You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

No special sale today at all? I'm surprised.

26 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,358 posts
10,040 battles

I was hoping to buy a prem ship on sale, but there is not even consumables or discounted upgrades for ships. Heck, I was willing to spend 2.5K gold to get rid of the terrible Eagle camo on the DesMoines, I can't bring myself to just shelve it b/c of the stats... but I'm not spending 5K for some cosmetic crap no matter how awful it looks.

Anyway, really surprised. 

Oh well, the extra money stays in my bank I guess. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,222 posts
13,863 battles

Yeah I have been counting on there being a Premium Ship sale for Christmas. Seems Wargaming is having a Greedy Christmas.

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

I recall last year they put almost every premium ship into the tech tree and they were all on discount. Now it's only tech tree ship discounts, which is disappointing compared to last year's.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,032 posts
7,286 battles

I was really looking forward to discounted permiums as well.  Maybe they will have an after Christmas sale.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,605 posts
17,337 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I have been counting on there being a Premium Ship sale for Christmas. Seems Wargaming is having a Greedy Christmas.

Maybe they're following the Eastern Orthodox "Julian" calendar.  That would make it December 12.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,780 posts
25,373 battles

Check last year, sales started at the 26th. Well, the October Revolution was in November, that may explain this Christmas sale. :cap_haloween:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,504 posts
11 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Check last year, sales started at the 26th. Well, the October Revolution was in November, that may explain this Christmas sale. :cap_haloween:

Honestly not sure I even care, but WG going back to this super secret don't tell the players what's coming isn't a good sign to me. They were doing this three years ago and really aggravating the player base, generating lots of salt. Not clear why they've chosen this route again.:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 4

[FORM]
Members
1,358 posts
10,040 battles
1 hour ago, S7CentNickel said:

Woes premium for 50% is all I see 

Huh?

[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,292 battles
1 hour ago, Abides said:

maybe this is why the servers are down, they are putting gifs under the tree

• Funny 1

[FORM]
Members
1,358 posts
10,040 battles
40 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Hrm, so... hope for tomorrow at least then.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles

My money is still on WG putting the Premium ships on sale within the next couple of weeks. My reasoning is that they didn’t want it to compete with the other promotions going on. A lot of us are spending credits, FXP and Christmas crates to maximize our steel and coal returns from snowflakes. I’m sure WG is happy to let that play out before providing another sales channel (doubloons) for us to pick up ships with. I think it’s primarily Christmas crate competition they’re worried about. Get the most out of those then open it up to doubloon rich players after they’ve milked the crates.

[SBS]
Members
5,231 posts
Just now, ClassicLib said:

My money is still on WG putting the Premium ships on sale within the next couple of weeks. My reasoning is that they didn’t want it to compete with the other promotions going on. A lot of us are spending credits, FXP and Christmas crates to maximize our steel and coal returns from snowflakes. I’m sure WG is happy to let that play out before providing another sales channel (doubloons) for us to pick up ships with. I think it’s primarily Christmas crate competition they’re worried about. Get the most out of those then open it up to doubloon rich players after they’ve milked the crates.

I think your reasoning is sound but now is the time to cash in on the holiday money.  In a few weeks the money has all been spent.  I'm hoping we see a sale in the next day or two.  I'd grab a Mass or T-61 on sale. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,225 posts
14,396 battles

I am also hoping for a doubloon premium ship sale.

Come on, WG...be the naughty, seductive Mrs. Claus you know you want to be and seduce those doubloons out of me...

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,694 posts
12,368 battles
7 hours ago, Wolcott said:

I recall last year they put almost every premium ship into the tech tree and they were all on discount. Now it's only tech tree ship discounts, which is disappointing compared to last year's.

And even for that you need to act quick. The info in the tech tree sez the discount expires 6:30am tomorrow morning.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[RKLES]
Members
12,222 posts
13,863 battles
8 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

I analyzed the situation and what Wargaming is wanting is for those of us that really want the PE Friedrich, we either have to pay cash for it, grind the event which will include 6 nations each needing 4 million credits. Now I know many players myself included that use 5 or less of the nations. Wargaming also limited our credit earring dash with 6 nations down to 2 weeks and forcing us to have that as last chance to earn the Steel with Friedrich during that time. So by keeping the costs of premium ships up, creating time crunch, and pulling some of the easier / cheaper answers out of Tech tree like Gullio Cesar, they force us to make difficult decisions. You either have to spend a lot more Doubloons, have higher level tech tree ships inn6 nations which often involves having the Port Slots for it, not to mention the credits. Have premium time, pay cash, or give up onnthe idea of getting PE Friedrich. Of course a cheaper loophole is using Russian premium ships, but decent number of us find that idea distasteful and don’t even use Russian ships to begin with.( Wargaming is Russian Company, so naturally they are eager to force us into using Russian ships)

So while you are correct about them milking Santa Crates, they are also heavily milking the PE Friedrich Campaigns based on how many of those ships I have been seeing in game and honestly if I got 300 additional Doubloons I would very much be tempted to take the bait and buy Roma to be able to grind credits for the PE Friedrich..

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

I also recall the tech tree premium sale being after Christmas last year.  I know I picked up three or four.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,771 posts
22,131 battles

Yeah someone on Reddit looked back and the tech tree sale of premiums was done around the New Year, not Christmas last year. 

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Premium ships and perma camos are on discount on the Asia server right now. Should only be a matter of time before NA gets the same special.

No discounts on T10 perma camos though, only up to T9.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,771 posts
22,131 battles

Ok the SEA server is reporting a discount on premium ships on the tech tree. They haven't added any new ones, just the ones that were already there. Here is a list of ships and the discounts as reported on Reddit:

• Cool 2