Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fang_cloudeye

Operation Scrooge

12 comments in this topic

[MWM]
-Members-
293 posts
4,949 battles

Operation Scrooged

Date: Dec 24th & 25th

The grinch fleet is here to steal your holiday, each one is carrying a chistmas crate and your mission is to get it back.

Grinches will announce their being in a match by saying in open chat "Time to grinch your X-mas"

Grinches can appear in any random game at any time between 12/24 and 12/25, players will just have to pay attention to in game chat to see if a Grinch is in your match.

If a player sinks a grinch that player will need to take a screen shot from the battle results screen showing they sunk the grinch and send that screen shot
Highlighting the grinch to fang_cloudeye on the WG forums.

Prizes will be a Santa's crate per grinch sunk. Rewards will take a day or so to be sent out as a code to be claimed on the forums.

Grinches will only be seen in random battles.

Rules:

teamkilling a Grinch is not allowed, this is naughty and the Dark lords of WG WILL cast an unkind eye on those that TK event members.

Grinches are allowed to Div up with minions (minions count for nothing) or other Grinches.

Should there be Grinches on both teams they will not engage each other unless,

Should they be the only ships left in the later stage of the battle they are allowed to fight each other.

If a Grinch is is the only ship within 10KM and protecting a capital ship (CV) and the attacking ship is a grinch then the grinches are allowed to shoot at each other.

Players must send in their screenshots by 12/27/2018 to claim their prizes. Any screenshots sent in after that time will not be honored.

The members of the grinch fleet are the following players

Fang_cloudeye,  Hellish Yoda, Hellgrunt, Broken Gamer, Skraeling, Potenkyn, Hadron Collide, Sinboto, Malarkey_, Ghost_Raven75, Vasuba,

Flagship_Zao, Calvin Range, Jollyroger6969, Hutch07

cat with nuke glasses.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
567 posts
6,919 battles

since they seem to do this in one form or other many times a year you think they could program it to auto reward the dude who killed X without all this send in screenshot thing then wait bla-bla-bla  Should be super easy.. bah humbug!

Members
3,531 posts
21,318 battles
5 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

since they seem to do this in one form or other many times a year you think they could program it to auto reward the dude who killed X without all this send in screenshot thing then wait bla-bla-bla  Should be super easy.. bah humbug!

I don't think this is a WG sponsored event.

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

Battle Results Screen - I assume this is the detailed screen you see at the end of the game which show the ships sunk., damage inflicted, etc.?

[MWM]
Supertester
1,816 posts
6,005 battles
11 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I don't think this is a WG sponsored event.

It is, but they didnt program anything for this.

[BISC]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,220 battles
6 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Battle Results Screen - I assume this is the detailed screen you see at the end of the game which show the ships sunk., damage inflicted, etc.?

Yep. I'll also keep track of anyone who sinks me - so if anyone spaces, it'll still be documented.

I like to think I'm an honest person - and I wouldn't want anyone else to think otherwise. We're Supertesters. We've got a rep to maintain. :cap_cool:

Members
3,531 posts
21,318 battles
2 minutes ago, Skraeling said:

It is, but they didnt program anything for this.

Oh that's great then. When I didn't see an WG announcement from the mods I made a bad assumption it wasn't sponsored.

[MWM]
-Members-
293 posts
4,949 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Oh that's great then. When I didn't see an WG announcement from the mods I made a bad assumption it wasn't sponsored.

it sort of is and sort of not, it was more giving something extra to do on WoWs over X-mas. Every grinch gave up their time to do this.

• Cool 1

[BISC]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,220 battles
5 minutes ago, fang_cloudeye said:

it sort of is and sort of not, it was more giving something extra to do on WoWs over X-mas. Every grinch gave up their time to do this.

I wouldn't say I'm giving it up. I just volunteered because I wanted to help. Heck, if I had a Grinch suit, I would so stream this wearing it.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,327 posts

And here I thought you were posting leaked information on WG's business plan for the holidays.

Sign in to follow this