Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Big_Pimpin

Really like the ranked sprints

11 comments in this topic

[TMDA]
[TMDA]
Members
290 posts
4,729 battles

I really enjoyed the last ranked Sprint and this one.  It is nice that people actually team up and give a damn about how the match goes.  One more win and I will rank out.  It has taken me a bit longer this time around. Been using T-61 mainly with a side of Fubuki.  I hope WG keeps these going.  Matches have gone a lot better once I got past 4. Better players or at least players that care.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,186 posts
4,640 battles

I've been trying for rank 1 for a little while now. I keep running into AFK players and rambo players who rush in and die. So i get 1 star away from 1 and then back to 2-3 because the team doesn't listen / stick together. It's frustrating. Losing 1 ship isn't always a loss right out but 90% of the time it is.

[SIDE]
Members
4,014 posts

It’s great! No more save a star nonsense. Perfect tier. Perfect team size. Decent composition most of time. Hope it stays this way.

• Cool 1

Members
30 posts
10,488 battles

Ranked Sprints suck! The teams, littered with inexperienced players and island hugging miscreants, are a joke. Most of the time, the BBs hide behind islands and wait until their team mates are dead before they come out to fight...and let us not get started on the island hugging miscreants in cruisers...

Bring back Tier 10 Ranked Battles, and make the noobs work their way up the ladder. Otherwise, the ranked battles will continue to be trash...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[90TH]
Members
1,147 posts
10,773 battles
24 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

No more save a star nonsense.

????

Saving a star is still a mechanic in Sprint.

I agree it’s nonsense...

Edited by n00bot

[90TH]
Members
1,147 posts
10,773 battles
31 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

It’s great! No more save a star nonsense. Perfect tier. Perfect team size. Decent composition most of time. Hope it stays this way.

Huh? I saw games with zero DD’s, games with zero cruisers, and games with zero BB’s.

When it’s only 5v5, statistics say you’re going to have unbalanced compositions quite frequently. That goes for unbalanced teams as well. The more players per side, the more likely you are to have balanced skill levels and average ship compositions. 

I don’t like 5v5 much. One ship dies and it’s GG.

And I have to agree with Cooldaddyo that it’s just training wheels everywhere. Irrevocable at 5 with only 3-4 stars to climb means that even players with < 50% WR should be able to rank out.

It’s maybe a fun mode for some people, but the rank means almost nothing. The games are full of noobs, but maybe that’s the point of Sprint? Collect your participation trophy. 

Edited by n00bot
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
161 posts
9,911 battles

I had a lot of fun this mode. I like the 5v5 format because it's easier to control the course of the battle. I ranked out rather quick. I wish they made it so all the rank 1s could play against other rank 1s.

Members
335 posts
6,385 battles
13 hours ago, n00bot said:

????

Saving a star is still a mechanic in Sprint.

I agree it’s nonsense...

I worked my butt off and saved my star 4 times in a row.  I hate when people abuse it, but I was in a DD spotting and killing, worked well for me

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

The 5x5 format is nice, but the core issues are still there, ranked os still about how many games you can play and not about skill. IMO WG should:

- Incresee the number of ranks or stars to make to the next rank;

- Remove irrevocable ranks;

- Remove the "saving star" for the first player of the losing team;

• Cool 1

Members
4,085 posts
4,347 battles

I like it, but i'm sad too. As a person who plays a lot of cruisers I didn't do well with Hunag He at all in these ranked games, switch to Warspite and I see a 180 on win/loses. This goes for every ranked season for me though. Winning games is nice and all, but doing well only in BBs so far feels like a personal insult to my capabilities, heh. 

Sign in to follow this