You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Billy2Hawks

Why try in random battles?

12 comments in this topic

[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles

Seriously, I think you can get more XP faster doing Coop and Operations. Since the goal is to gain your first win and get the XP bonus, it stand to reason that you would want the coop win since it is almost guaranteed.

It also makes sense because in randoms you have no clue what kind of team you are going to get. Usually in the 1 - 6 losses you suffer, you gain just as much XP as if you lost, and the games go faster. You also go through ships faster. It seems like randoms are like the loot boxes being sold in that you are looking for that elusive roll of the dice to get you a large XP pay out when you would be better off just investing in the guarantee instead of wasting time and money in the off chance you might get lucky.

Seriously, why encourage the bad behavior when the most efficient way of playing is to stay out of randoms.

[PHASE]
Members
6,237 posts
19,747 battles
1 minute ago, Billy2Hawks said:

Seriously, I think you can get more XP faster doing Coop and Operations. Since the goal is to gain your first win and get the XP bonus, it stand to reason that you would want the coop win since it is almost guaranteed.

It also makes sense because in randoms you have no clue what kind of team you are going to get. Usually in the 1 - 6 losses you suffer, you gain just as much XP as if you lost, and the games go faster. You also go through ships faster. It seems like randoms are like the loot boxes being sold in that you are looking for that elusive roll of the dice to get you a large XP pay out when you would be better off just investing in the guarantee instead of wasting time and money in the off chance you might get lucky.

Seriously, why encourage the bad behavior when the most efficient way of playing is to stay out of randoms.

But if your goal is to get experience what are you going to use it for? To do better in co op and scenarios? Which is fine, but AI is basically like groundhogs day... same over and over. Only teacher is live fire... well you know what I mean.

[WOLFA]
Members
773 posts
5,905 battles

I don't really play CO-OP but the few battles I've have there were some pretty bad players just yoloing in the first minutes.

Besides CO-OP gets boring real quick. I would rather have 5 losses and one 100k+ damage battle than one meh CO-OP.

[USCG]
Members
535 posts
18,278 battles

As frustrating as random can be at times, I still find it much more enjoyable than co-op or scenarios. I’m doing a bunch of co-op right now to knock off snowflakes but it gets old pretty fast...

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,573 posts
2,090 battles

Earnings for both xp and silver in a co-op win are often less than a loss in randoms. And if you want to get better, nothing will teach you faster than getting that [edited]spanked against humans. Sure, random can sometimes be a toxic wasteland, but it is ultimately more fun and more rewarding for me than the repetition of co-op.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
2 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Earnings for both xp and silver in a co-op win are often less than a loss in randoms. And if you want to get better, nothing will teach you faster than getting that [edited]spanked against humans. Sure, random can sometimes be a toxic wasteland, but it is ultimately more fun and more rewarding for me than the repetition of co-op.

I calculated once during the legendary module 15 wins that my base xp/hour in coop was close to what it is in randoms.

While I generally get 3x or 4x the base xp in randoms so coop, the 15-20 minutes each match lasts means I could get about 3-4x as many coop games in that time.

[ADR]
Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

If you just want/need a win, co-op is better, But will personally make 2-4 times as much xp and credits in random than I do co-op. So I make more per game and more in the same time frame personally. Though obviously it depends on your win rate in randoms and how well you do of course.

I personally like the co-op and operations as change of pace or for people that for what ever reason, find random to hard. That way there is something for everyone.

Edited by Koschka

[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
1 minute ago, Koschka said:

If you just want/need a win, co-op is better, But will personally make 2-4 times as much xp and credits in random than I do co-op. So I make more per game and more in the same time frame personally. Though obviously it depends on your win rate in randoms and how well you do of course.

Or the teams you pull. You cannot win if RNG does not go your way.

[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
7 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I calculated once during the legendary module 15 wins that my base xp/hour in coop was close to what it is in randoms.

While I generally get 3x or 4x the base xp in randoms so coop, the 15-20 minutes each match lasts means I could get about 3-4x as many coop games in that time.

Let's not forget that if you are using flags and expendable camos, that you get a guaranteed payout.

Edited by Billy2Hawks

[ADR]
Members
897 posts
7,381 battles
1 minute ago, Billy2Hawks said:

Or the teams you pull. You cannot win if RNG does not go your way.

In the long run it balances out. We all have days of bad teams, but the flip side happens and we get carried by teams to. So when you start hitting a thousand games or more it balances out.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,125 posts
22,156 battles

In terms of rewards for XPs and Credits, nothing beats PVP.

Co-op games are ultra-short, have very few targets, and reward quite poorly.  You can do well in Co-op and get 400 BaseXPs through no fault of your own.  Your rewards are sh*t because when you got Full Player Teams, all the enemy bots are dead very early.  The rewards are so poor that you can eat Credit losses.  FreeXPs?  You'll get something like 40, 80 average FreeXps when these rewards are so low.  How the hell is that going to help you working on your Legendaries?  And FreeXP stockpile for ships, etc.?

I have had many Co-op games end less than 5 minutes.  The shortest we've done was 3 minutes 38 seconds.  The rewards were sh*t for everyone because there were lots of players and we killed everything quickly.  The game was over so quickly that in such a short game, a DD may have time for ONE torpedo drop.  The CV may have time for 2 bombing runs.  A BB will fire less than 50 shells.  When Co-op is over that quickly, the rewards are sh*t.  You have to play super aggressively "To get yours" before anybody.

scU7f0e.jpg

21kt BBs too slow to get to the fight because the DDs and CV killed everything before they were even in effective gun range.

A truly exceptional Co-op game is getting 800+ BaseXPs.  The rewards look better but really, what can you get from PVP?  Even in a loss?  I can get a lot better form PVP losses than the best of Co-op games.

Operations can be very rewarding but there are several caveats.

1.  A number of them are very unpleasant to do.

2.  A number of them are made not only very unpleasant to do, but typical randomly put together teams struggle to complete, much less get the 5 Stars and higher rewards.

3.  Operations are very restrictive on applicable ships.  Many are centered around Tier VI, a few Tier VII, and two for Tier VIII.  Tier V is mostly left out.  Tier IX-X have nothing.  There's also a number of Allied-only Operations so your precious Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen, Musashi, etc. have no place in Operations.  Matter of fact, the only two Tier VIII Operations are Allied-only.

4.  Related to the tiers being restrictive, Operations don't count for your Legendaries grind.  There is nothing for Tier X.

I will say this though.  Co-op is a great place for certain mission completions that demand a win, and Co-op is allowed.  I know a lot of guys came to Co-op from Randoms due to the 15 game win requirement for Legendaries.  Getting 15 wins in PVP in good time can be a problem.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway