You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beefstorm

ranked battles

18 comments in this topic

[FLUF]
Members
7 posts
3,203 battles

There has to be a better way to do ranked battles. For 4 days I have been on rank 5 get a star to lose a star deal over and over and over. The issue I have is this the way it is now is no way of representing yourself as far as skill etc. What I mean is to rely on other players does not show your on skill nor should it reflect on one's own rank. I would rather have ranked battles to be with bots as a team  then the [edited] cry players we all seem to get, or the players who go afk cuz they get upset in the game or the players with no skill and shouldnt even be in a ranked battle to start with. Again if this is a ranked battle for someone to get a rank shouldnt they have more control over there own rank, and not to rely on other the players that shouldnt matter or refect on your own rank? There has to be a better way then this.

Members
1,369 posts
8,689 battles

One of the very few ways to minimize the effect of the randomness of MM is divisioning. Because these sprint versions allow you to division with one other person, I suggest you try that. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

It's 5v5, you should be able to be very impactful on the match. If your losing over and over then you are probably contributing to that loss.

• Cool 3

[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,419 battles

if you think your team gonna lose, don't banzai or lose hope, fight till very end and try inflict damage as many as you can to be on top of losing team..you wont lose star and still have hope in the next battles..

[FML]
Members
2,129 posts
11,204 battles
38 minutes ago, Beefstorm said:

There has to be a better way to do ranked battles. For 4 days I have been on rank 5 get a star to lose a star deal over and over and over. The issue I have is this the way it is now is no way of representing yourself as far as skill etc. What I mean is to rely on other players does not show your on skill nor should it reflect on one's own rank. I would rather have ranked battles to be with bots as a team  then the [edited] cry players we all seem to get, or the players who go afk cuz they get upset in the game or the players with no skill and shouldnt even be in a ranked battle to start with. Again if this is a ranked battle for someone to get a rank shouldnt they have more control over there own rank, and not to rely on other the players that shouldnt matter or refect on your own rank? There has to be a better way then this.

Ranked is a test of individual skill. If you can’t progress, then it’s because you need to improve. If you are truly good, you would save your stars on a loss so that when you win you move forward. 

Ranked is different to random. You need different skills, like patience, precision, and restraint. 

Doing ranked taught me how to dodge, how to angle, prioritising targets, and focusing fire with my teammates. 

You should try it. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,468 posts
10,162 battles
26 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

It's 5v5, you should be able to be very impactful on the match. If your losing over and over then you are probably contributing to that loss.

True but you are still at the mercy of your team mates to advance and ranked is supposed to be about the individual. I will admit that Ranked Sprint is more enjoyable than regular Ranked but reducing the impact of the team on individual advancement would be a huge improvement.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but you are still at the mercy of your team mates to advance and ranked is supposed to be about the individual. I will admit that Ranked Sprint is more enjoyable than regular Ranked but reducing the impact of the team on individual advancement would be a huge improvement.

I won't play normal ranked cause I think the star/save a star system is total garbage, but these last 3 ranked sprints I have had 75%ish WR just cause smaller teams is so much easier to carry (or have real positive impact)

Members
342 posts
6,458 battles
1 hour ago, Beefstorm said:

Yes, you will find bad players in Ranked that's why you have to play better AND use the best ship for Ranked Spirit 3 (The Great Farragut). If you really want to help your team, then you should use the Farragut all the time, Farragut is the best DD in T6 my friend. And i finished Ranked without a DIV.

shot-18.12.24_19.00.20-0240.jpg

[PQUOD]
Members
1,056 posts
7,658 battles
2 hours ago, Beefstorm said:

Just speaking for myself, I found I had better luck with certain classes of ships. I started out doing well with the Farragut. Once past rank 5 I did better with the New Mexico.

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,468 posts
10,162 battles
7 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Just speaking for myself, I found I had better luck with certain classes of ships. I started out doing well with the Farragut. Once past rank 5 I did better with the New Mexico.

You have to play the ships you are most comfortable in and those tend to be premium ships at this tier because people do not want to spend money to retrain a highly skilled captain that they likely also need in clan battles.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,056 posts
7,658 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You have to play the ships you are most comfortable in and those tend to be premium ships at this tier because people do not want to spend money to retrain a highly skilled captain that they likely also need in clan battles.

The only premium T6 I have is the Agile. Between that and the Farragut, it was the Farragut. ( I chose to do the USN tech tree first). I didn't have 19 point captains on either ship. Just tried to play conservative and maximize the ships strengths. I don't really save XP for anything in the arsenal. That's what I use the coal for.

[SC]
[SC]
Members
70 posts
8,037 battles
3 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

One of the very few ways to minimize the effect of the randomness of MM is divisioning. Because these sprint versions allow you to division with one other person, I suggest you try that. 

I tried to div up after rank 5....the game would not let me. As soon as i start a div...game put me into randoms.

I've had no problems winning tho....maybe just luck. I'm just an average player.

I've been playing the Normandie ....maxed out specs..great little bb

Edited by Renuz

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,468 posts
10,162 battles
6 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The only premium T6 I have is the Agile. Between that and the Farragut, it was the Farragut. ( I chose to do the USN tech tree first). I didn't have 19 point captains on either ship. Just tried to play conservative and maximize the ships strengths. I don't really save XP for anything in the arsenal. That's what I use the coal for.

There are always exceptions and not everyone has a port with over 200 ships with premiums in pretty much every tier they are available  except tier 10 as I do so you go with what you have.

Members
1,369 posts
8,689 battles
2 minutes ago, Renuz said:

I tried to div up after rank 5....the game would not let me. As soon as i start a div...game put me into randoms.

I've had no problems winning tho....maybe just luck. I'm just an average player.

Maybe you are correct. IDK. I havent done any of the sprint ranked, It isnt worth my time. 

Sorry OP my advice dont work at rank5 or higher.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,468 posts
10,162 battles
3 minutes ago, Renuz said:

There is a bug that resets the battle type to random when you invite someone to division. Try again and make sure you have ranked selected and that they are in the same bracket as you, 6 - 10 or 2 - 5.

• Cool 1

[SC]
[SC]
Members
70 posts
8,037 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Maybe you are correct. IDK. I havent done any of the sprint ranked, It isnt worth my time. 

Sorry OP my advice dont work at rank5 or higher.

soooo...why did you post at all ????....lol

• Bad 1

[SC]
[SC]
Members
70 posts
8,037 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

There is a bug that resets the battle type to random when you invite someone to division. Try again and make sure you have ranked selected and that they are in the same bracket as you, 6 - 10 or 2 - 5.

We was both over rank 5 ...auto switch to random.

I'll try again...thx

Members
1,369 posts
8,689 battles
11 minutes ago, Renuz said:

soooo...why did you post at all ????....lol

It's pretty obvious. I am aware divisioning is allowed somewhat in this type of ranked, but wasnt aware of any restriciton. OP asks how he can more easily rank up. Divisioning would help. Most likely.

I dont even see that rule listed.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/ranked-sprints-3-4/

EDIT: It isnt a rule, dude is just dumb

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma