You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

Request: Permanent camouflage flexibility.

20 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles

I'd like the option to turn any camouflage I have into a permanent camo. Just charge me the doubloon price and give it the bonuses of the standard permaflage. I have a couple that I'd like to turn into permanent additions.

• Cool 6

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,032 posts
24,817 battles

You're asking WG to lose money on that deal. Will never happen...…….

Members
6,284 posts
19,833 battles
16 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I'd like the option to turn any camouflage I have into a permanent camo. Just charge me the doubloon price and give it the bonuses of the standard permaflage. I have a couple that I'd like to turn into permanent additions.

1 minute ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Probably cut way into loot box sales. If I could get exactly what I wanted, I wouldn't have to buy 5x the boxes to get said item.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,854 posts
7,630 battles
5 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Not sure how getting up to 5,000 of our doubloons would be them missing out, especially considering some would want options. It'd reduce our doubloons, thus increasing out likelihood of straight buying a ship.

Heck, if such a system were in place, they might even sell camos for ships that already have them included (premiums) for free money. I know I'd find a bright yellow Mutsu or some such funny. Not to mention that we're getting ever closer to the death of loot boxes.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[WOLFB]
Members
3,092 posts
6,787 battles

I would at least like to have what we have in Tanks with the ability to kinda of customize Camo. That might be another option

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles

Good idea, OP. Another would be to have a "bare ship" option for any permanent camo.

I also would not mind having permanent camo available for lower-tier tech tree ships I decided to keep. IIRC, New York has one and there was a limited-edition one for the Emerald a while back, but that's about all.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,035 posts
7,286 battles

I would like to see the OP's idea enacted.  Great idea there.

I would also like to see Cthulhu's idea as well.  Permacamo for every ship in the game.

[4HIM]
Members
2,911 posts
11,290 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I know I'd find a bright yellow Mutsu or some such funny.

Yep.  The 'Back to School' camo on the Hood makes it look like a giant school bus.

But I had suggested this (converting a camo into a perma-camo) as a FXP sink given how WG seems to think we have too much of it (though a lot of newer players might disagree with that opinion).  I'd spring for a Union Jack camo on an RN ship in a heartbeat.  

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,709 battles
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Good idea, OP. Another would be to have a "bare ship" option for any permanent camo.

I also would not mind having permanent camo available for lower-tier tech tree ships I decided to keep. IIRC, New York has one and there was a limited-edition one for the Emerald a while back, but that's about all.

I too often like the "bare ship" look.      I'm almost 50...I don't really want my WWII-era BB to look like a teenage girl's spandex workout pants (Frosty Fir Tree.)     :cap_wander: 

Edited by ThumperD702
  • Funny 2

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles
8 minutes ago, Falls_USMC said:

I would love nothing more than to turn the Hunter camo permanent. 

Please. 

Hunter and Shadow Lurker are the two I had in mind, specifically. 

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,035 posts
7,286 battles
5 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

I too often like the "bare ship" look.      I'm almost 50...I don't really want my WWII-era BB to look like a teenage girl's spandex workout pants (Frosty Fir Tree.)     :cap_wander: 

I agree.  Battleship Gray is the color I prefer my battleships to be.

You know, the blood coming from your eyes because you accidentally got a glimpse of your ship is a "feature", not a symptom of a brain aneurysm.  :Smile_veryhappy:

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles
1 hour ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

How so? Say you earn five of a camo you really like by completing a mission. Wargaming hasn't made any money on that transaction. Now say you want to equip your Charles Martel permanently with that camo, so you commit to spending 3,000 doubloons. Oh, you don't have enough? No problem, for a few bucks you can get the necessary currency. Now it's a moneymaker for WG, and the player gets what the wanted as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles
55 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

I'm almost certainly unlocking Dreadnought tonight. I'm going to take a screenshot of her in Frosty Fir Tree camo, because Christmas.

Ultimately all I care about is what the camos do for my XP and credits, but I can appreciate your viewpoint even if I differ. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,782 posts
25,480 battles
3 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Made a post for this two weeks ago. In Black Desert Online they offer a tailoring coupon that let you turn outfit into a costume. Would be easy for WG to add this feature since the camo for every ship is already made.

My USS Black looks awesome in black.

Members
66 posts
512 battles

I would love to make single use camos permacamos but frankly just changing the base permacamo to look like another camo purely cosmetically would be amazing.  As I have different camo's that I want to use because they look great but I'm down to my last of them :(

[SYN]
Members
1,176 posts
9,815 battles
7 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

I have different camo's that I want to use because they look great but I'm down to my last of them :(

I have the same thing. Sometimes I just put one of my single camos on just to look at it. Much better than back when once you mounted the camo, it was used. Demounting it destroyed it. 

When they started allowing us to demount camos without destroying them, I wondered, "Why?" Now I use the feature so much that I wonder,  "What did I use to do?"

Members
66 posts
512 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

I have the same thing. Sometimes I just put one of my single camos on just to look at it. Much better than back when once you mounted the camo, it was used. Demounting it destroyed it. 

When they started allowing us to demount camos without destroying them, I wondered, "Why?" Now I use the feature so much that I wonder,  "What did I use to do?"

Exactly XD  I have a couple of camos just like that I'm just keeping the last one of to look at :P