Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

New Kobayashi Camo coming for Yamato?

59 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,534
[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,695 battles

Supposedly this is from Kobayashi's Twitter account and is for Yamato. Looks similar to Kii's. No other info was posted. Hopefully if this is going to happen he doesn't add some huge fugly thing on top like with Roma. I like what I can see in the image now but if it has some huge ugly thing on top added later just :Smile_facepalm:.

xk85Wnl.png

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,403
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

82901.JPG

here is your new yamato with  super range finders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[-KIA-]
Members
804 posts
10,545 battles

I and LWM in Discord were curious back in the day when they teased Kii's Kobayashi's camo having Yamato with Kobayashi camo in the background and I thought when we'll we get that too on Yamato...
Finally! my curiosity ends...

This was in the background
Image result for World of warships Kii kobayashi teased

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302
[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,652 battles
13 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

ljAOwXJ.jpg

lmbo!    Great job sir.     Merry Christmas all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,663
[X-PN]
Members
9,128 posts
10,602 battles

And that Cup O Ramen can be yours, for the cheap, cheap price of 10,000 doubloons! : D

 

(It might be the most expensive Ramen, like, ever.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
316
[A-CUP]
Members
1,023 posts
8,232 battles
20 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

And that Cup O Ramen can be yours, for the cheap, cheap price of 10,000 doubloons! : D

 

(It might be the most expensive Ramen, like, ever.)

oof... I would rather stick to my HSF camo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,534
[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,695 battles
31 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

And that Cup O Ramen can be yours, for the cheap, cheap price of 10,000 doubloons! : D

 

(It might be the most expensive Ramen, like, ever.)

Probably seeing as a T8 is 7K. I will be curious what the bonuses will be. Needs to be a lot more than a standard T10 perma if I am shelling out serious coin for it. Assuming it actually makes it into the game which we don't know that it will. Was just something I saw that supposedly is on his Twitter page but there was no other info so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles
50 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Hopefully if this is going to happen he doesn't add some huge fugly thing on top like with Roma.

xk85Wnl.png

It has a massive pair of range-finder/radar "wings" on the mast, if that counts.

He's basically taking his custom Space Yamato 2220 model design and redoing it for Yamato in-game. To be fair, this version of his Yamato has thinner wings and isn't as long/wide as his custom model. His model version can cover the entire superstructure if it was parallel to the hull, stretching from over the B turret to just before the X turret, and stretched past the sides of the hull.

That being said, his IJN designs have better looks than Roma; and seem to just feature titanic rangefinders rather than something truly ridiculous, like the beer can. A shame they don't provide a bonus to Target Acquisition/Torpedo Detection range at the slight expense of concealment. Basically having a built-in TASM module instead of the standard concealment bonus, and stacking with the actual TASM module for 4km guaranteed acquisition and early spotting.


As to the camouflage itself, I like it. Moreso if the wings can turn with the rest of the radar/FCS system on the mast. It probably will also have even better bonuses than regular T10 Permacamo, so I'd definitely put the cash down for it.

For anyone interested, the writings this time is Buddhist-related, according to Reddit. The 4 big characters is something along the lines of "Form is emptiness". Then again, the writings on Ashitaka and Kii were also Buddhist-related. Roma's was somewhat different, and paid tribute/homage to Caesar. I regret not bookmarking the posts that fully translated what each of the Kobayashi Camouflages said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,938
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,402 posts
10,953 battles
48 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

82901.JPG

here is your new yamato with  super range finders.

 

46 minutes ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

I and LWM in Discord were curious back in the day when they teased Kii's Kobayashi's camo having Yamato with Kobayashi camo in the background and I thought when we'll we get that too on Yamato...
Finally! my curiosity ends...

This was in the background
Image result for World of warships Kii kobayashi teased

those rangefinders though, and if this is coming to the game i hope it can be earnable, but it probably wont be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

My kid has Roma with Kobayashi camo, but he prefers to use the camo that comes with the ship, bonuses be damned.  So many wasted doubloons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[NGA]
Members
1,969 posts
10,528 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

My kid has Roma with Kobayashi camo, but he prefers to use the camo that comes with the ship, bonuses be damned.  So many wasted doubloons...

Pretty sure there's a mod around somewhere that takes that stupid beer can thing off. Admittedly you'd have to redownload it every patch, but it could be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Pretty sure there's a mod around somewhere that takes that stupid beer can thing off. Admittedly you'd have to redownload it every patch, but it could be worth it.

It is not so much about the can.  He simply prefers the way ship looks with default camo on, and I agree with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[NGA]
Members
1,969 posts
10,528 battles
58 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

It is not so much about the can.  He simply prefers the way ship looks with default camo on, and I agree with him.

Point. With the exception of the GC, the Italian ships aren't really that potent, but they sure look pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,620
[WOLF3]
Members
25,239 posts
22,261 battles
3 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Sure this isn’t for the Musashi ?

Musashi doesn't get the attention that Yamato gets, even from the Japanese.

 

You'll find a museum about Yamato

1280px-YAMATO_Moder.JPG

...but not d*mn thing for her sister, Musashi.

 

You'll find anime inspired off Battleship Yamato, TV shows, movies involving Yamato.  You'll find many special edition model kits of Yamato.

... But again, not a d*mn thing for her sister, Musashi.

 

Even outside Japan when people talk about IJN Battleships, the very first thing that comes to mind is always Yamato.

 

I'd be surprised if Musashi gets anything.  She's pretty lucky IMO to have gotten the HSF Camo a while back.

 

Anyways, I like Makoto Kobayashi's camo on Kii and Ashitaka.

Image result for makoto kobayashi kii ashitaka

7pcDZDm.jpg

 

I am down for Yamato camo.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
9 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Point. With the exception of the GC, the Italian ships aren't really that potent, but they sure look pretty.

Roma is actually not bad in all honesty.  Thing is, it’s really stealthy and mobile with pretty potent ambush guns.  So it can be made to work well in T10 matches where most of other T8 battleships can struggle in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,711
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,771 posts
22,131 battles
10 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Roma is actually not bad in all honesty.  Thing is, it’s really stealthy and mobile with pretty potent ambush guns.  So it can be made to work well in T10 matches where most of other T8 battleships can struggle in comparison.

With that beer can on her head she shouldn't be able to sneak up on a hibernating bear...…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,306
[WOLF8]
Members
6,856 posts
5,977 battles
10 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Musashi doesn't get the attention that Yamato gets, even from the Japanese.

 

You'll find a museum about Yamato

1280px-YAMATO_Moder.JPG

...but not d*mn thing for her sister, Musashi.

 

You'll find anime inspired off Battleship Yamato, TV shows, movies involving Yamato.  You'll find many special edition model kits of Yamato.

... But again, not a d*mn thing for her sister, Musashi.

 

Even outside Japan when people talk about IJN Battleships, the very first thing that comes to mind is always Yamato.

 

I'd be surprised if Musashi gets anything.  She's pretty lucky IMO to have gotten the HSF Camo a while back.

 

Anyways, I like Makoto Kobayashi's camo on Kii and Ashitaka.

Image result for makoto kobayashi kii ashitaka

7pcDZDm.jpg

 

I am down for Yamato camo.

The anime show High School Fleet featured Musashi instead of Yamato... so I guess there's that. :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,620
[WOLF3]
Members
25,239 posts
22,261 battles
41 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

The anime show High School Fleet featured Musashi instead of Yamato... so I guess there's that. :Smile-_tongue:

Probably the only thing she gets other than a model kit every 10 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×