You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Snowflakes are the best idea in a while Wargaming

25 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
16 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I had forgotten how fun some of my Premiums are, quite a few of them I hadn't played in a long time. Thank you for reminding me!

agreed.

I did play alot of coop!

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

I got to play ships I forgot I owned and in the process earned the Jean Bart (Or Salem... still not sure which to get).

Thanks WG!

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,759 battles

I agree the Snowflake event has been fun. I've played so many ships for the first time just to collect the coal. I have all the ARP ship but the first time I've played them was this patch. I have had the New Mexico for 2 years and finally played the thing lol. It was stock and terrible. I have the Montana but never played the NewMex, the magic of Free Exp. 

The fast way to clear all your snowflaks is to use Coop. Use the port filters to pick a tier and than run all your ships through a Coop Battle, if the match takes more than 6 minutes you're doing it wrong. I checked my Coop battle history, this whole year I've had less that 4 coop games each month. But in December...96 lol. 

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I agree the Snowflake event has been fun. I've played so many ships for the first time just to collect the coal. I have all the ARP ship but the first time I've played them was this patch. I have had the New Mexico for 2 years and finally played the thing lol. It was stock and terrible. I have the Montana but never played the NewMex, the magic of Free Exp. 

The fast way to clear all your snowflaks is to use Coop. Use the port filters to pick a tier and than run all your ships through a Coop Battle, if the match takes more than 6 minutes you're doing it wrong. I checked my Coop battle history, this whole year I've had less that 4 coop games each month. But in December...96 lol. 

Correct..  have 190 ships in port and had 153 that were eligable for snowflakes..  took me 3 days of reasonable effort to do it.. but hey  153 straight wins and longest battle was approx 5 minutes and I have found/remembered ships that were a lot of fun at lower tiers that I need to play again just for fun..  :)

[YORHA]
Members
4,798 posts
9,442 battles

I still can't believe that WG allowed the rewards in PVE.  It's just too damned easy.

Mind you I am not complaining but I have played something like 60 PVE battles since this began and have  a 100% Winrate.  I don't think I have had a battle go over 5 minutes yet.

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles

Yup this was not only a good idea but one they actually implemented well. Whomever at the WG HQ set this up needs to be consulted on future events as they did it right. :Smile_great::Smile_great:

I also agree it was fun to dust off some moth balled ships I haven't played in a long time; some over a year. Some were fun and made me think why did you stop playing this and others it was like oh yeah it sucks LOL.

I hope they do this event again or others like it. Was definitely fun even if time consuming with so many ships to run out.

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
56 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I had forgotten how fun some of my Premiums are, quite a few of them I hadn't played in a long time. Thank you for reminding me!

Really for me its the opposite it reminded me of why i stopped playing the taichbana and the marblehead :).

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,395 posts
10,734 battles

I played so many Co-Op battles and never lost one game  , I never seen so much green in my life . When I was  finished I went back to Random and in my next 15 games I had a 22% win rate I had forgot how to play against real players . Thanks WG it was a great idea and I had much fun in ships I never play .

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I took the google emperor err googlio cesaerere out finally because of this event. Turns out I like that boat.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles

I'm glad the Snowflake event rewards its veteran and dedicated player base. I have only two lines that go all the way to 10 but those that have spent the time and often money to master many ship classes are raking it in which is a nice and just deserve.

[DEPVE]
Members
191 posts
14,828 battles

Agree with all that has been said above. It's a wonderful event. I would not mind seeing it several times a year.

[PEEDZ]
Members
976 posts
7,797 battles

I never touched my Bayern after reaching tier X. Just took it out in Coop and I remembered how fun and accurate it was hard hitting too. Deleted 3 cruisers in 3 salvos 25k each

[TSG4B]
Members
222 posts
6,098 battles

It's been a great time to play some of the ships that haven't been out of port in a long time... **cough** Duke of York **cough**

Members
3,351 posts
12,041 battles

Tried doing them in random, few ships were a bit frustrating (looking at you ATL). Jumped in Co Op, was interesting being my first time in that mode. Had some fun yoloing. Thanks Co Opers for helping me finish the snowflakes!

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles
9 minutes ago, Darksaint1071 said:

It's been a great time to play some of the ships that haven't been out of port in a long time... **cough** Duke of York **cough**

Think York will see some play when CV rework hits?

[TSG4B]
Members
222 posts
6,098 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

Think York will see some play when CV rework hits?

Hard to say... it's got a peculiar AA suite. It could be very good, or it could become a non-issue all together.

Alot will  depend on the details of how AA works once the CV revision is complete. Right now I don't know enough to really say for sure.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles
1 minute ago, Darksaint1071 said:

Hard to say... it's got a peculiar AA suite. It could be very good, or it could become a non-issue all together.

Alot will  depend on the details of how AA works once the CV revision is complete. Right now I don't know enough to really say for sure.

Oh so true. I want to like the York...I really do. It needs aircraft in the game to justify its long reload.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
8 hours ago, lewellenfawr said:

Agree with all that has been said above. It's a wonderful event. I would not mind seeing it several times a year.

I agree. Doesn't always have to be for Steel. Could give out just coal or something else

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,123 battles

I have been grinding ships and the dailies for so long that I had forgotten just how fun the low tier stuff was. Such a joy to play the small boats again, I hope they can think up something similar to Snowflakes again in the future. The low tier ships, especially around tier 3, is what cemented my love for the game.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have been grinding ships and the dailies for so long that I had forgotten just how fun the low tier stuff was. Such a joy to play the small boats again, I hope they can think up something similar to Snowflakes again in the future. The low tier ships, especially around tier 3, is what cemented my love for the game.

Wickes is just fun to play.