Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gardie

Which steel ship?

Which steel ship?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I can get Black today or save ~9,000 steel for the others. Which would you do if you didn't have any of them?

• Get USS Black now
    • Save for Stalingrad
    • Save for Bourgogne
    • Wait for something else
    • Bacon

13 comments in this topic

[7AES]
Members
83 posts
14,318 battles

I have enough steel to get USS Black today. Would like your opinions wherever I should get it or save for Stalingrad or Bourgogne.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles

I guess it may depend on what's your favorite ship type, and whether you're in a clan that's serious about clan battles (or you're serious about CBs and may change to a different clan in the future).   I'm personally leaning towards waiting for the Azuma, but also want the Black.

The Stalingrad might be interesting, but some people can't see it as anything more than a Moskva on steroids and use it that way in Clan Battles, rather than playing it as a mobile kiter and secondary "sort of battleship" to take better advantage of its good guns.  And I'd hate to have a Stalingrad only to be forced to play it in CBs in a way that I loathe and would perform poorly because of that loathing.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,089 posts
6,757 battles

I would wait to see what new ships come out. We know a new ships is going to be here soon. Out of the ones I can afford I would get Black but I like American DDs 

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,298 battles

Go for Stalingrad if you can. Why?

Spoiler

shot-18_12.22_23.40_12-0095.thumb.jpg.3f57e5d855bc53779a90e78dc03f45e1.jpg

shot-18_12.24_23_06.56-0738.thumb.jpg.a0ab0799607f55b02824998725c52e0b.jpg

I'd do even more damage if the reds don't run away at first contact.  Or hide.

• Cool 1

[7AES]
Members
83 posts
14,318 battles

Stalingrad is pulling away from the pack followed by Black and bacon.

[UEFN]
Members
1,281 posts
21,609 battles

I had enough steel to get either Stalingrad or Bourgogne, i went with Stalingrad and very glad i did.    No way i would spend any steel on a gimmicky BB with a wimpy 380mm gun and battle-cruiser level HP pool that gets burn down quickly like all other french BB, no Sir.

Members
189 posts

I really hated playing my Moskva, with its squishy sides.  So I don’t think I would enjoy the Stalingrad that much.  Soooo, I would get the Black if I had the steel to do so.

[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,329 posts
13,162 battles

I would wait to see what the meta will look like after the CV rework.  So much is going to change, why make such a major purchase before knowing what the game will look like?

[THREE]
Members
2,305 posts
12,404 battles

Hey

I have to say for myself since I was limited on resources; I picked up the Flint and been having a good deal of fun with it.  Basically a smoked up Atlanta is quite interesting and a ball to play.

Pete

Sign in to follow this