You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

From the makers of Roma and the Duca's we have another "Monster"... Leone

22 comments in this topic

0 posts

it has a lot of guns, while if you take AFT, the 30 second flight time means you can have many shells in the air at the same time! Pretty see? But, once testing complete, I am hoperful it will turn out like Abruzzi did, terrible rep on release, secret gem in reality.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
732 posts
5,473 battles

I watched the YouTube this morning .... you’ll notice the (almost) New York at 1/4 speed in a slight turn outrun the shells! :cap_haloween: The shell velocity is terrible! It looks like they were shot from catapults and have parachutes on their decent!! Lol

Surely this’ll get buffed before release! 

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,789 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

What's wrong with Roma?

Wonky shell dispersion and disappointing secondaries. But other than its a good ship.  

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts

It's a Premium DD. WG seem to have real problems if you look at the DDs they have released; practically all recent releases have had some kind of gimmick in order to take away something that is normal needed like torps or guns. Name the last good DD release with no weird gimmick.......T-61, but didn't that disappear with the screams of OP for an extended period of time?

I guess there is the Cossack, but I hate to say I think that was a mistake by WG, as wasn't it terrible at first and they put in a quick change just before release? They probably made it stronger than they ever meant to lol. Oh, HAIDA isn't bad (although I think that also has one set of torps).

On the flip side if you look at BBs, WG seem to be more at ease with releasing a good BB, then slap on a specific build strength. As the majority of the community play BBs it seems acceptable to watch YouTube videos that show players testing and laughing 'Mwahaha - you die!' <click button>...'and now you die' <click again>. Most other ship types would get a scream of OP if released with similar aplomb. (Then again the WV did seem a little gimmicky - maybe WG are running out of ideas?).

Nope not hating on any ship type, just viewing a trend that I've noticed. For instance, I am generally worried about the FXP DD (if they actually release one!), as I can see them giving it a weird gimmick (75kts torps) and then making their range 3km to balance it, or something stupid like that. I would just be happy with a Fletcher clone at this point lol. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[UFFA]
Members
2,068 posts
75 battles

If Leone is going to be a freemium ship for an Italian arc this summer it probably won't get better. If an actual regular premium I imagine the 850 m/v is going to be magicked on and Stalin only knows what else. It is a relatively slow ship with low duration smoke, very limited torpedo broadside alpha and tenor.gif?itemid=9806094 gun ballistics for now. :cap_haloween:

Leone seems destine to remain in the Sufficit Animus mold of Italian premiums not from gens Iulia.:cap_rambo:
1489999833-sonno-paperino.gif?crop=1xw:1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Roma and the Dicas are fine, they are great ships overall.

About Leone, that broadside is still terrifying vs other DDs. There is still potential there. Buff the concelment and the turret traverse and suddenly Leone bocomes one of the best knife fighters at t6. Another nice buff would be RN give handling. Aslo, give it some decent smoke. 

• Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles
On 12/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

What's wrong with Roma?

Other than having the worst dispersion in the game, shells that overpen everything all the time, a flawed armor scheme that allows even light calibre guns to citadel it if they aim right (doesn't help that she has a gigantic above the water citadel either), very bad range on it's AA, no secondaries worth mentioning, HE that is so laughably bad as to never ever be used, 15 inch guns that reload in 30 seconds instead of the 25-26 common to other ships  ... other than that, you know, she's fine. :Smile_sceptic:

I'm honestly not sure what Wargaming is thinking of when designing these Italian premiums. They are all universally and significantly flawed in some way or other. Aside from Giulio of course. God help us if they ever release actual tech tree ships.

[ARCO]
Members
801 posts
1,276 battles

The 12km torps are nice for area denial, but also a source of friendly damage and pink accounts.

The guns must be in a briadside at quite close range to be effective... it seems a suicide boat...

[UFFA]
Members
2,068 posts
75 battles

The sad part is no one has any energy to rant about the Leone. I haven't checked today however I think Flamu's video is the only dedicated video in English and I didn't see a video from Blizzard or WhiteJack in Italian.

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Members
190 posts
2,108 battles

It's what happens when you take a 1920 destroyer, whose contemporaries go from T3 to T5, and try to shoehorn it in a tier where the oldest one still has six years less on its belt (Fubuki).

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Members
190 posts
2,108 battles
14 hours ago, Patosentado said:

ALL Italian ships to date are 1 Tier uptiered, except, maybe, Giulio Cesare.

D Aosta in Tier V would be a beast

Giulio Cesare has the advantage of having great numbers in the one stat that is, at once, immensely useful and actually gets worse with tiers until T8 comes knocking.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
16 hours ago, Patosentado said:

I just imagined Roma at T7... and no... just no...

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
8,769 battles
17 hours ago, Patosentado said:

The bb's are fine. The cruisers need to be down tiered. The Leone in it's current state makes tier 1 look op.

• Cool 1

[NNC]
Members
1,184 posts
18,474 battles
On 12/24/2018 at 12:11 PM, _WaveRider_ said:

It's a Premium DD. WG seem to have real problems if you look at the DDs they have released; practically all recent releases have had some kind of gimmick in order to take away something that is normal needed like torps or guns. Name the last good DD release with no weird gimmick.......T-61, but didn't that disappear with the screams of OP for an extended period of time?

I guess there is the Cossack, but I hate to say I think that was a mistake by WG, as wasn't it terrible at first and they put in a quick change just before release? They probably made it stronger than they ever meant to lol. Oh, HAIDA isn't bad (although I think that also has one set of torps).

On the flip side if you look at BBs, WG seem to be more at ease with releasing a good BB, then slap on a specific build strength. As the majority of the community play BBs it seems acceptable to watch YouTube videos that show players testing and laughing 'Mwahaha - you die!' <click button>...'and now you die' <click again>. Most other ship types would get a scream of OP if released with similar aplomb. (Then again the WV did seem a little gimmicky - maybe WG are running out of ideas?).

Nope not hating on any ship type, just viewing a trend that I've noticed. For instance, I am generally worried about the FXP DD (if they actually release one!), as I can see them giving it a weird gimmick (75kts torps) and then making their range 3km to balance it, or something stupid like that. I would just be happy with a Fletcher clone at this point lol. :Smile_honoring:

Harekaze, is not gimmicky and a good balanced Kagero option. less durable with more speed.

or with ifhe a meaner dd fighter.

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
7 hours ago, Jakajan said:

Harekaze, is not gimmicky and a good balanced Kagero option. less durable with more speed.

or with ifhe a meaner dd fighter.

Actually it is not really different and pretty meh unless you go with BB secondary gun build - IMO that is where it becomes unique, but to get it to work you need a 14 point captain.

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to having to choose the same old captain skills just to work on the survivability of a DD, for the first 10 points. But to now have to use 14 points just to make a DD work efficiently - hmmmm!

For me that changeability in the Harekaze is a gimmick, and the downside of the gimmick is the fact you need a 14 point captain to make it viable.

Now this is very much tied into my own thoughts on any ship being a viable ship at the beginning of its use and captain skills, upgrades and signals being the things that personalise it to your play style. :Smile_honoring:

[NNC]
Members
1,184 posts
18,474 battles

you no longer need ifhe on her. I prefer pt, ls, se, ce, rpf, ar, bft build to make her a solid dd hunter. I gun down fletchers with ease.

prefer to use ap om broadside cruisers or aim he at superstructure.