You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nurhaal

Hm, finally passed 1000 battles. What do you think?

14 comments in this topic

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles

I didn't notice but I guess before I logged off earlier today, I had finally passed 1000 battles of Random / PVP.

based on the stats so far, what do you guys think? What should I try improving more? Survival, Accuracy? Damage? I've been having damage climb steadily over the last 3 weeks. Pushing for 60k as my final base. Most common ships right now are t7 and t8 BBs as that's my focus. 

Any tips are appreciated as now that I'm finally at 1k battles, I think I may be ready to receive more advanced pointers if you guys agree based on what you see.

100 battle Summary.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
3,351 posts
12,041 battles

You are on the right track. Try to improve all 3 of those things. Also pay attention to positioning and the flow of the battle. 

At 1k battles you may even want to branch out and start trying cruisers and DDs. Itll give you a better understanding of those ship types and why players do certain things in those ship types.

But that is up to you. Good luck sir. Keep improving. 

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,284 posts
13,851 battles
32 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

You are on the right track. Try to improve all 3 of those things. Also pay attention to positioning and the flow of the battle. 

At 1k battles you may even want to branch out and start trying cruisers and DDs. Itll give you a better understanding of those ship types and why players do certain things in those ship types.

I think from what I see working on survival would have the best impact for him.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,809 posts
7,562 battles
44 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

A hundred times this. When I was new, I sucked at BB, sucked worse at and hated playing CV, was fairly good at DD and was alright in CLs. So what did I do? I largely mained BB, as being terrible at BBs wasn't something I was willing to do.

4000 games later, I feel like I've finally figured out BBs. Yes, it took around that long, but when it clicks, it clicks hard. Co-op in Mo was actually how I got that last bit figured out. 218 co-op battles in her, to be exact!

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Great job so far. You're right on track to keep getting better and better! Never stop learning!

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles
58 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think from what I see working on survival would have the best impact for him.

I've been focusing on this a lot, mainly because it tends to be in most tactical games that all 3 major points often interact with one another (survival, positions, total damage output/measured effort).

The more I focus on surviving, the more I focus on positioning (being the biggest factor). The better I've gotten at positioning, the more I noticed the ebb and flow of battle. The more I notice the ebb and flow, the better my positioning, the better my survival. The better my survival, the better my damage due to living longer (more time to damage targets) and taking advantage of the ebb and flow of targets.

What is still tough to learn though is when it's worth it to really YOLO on a push you know you can rally and win. The RNG really baffles me at times and I'm constantly shocked when I get into a position that I need to immediately run from because a CA is raining shells that do 940dmg per impact every 1 or 2 seconds and I'm only able to retaliate with 2 hits or so of "regular pens" that only amount to 1000 damage each. What seems to be happening the most for me is that I'm often waiting until RNG finally lets me get multiple HIGH DAMAGE PENS on a salvo that average way higher than 1k per shell. I have no idea why the game is setup like this - Cruisers are essentially glass cannons and I get that; but having my efforts right now be so clung to RNG is irritating. I feel like I'm reading flows enough to survive well. My survival rate is going up rapidly lately - but it's not necessarily the enemy team that's deciding my moves; it's the god damn RNG. If I'm attempting to pressure a target by exploiting their broadside and I get 5 overpens and 1 Pen of no damage because of a module impact; it sets me back 30 seconds of potential momentum and I often automatically withdraw to hide my vessel from LoS so I don't get DPMed into molten steel. 

BUT, If I land 3 shatters and 2 cits with 1 pen for 19k? Opponent freaks the hell out and runs and I've successfully pressured that sector or flank.

The RNG is frustrating me; I wish I could feel more reliable on being rewarded good damage. 

[RLGN]
Members
13,486 posts
23,534 battles
10 minutes ago, Nurhaal said:

The RNG is frustrating me; I wish I could feel more reliable on being rewarded good damage. 

It is pure hell for all at times...

Like watching a Red battleship hit an island and go dead in the water and broadsided at 9-10k, having plenty of time to aim, then watching every single shell from my battleship land as an over or an under...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
4,077 posts
4,347 battles

More or less 900 (random) battles less than me and it feels like you're doing better than me. Keep up the good work. 

[LSNB]
Members
1,444 posts
4,063 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It is pure hell for all at times...

Like watching a Red battleship hit an island and go dead in the water and broadsided at 9-10k, having plenty of time to aim, then watching every single shell from my battleship land as an over or an under...

I'd question my aim at times like these. Or is that RNG at work?

[FML]
Members
3,654 posts
14,584 battles
2 hours ago, Nurhaal said:

I didn't notice but I guess before I logged off earlier today, I had finally passed 1000 battles of Random / PVP.

based on the stats so far, what do you guys think? What should I try improving more? Survival, Accuracy? Damage? I've been having damage climb steadily over the last 3 weeks. Pushing for 60k as my final base. Most common ships right now are t7 and t8 BBs as that's my focus. 

Any tips are appreciated as now that I'm finally at 1k battles, I think I may be ready to receive more advanced pointers if you guys agree based on what you see.

Looks like you are doing really well.  I would agree with what @Octavian_of_Roma has mentioned too.  

If you have specific questions, we'd be happy to help. 

Else, keep it up! :)

[WORX]
Members
9,574 posts
17,573 battles

Stats are stats and well I can;t really advise you what stats to improve, some ships will improve some stats naturally. I do recommend working on non stat items like

• BB sinking cruisers.
  • Cruisers Sinking DDs
  • DDs (depending what DD you're using) sink BBs/spotting/smoking other ships/capping.

Work on map awarness

Work on diagnosing the red fleet capabilities before he battle begins. The quicker you know what is attacking you, the better choices in the mach you will make.

Work on positioning,

Work on Consumable management.

Other then that, I think for starters ^^^^ What I mentioned will get you better all around.

GL/HF

[RLGN]
Members
13,486 posts
23,534 battles
48 minutes ago, destawaits said:

I'd question my aim at times like these. Or is that RNG at work?

Like I said; plenty of time to lay the aim line on the waterline, all misses...

Even if the angle was off, a dead still target like that should have yielded something, at least an over pen.