You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rannith

just a question on Aslain

11 comments in this topic

[OKZZ]
Members
128 posts
2,964 battles

I know this has probably been asked before but I'm concerned about being kicked from the servers while using this software.

It is safe?

Edited by Rannith
edit

[WORX]
Members
9,670 posts
17,623 battles
1 minute ago, Rannith said:

I know this has probably been asked before but I'm concerned about being kicked from the servers while using this software.

as in perma ban????The way I know is, if its free and WOWS knows about it, you're good. If you go to a 3rd party mod site and you paid for it? Its illegal.

WOWS knows about Aslain for years.Its free so you're good.

• Cool 1

[OKZZ]
Members
128 posts
2,964 battles

I mainly use it to unlock the fps cap to 144, why the game dosent have this is beyond me :S

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,657 posts
4,602 battles
54 minutes ago, Rannith said:

It is safe?

Everything - and I mean everything - in Alsain's pack has been approved by WG.  No worries.

Though it's not really a mod, install mxstat (down near the bottom) and check it out for mining your own personal data.  More than you wanted to know about your game.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
714 posts
6,136 battles

Aslain's modpacks has a lot of great informational and visual improvement tools.. just be careful not to choose too many or your display will be so full of information you can't see to fight. There's one that helps make the minimap as huge as you want it to be if you have trouble making out enough detail or find yourself not looking at it enough. Also some stats on other ships for the display bars if you have trouble keeping it all in memory.

What you do need to avoid (not in Aslain's) is aimbots or aim assist. Those will get you banned. Aslain has some alternate crosshairs you can try out (I use Eye of Sauron). They will take the place of one of the standard ones as you toggle through.

The only hassle is, every time there is an update you will need to watch for a new drop of the modpack, and then install it again. It retains your cchoices though so its just a matter of waiting for your download to finish and run the program.

In general I don't think its caused much in the way of crashes.. my only oddity that I've not tried to figure out is why I don't have that circle on the minimap that shows you where your guns are aimed when trying to guess at ship positions. I've never had that feature.

Edited by Capn_Nugget
misspelled too as to

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,657 posts
4,602 battles
8 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

I don't have that circle on the minimap that shows you where your guns are aimed

There is a mod that WG copied for the mini-map target circle.  It uses a x instead of a circle.  Can't recall the name.

Personally, I prefer the x.  Too often do I mistake the circle for yet another uncharted island.

Edited by iDuckman

[--K--]
Members
6,626 posts
14,434 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

There is a mod that WG copied for the mini-map target circle.  It uses a x instead of a circle.  Can't recall the name.

A lot of in game features came from mods. Smoke screen boundaries, smoke screen timers, other cross hairs. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,780 posts
25,373 battles
10 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Everything - and I mean everything - in Alsain's pack has been approved by WG.  No worries.

Though it's not really a mod, install mxstat (down near the bottom) and check it out for mining your own personal data.  More than you wanted to know about your game.

Not only this: you find most of the mods in the official WG mod pack. I think the only one missing is Aslains contours. I prefer them, instead of showing a silhouette of a ship, you just have the name.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles
9 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Aslain's modpacks has a lot of great informational and visual improvement tools.. just be careful not to choose too many or your display will be so full of information you can't see to fight. There's one that helps make the minimap as huge as you want it to be if you have trouble making out enough detail or find yourself not looking at it enough. Also some stats on other ships for the display bars if you have trouble keeping it all in memory.

What you do need to avoid (not in Aslain's) is aimbots or aim assist. Those will get you banned. Aslain has some alternate crosshairs you can try out (I use Eye of Sauron). They will take the place of one of the standard ones as you toggle through.

The only hassle is, every time there is an update you will need to watch for a new drop of the modpack, and then install it again. It retains your cchoices though so its just a matter of waiting for your download to finish and run the program.

In general I don't think its caused much in the way of crashes.. my only oddity that I've not tried to figure out is why I don't have that circle on the minimap that shows you where your guns are aimed when trying to guess at ship positions. I've never had that feature.

If you have the minimap mods from Aslain's installed it may interfere with the circle on the minimap. Not sure, though. I just use the X from Aslain's.