You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Why is Ocean map still in the game?

105 comments in this topic

[RG]
[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
6,890 battles

Your assumption regarding the unpopularity of the map is made up. A lot of people like it and wish it came up more often - especially people that play ships that don’t need to hide behind rocks. 

• Cool 9

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

99% of people in this thread dislike Ocean, confirmed?

Its good to ne part of the 1%

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles
17 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

99% of all players despise this map. Literally the only defense of this map is it is realistic which is literally the worst defense possible in this game. Wake up please.

Ocean is by far the best map in the game. There needs to be more Ocean. Stop hugging them islands. 

Also, 99%? That's pretty odd when most people like it here.

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 8
  • Meh 3

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles

99% eh?

Wrong. Factually, most of us(this means at least, like, 50.000001% of us) like the map, because most of us get sick of clustered up islands match after match, day after day. It's refreshing to line up and go "Come at me, brotatochipski."

What I find amusing is that the most rare map in the game shows up for its once a month viewing, and you get upset enough about that one time to come here and post a thread about it. Chillax, homey, chillax, 'tis Christmas. No need to be a Grinch. : D

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles

Bast map in the game but so rare to see it's sad..  wish it had a much higher rate of dropping.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[BISC]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,220 battles
11 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Citation needed for this 99% figure. I for one at least am not among them.

Stats come from the Institute of What Some Bloke Said in Chat. Trufax. 

However - I'm not a big fan of the map in question. Had it come up twice during testing of Le Terrible. At that point I just looked up at the ceiling and went, "You really don't like me at all, do you RNGesus?"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,134 posts
11,864 battles

People hate the only map that makes this game less like World of Tanks on Water. And the reason they dare not mention is there's no place to hide.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
1,685 posts
14,556 battles
5 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

Stats come from the Institute of What Some Bloke Said in Chat. Trufax.

+1 for that lol

5 minutes ago, chewonit said:

People hate the only map that makes this game less like World of Tanks on Water. And the reason they dare not mention is there's no place to hide.

Pretty much. BB mains that dont understand angling and WASD, cruiser mains that specialize in standing guard on one island like its the Tomb of the Unknown Sailor.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
30 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

99% of all players despise this map. Literally the only defense of this map is it is realistic which is literally the worst defense possible in this game. Wake up please.

Every time I see the Ocean map I get comments like "Only true-to-life map in the game." Ocean forces a fleet to, by golly, act like a fleet and not a bunch of individual "water tanks" running around and hiding behind islands.  

• Cool 3

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Every time I see the Ocean map I get comments like "Only true-to-life map in the game." Ocean forces a fleet to, by golly, act like a fleet and not a bunch of individual "water tanks" running around and hiding behind islands.  

It's also friggin noice to know that my torps can go anywhere in a DD, and to have a full field of fire in a BB. You know, like actually happened. One would think all the "Muh historical accuracy!" players would adore this map.

Not the greatest map for island hugging cruisers, but, hey, they get all the other maps. (I play open water cruisers, myself. Can't stand just sitting there.)

• Cool 2

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,605 battles

Last couple of times ocean popped up for me, I thought, "Whew...glad I'm in a BB."

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Yes, it is in the game, and IMO is the best map we have. I would love to play more in Ocean map. 

If we could chose maps, Ocean would be my choice.

• Cool 1

Members
4,415 posts
17,944 battles
4 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

Last couple of times ocean popped up for me, I thought, "Whew...glad I'm in a BB."

I hear that! Try playing a match on Ocean with Atlanta. :cap_haloween:

I like Ocean. No islands for players to run into or hide behind, just a all out fight. I'm a 1 percenter! (according to the op)

• Cool 2

Members
432 posts
5,726 battles

I like ocean and it is the most historically accurate map to play on which I do appreciate (some of us like the historical settings and most WW2 Naval combat was at sea not 20 feet off an island).

Edited by DocVulcan

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

Ocean is the best map there is and it should be the one to appear most often for all tiers!

DOWN VOTE this all you want! I don't care since it is the truth and would be great for the game. They should also double or triple the number of ships per team!

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,241 battles

If you're an island hugger, you're not going to like it.

DD's love it for the torp spaming opportunities and hate it because there's no where to hide if the big bad radar spots you.

Ocean is great in a Stalingrad.

shot-18_12.22_23.40_12-0095.thumb.jpg.d27372512b8e18b561e74a26a1c74cc9.jpg

19 km rail guns. Show me a broadside and I start taking out HP chucks like an orca after a seal.

• Funny 1