged through. More, I highly doubt I'll ever play Stali enough to justify that amount of steel, whereas I know I'll play Black a lot.

It's my steel, not yours. Why are you concerned with my stuff?

Same. While I like to take a DD out once in a while, it's rather once in a blue moon I play my VMF cruisers.

Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

the black is not even that good. a Fletcher with 7.5 km radar and much worse torps. the z52 is better  in every way.

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,608 battles
35 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Just like the smoke changes.  It was an environmental change.  Yes, it affected some ships more than others.

In Kutuzov's case its not an "environmental change" its an intentional direct nerf. No other 152mm equipped ship gets a smoke detection even close. Chappy is 6.7, Mino's machine guns are 5.4, Wooster is only 6. WG used an environmental change to beat it with a nerf bat while using the environmental change as a defense.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
1 hour ago, Sabene said:

Now I really want the Black so I can sail it exclusively in randoms where I stink with DDs. :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,608 battles
4 minutes ago, Rilak said:

the black is not even that good. a Fletcher with 7.5 km radar and much worse torps. the z52 is better  in every way.

Black is a T9 last I checked. If you have to jump to a T10 DD to show the weakness of a T9....

Worse torps is debatable. 13.7 Km range gives Black the ability to drop torps on island camping RU Cruisers without risking radar, Z52 cant. They also hit much harder than Z52 torps. The torps are diffferent and require a diff mindest. Sims players will be comfortable with them.

Z52's gun reload is meh, Black's isn't, and Black's HE is inarguably better.

Black can safely radar Z52's smoke without risking hydro detection... and Z52's answer for that is... it doesn't have one.

• Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,563 posts
4,971 battles
4 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Black is a T9 last I checked. If you have to jump to a T10 DD to show the weakness of a T9....

Worse torps is debatable. 13.7 Km range gives Black the ability to drop torps on island camping RU Cruisers without risking radar, Z52 cant. They also hit much harder than Z52 torps. The torps are diffferent and require a diff mindest. Sims players will be comfortable with them.

Z52's gun reload is meh, Black's isn't, and Black's HE is inarguably better.

Black can safely radar Z52's smoke without risking hydro detection... and Z52's answer for that is... it doesn't have one.

What is the crazy detection range of the torps again? Very low. I would say that is also one of the strengths. DWT barely compare....and they can hit DDs.