Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Alright Who's the Joker Who Thought This Was Funny?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

669
[NGA]
Members
1,969 posts
10,526 battles

1136365676_Screenshot(65).thumb.png.12f3c35b6c6ae5f3e5e2bc757202ed19.png

Well my team was doing just fine, we'd lost one ship and had just about killed the last of the convoy escorts when BOOM! Three battleships come out of the north including a freaking AMAGI that proceeded to one-shot half the team. And no these weren't the battleships that replaced the CVs that used to be in the scenario, those came right after so we were facing six battleships in total. Does anyone know what triggers this to happen? Namely so I can avoid doing it and not get obliterated by the overmatch mechanics.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

if anyone is too far north before you finish destroying the escorting enemies it triggers extra high tier BB spawns. i'm pretty sure they did it because people were waiting for the CV spawns and killing them before they could get planes off, then never took them out when they switched to BBs.

 

Edited by MidnightShamalan
was wrong, read below

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[NGA]
Members
1,969 posts
10,526 battles
8 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

if anyone is too far north before you finish destroying the escorting enemies it triggers extra high tier BB spawns. i'm pretty sure they did it because people were waiting for the CV spawns and killing them before they could get planes off, then never took them out when they switched to BBs.

Thank you.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,929 posts
8,460 battles

It happens when the escort transports moves too far south after a certain point.

 

It's so that it wont make the ops too easy by having the transports go far down south that prevents the enemy reinforcements from being able to do anything about it before the transports successfully make it to the extraction point unscathed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles
3 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

It happens when the escort transports moves too far south after a certain point.

 

It's so that it wont make the ops too easy by having the transports go far down south that prevents the enemy reinforcements from being able to do anything about it before the transports successfully make it to the extraction point unscathed. 

i'd noticed that before too, but didn't think much about it. this might be the actual trigger instead of someone being too far north. usually when someone heads too far north it leaves too much time before the escorts are destroyed.

or both. has anyone tested this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,929 posts
8,460 battles
18 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

i'd noticed that before too, but didn't think much about it. this might be the actual trigger instead of someone being too far north. usually when someone heads too far north it leaves too much time before the escorts are destroyed.

or both. has anyone tested this?

I know for sure by being north does not trigger it at all since I used to do that all the time back when CVs were in the ops and I rush for the north to kill them both upon being spawned and never had another group of BBs spawn. Even now with the BBs that spawn the ops group I run with has a DD rush to north to quickly pick off the two BBs.

The transports would have to pass somewhere around the middle half of the map before it triggers the extra BB spawn with an Amagi in it.

 

In this scenario, there is more than enough time to have ships be at the north top of the map before the extra BB spawn comes out which may be why it appears to be the trigger when it's actually not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles
14 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I know for sure by being north does not trigger it at all since I used to do that all the time back when CVs were in the ops and I rush for the north to kill them both upon being spawned and never had another group of BBs spawn. Even now with the BBs that spawn the ops group I run with has a DD rush to north to quickly pick off the two BBs.

The transports would have to pass somewhere around the middle half of the map before it triggers the extra BB spawn with an Amagi in it.

 

In this scenario, there is more than enough time to have ships be at the north top of the map before the extra BB spawn comes out which may be why it appears to be the trigger when it's actually not.

thanks for the clarification. that's good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,929 posts
8,460 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

G4bvmQ3.png

Don't go there.

 

^ apparently this is what was causing the trigger as it's not really just being too far north, but rather being in that specific area in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[A-D-F]
Members
1,134 posts
9,452 battles

A well coordinated team could trigger these 'penalty' BB's and get the extra XP, and still 5-star the op.  But there wasn't much room for error. Don't know about six battleships.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[P-V-E]
Members
1,449 posts

you can normally tell how its going to go depending on the amount of people who pass through the G5|6 gap south of the island and thus take themselves out of the fight with the second wave that comes from the NW (west of the island chain), which causes people in the F4|5 area to become focused while enjoying an absence of firepower from G5|6 gap idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,434
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,656 posts
4,602 battles

After getting focused in a BB, the G gap may be the only way to survive and heal.  I rarely judge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×