You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tanuvein

Multiple accounts for CV rework?

36 comments in this topic

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

Hello, I was thinking when the rework comes I might make an extra account or two so I can create a triple cv rework division. I can see controlling two or three with relative ease, and I was wondering if thats against the eula or not. I'd find it a lot of fun to drop 3 waves of 9 torpedos or a maelstrom of dive bombs on someone, or use one for spotting and the other two for striking on a target.

Also, would it make a difference if it is multiboxed on the the same pc or on multiple pcs? I know generally mmos like EVE were super friendly to multiboxing and am hoping WG is too, especially with how quickly you can get to t4 cvs and the fact there will now be three nations with CVS. I'd prefer doing it one one pc for ease of switching.

Edited by Tanuvein
Forgot what 3x3 equals :p
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WAG]
Beta Testers
762 posts
6,897 battles

pretty sure everything you just said is against the TOS on so many levels.

1 - sync dropping with the intent of greifing (if one of your own acc ends up on the other side, there is no way you would use it properly against yourself)

2 - multiple accounts

3 - corectly me if im wrong but miltiboxing requires scripts to run, which im pretty sure is also against the TOs....

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles

Absolutely not. What you want to do is very much against the ToS. Not only that, but you'd completely piss anyone in the match off, because that's just a  wrong thing to do, and 100% against the concept of fair play.

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

It doesn't require scripts and the intent isn't griefing and putting them in the same division would keep them on one side and let them function as a single unit. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,777 posts
25,324 battles
1 minute ago, GX9900A said:

pretty sure everything you just said is against the TOS on so many levels.

1 - sync dropping with the intent of greifing (if one of your own acc ends up on the other side, there is no way you would use it properly against yourself)

2 - multiple accounts

3 - corectly me if im wrong but miltiboxing requires scripts to run, which im pretty sure is also against the TOs....

While having multiple accounts isn't a problem, multiboxing may lead to a permaban. Also: there is no way to div two CV.

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

While having multiple accounts isn't a problem, multiboxing may lead to a permaban. Also: there is no way to div two CV.

I thought they were planning to allow CV divisions with the rework? I may be wrong.

Members
3,579 posts
21,429 battles

IB4L

What you are proposing is against the EULA. Nowhere does it allow the same player to have more than one ship in the same battle.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,177 posts
4,615 battles

Yep. Got a pic for this:

080.jpg

• Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,495 posts
11 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

IB4L

What you are proposing is against the EULA. Nowhere does it allow the same player to have more than one ship in the same battle.

They stopped worrying about multiple accounts years ago, and nothing in the TOS says anything about playing multiple accounts in the same match. And it's being done now.....

9Ju11SW.png

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 2

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They stopped worrying about multiple accounts years ago, and nothing in the TOS says anything about playing multiple accounts in the same match. And it's being done now.....

Thank you. 

I suppose I should clarify for others: I see nothing in the TOS or EULA that makes this unacceptable, so I was more hoping for specific citations of anything I missed to make sure I'm safe. I freaking love this game and have no interest in breaking rules. For those who said its against the rules if you could kindly post the appropriate segment I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Tanuvein
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,255 posts
18,436 battles

Why would anyone want to just eliminate CVs from this game?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,777 posts
25,324 battles

I just fly over the EULA (6 AM here and finished a 12 hour shift).

Some stuff is really vage. First one that came to my mind is the "creating multiple accounts to getting an unfair game advantage" part. But you may ask @Radar_X or @Gneisenau013 for help.

• Cool 1

0 posts
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

9Ju11SW.png

this.

Indeed, I have seen many instances of what appears to be synchronized sailing in random battles, of upto 5 players. I have long suspected multiboxing. The advantages are numerous. If an alt is synch dropped as an ally, commands can be shared. If it synch drops on the enemy team, it becomes a passive spy/scout. 

The CV rework will simply make synch dropping alts even more viable, than ever before. The OP is wholly correct.  Sadly.

edit : 

Spoiler

2. Prohibited uses, restrictions and conditions of use

2.18 Creating or using multiple accounts for the purpose of exploiting game mechanics and/or gaining an unfair advantage; for the purpose of evading sanctions; or for the purpose of repetitive or excessive rule violations.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,950 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

Cross dropping will become a thing again, thanks to divved multiboxed alts! Who'd a thunk it?

Devs who simply can't delve very deeply into the possible psych of the WoWs population. If it can be done...it will be done. 

0 posts
21 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I know, right? That players even think things like this are ok just boggles the mind.

players will seek any advantage on offer, fairplay is the least important matter for them. Most will seek unfair advantage via legal means (anchoring, fishing, and so on)/ The question is, is multiboxing against the TOS/EULA (running multiple accounts at the same time in multiple OS environments)? Some statements suggest it is, others, that it isn't.

Spoiler

2.18 Creating or using multiple accounts for the purpose of exploiting game mechanics and/or gaining an unfair advantage; for the purpose of evading sanctions; or for the purpose of repetitive or excessive rule violations.

0 posts

I have just read through the EULA (very boring) as a service to the community.

http://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/game-rules-wows/

We should all take note of this.

1 hour ago, awiggin said:

see my quote above.

• Cool 3

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

Thanks for those who pointed out 2.18, this could definitely prohibit it but it is vague. Hopefully the @Radar_X and @Gneisenau013 individuals mentioned can provide some authority on the subject.

I'm surprised by those who see it as unfair if it is allowed. If its permitted by the rules, everyone can do it and its financially free (and t4 is a minimal time requirement). If everyone can do something its not unfair for people to do it, especially if they advertise it for people to respond. I very much plan to make it clear by the account names that its all one person.

I love cvs in real life, and worked for years in ground based aviation. I like the concept of the rework but I simply won't be able to enjoy a single instance. In EVE for instance it was common to have multiple accounts to have a few miners, an Orca and and some sort of combat unit to protect them. Even corporate espionage accounts were permitted and would show up in the game news for successfully sirzing corporations and disbanding the original board/CEO. This is actually the first time I've seen a negative reaction about it online.

0 posts
16 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

In EVE for instance it was common to have multiple accounts to have a few miners, an Orca and and some sort of combat unit to protect them. Even corporate espionage accounts were permitted and would show up in the game news for successfully sirzing corporations and disbanding the original board/CEO. This is actually the first time I've seen a negative reaction about it online.

But this is isn't EVE. There is no persistent environment. It is a very different sort of game/

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,448 posts

isn't the problem here, there are many ways in which 2+ PC's sharing the same IP can both be playing WoWS at the same time and be divisioned together and for it all to be above-board.

if on the other hand someone had the coordination to operate 2 CV on their own via two keyboards and mouse, how would you tell them apart from the above, or for that mater are they cheating or just leveraging their coordination.

most multi-boxing often has a bit of software running that links up the PC's and synchronises the actions on the main PC on the other PC's, but in WoWS, it would be just a case of running 2 PC, both with WoWS and running 2 keyboards and mouse, and two monitors and controlling one with the left hand and one with the right hand, i.e. there is NO third-party software running synchronising the actions on one PC to another PC, the ability is just using WoWS software as is and the personal coordination skill of the user.

[ICOP]
Members
1,078 posts
4,210 battles

I do not think they would have an issue with someone have two or more accounts, however they may have an issue if you use them in the same match. specially if on the opposing side.

0 posts
18 minutes ago, b101uk said:

isn't the problem here, there are many ways in which 2+ PC's sharing the same IP can both be playing WoWS at the same time and be divisioned together and for it all to be above-board.

if on the other hand someone had the coordination to operate 2 CV on their own via two keyboards and mouse, how would you tell them apart from the above, or for that mater are they cheating or just leveraging their coordination.

most multi-boxing often has a bit of software running that links up the PC's and synchronises the actions on the main PC on the other PC's, but in WoWS, it would be just a case of running 2 PC, both with WoWS and running 2 keyboards and mouse, and two monitors and controlling one with the left hand and one with the right hand, i.e. there is NO third-party software running synchronising the actions on one PC to another PC, the ability is just using WoWS software as is and the personal coordination skill of the user.

Your argument makes absolutely no difference, as regards the terms of service.