You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NK_33

Destroyermen Collaboration

Ships to add  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which ships:

• Amagi
    • Walker
    • Mahan
    • Chocolate-covered bacon with espresso sprinkles

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
572 posts
8,935 battles

If any of you are familiar with the Destroyermen series, there is an interesting Japanese battlecruiser, the Amagi which is basically the existing Amagi hull, with 10 10 inch rather than the 10 16 inch guns.

There's also the Walker (Wickes-class) and the Mahan (Wickes-class) but these don't have the unusual qualities of the Amagi.

Considering that WG has done collaborations with anime, how about a collaboration with an book series?

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,852 posts
11,307 battles

Amagi would be interesting however I see 1 slight issue - where do you put her? Odds are a BC variant is closer to Ashitaka (essentially A hull Amagi) that is tier 7, but now reducing her to 10 inch guns. I know Scharn is at tier 7 but it'd have even smaller guns than that. No overmatch ability, depending on what the guns are (not familiar with the books or what they did in design) but what 10 inch guns I can find for Japan, not exactly stellar in a 5x2 configuration, and pretty weak protection. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,849 posts
7,624 battles
19 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Amagi would be interesting however I see 1 slight issue - where do you put her? Odds are a BC variant is closer to Ashitaka (essentially A hull Amagi) that is tier 7, but now reducing her to 10 inch guns. I know Scharn is at tier 7 but it'd have even smaller guns than that. No overmatch ability, depending on what the guns are (not familiar with the books or what they did in design) but what 10 inch guns I can find for Japan, not exactly stellar in a 5x2 configuration, and pretty weak protection. 

Heck, those guns are smaller than Alaska's! She'd just be a cruiser with silly levels of armor at that point, wouldn't she?

[BBICT]
Members
3,676 posts
3,845 battles

I've been meaning to read that series. It does look pretty interesting. At least the anime haters won't have anything to rage about, LOL..