You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

What to use to get PE Friedrich?

17 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles

Trying to decide what to use in order to earn the credits for P.E. Friedrich, since I can’t buy the ship with cash. And since I only use 5 of the nations innthe game I now need a 6th nation.

So one option I use the Free XP I have saved to get the Yueyang and collect the credits in Clan Battles, but then of course I will have to come up with the credits to buy and outfit the ship between now and then.

Other options are using the Doubloons I have been saving up to get Tirpitz, or IJN Premium ship, to instead get a premium ship from Italy, Pan Asia, Commonwealth, or Poland. Of course that would mean probabably sacrificing Tirpitz, unless the premium ships in tech tree go on sale in which case maybe a could ships could be purchased. I will be waiting the 17 days until stage 4 drops just in case the premium ship do go on sale, but I need to have decisions made ahead of time so I know what to do.

Any ideas or recommendations? I am having to think this out carefully since it has taken couple years to save up my 12,800 Doubloons, so needless to say they need to be used carefully.And if Wargaming gives out any more of those small free Santa crates maybe another one with 300 Doubloons would come adding Roma into list of possibilities, but that is only slim possibility if course, but feel free to recommend Roma in the list just in case if the ship is good.  I play a ton of mid tier battles so the P.E. Friedrich certainly has my interest, and was originally planning to do the grind and get the ship free like I did DOY last year until I saw requirements this year...

I know many of you have a ton of tech tree as well as premium ships so figured I would ask the WOWs commiunity. I play alll classes of ships so BBs, DDs, and CAs are all options for me. And I will be on time crunch since the last 2 weeks of event I not only have to use 6 nations and get 4 million credits per nation, but also have to use the PE Fredrich to get it’s Campaigns finished. 15 New Years  crates are in that Campaign and that translates into 150 Oil I could give to my Clan. They have been great to play with so helping them out with oil grind is something I try to do as much as possible. :Smile_smile:

[BOMBL]
Members
41 posts
9,255 battles

i can understand the situation. I still have the German BBs, USSR cruisers and French branches to work out. I used my doubloons to buy about 13 port slots (there on discount sale of 75 doubloons). I also like to play mid tier ships, also considering that most of my premium ships are at mid tier. Not too sure if October Revolution would be good for credit making though (considering buying it with coal discount) but i have a supply of credit flags and credit camo so there is a chance i might complete the PE Friedrich mission.

I don't know about the Yueyang, Tirpitz or the other smaller tech tree lines, but I would recommend using the doubloons to purchase a ship and you are comfortable of using and also have a good credit bonus. In the process use the credit flags to assist in boosting your credit potential on your premium and non premium ships.

[GWG]
Members
6,706 posts
12,753 battles

I saw that. I think the Perth will do for Commonwealth, but seriously... if you have to buy a ship for this.. just get the PEF and be done with it. It's actually a decent ship.

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles
11 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I saw that. I think the Perth will do for Commonwealth, but seriously... if you have to buy a ship for this.. just get the PEF and be done with it. It's actually a decent ship.

My problem is I can’t pay cash for the PE Friedrich. Only reason I have Doubloons to buy a ship with is from saving the Doubloons from various Ranked seasons, Scenerios, and Super Containers

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,987 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My problem is I can’t pay cash for the PE Friedrich. Only reason I have Doubloons to buy a ship with is from saving the Doubloons from various Ranked seasons, Scenerios, and Super Containers

Understand. 

I was gonna say, “I used PayPal to get mine, base package”. 

:Smile_Default:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
11,212 battles

Well the question then is - what do you prefer playing. If you've played and like say Gnenvy, then I'd recommend Fushun, the tier 6 PA DD that happens to be similar, but gains the ability to stealth torp 3/4 classes, and decent guns to deal with the one it can't. Cheaper and easier to outfit then jumping to the tier 10. Or the premium Anshan that has 300 HP more, and the same torps as Fushun just not DWT's, with the option to carry the same as Gnevny if you want. I mean I just pulled about 150k (before the premium I got from the one mission) and that was me taken out in the first few minutes but pretty much nuking a Pensacola on what I knew would be a suicide run as I was dead even if I tried to flee in Fushun.

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles
21 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Well the question then is - what do you prefer playing. If you've played and like say Gnenvy, then I'd recommend Fushun, the tier 6 PA DD that happens to be similar, but gains the ability to stealth torp 3/4 classes, and decent guns to deal with the one it can't. Cheaper and easier to outfit then jumping to the tier 10. Or the premium Anshan that has 300 HP more, and the same torps as Fushun just not DWT's, with the option to carry the same as Gnevny if you want. I mean I just pulled about 150k (before the premium I got from the one mission) and that was me taken out in the first few minutes but pretty much nuking a Pensacola on what I knew would be a suicide run as I was dead even if I tried to flee in Fushun.

I greatly like German BB playstyle as BBs, but have gotten good with other BB types as well.

For DDs I like using IJN torp line, USN, and RN.

CAs I play IJN, German, USN, and been working some with the French as well.

Also play CVs, but may have to stop those when rework arrives since not sure if I will like the new CVs.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
11,212 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

For DDs I like using IJN torp line, USN, and RN.

Then yeah, you could get away with just going for Fushun or Anshan. Other than Fushun's being DWT's They can play like pre-nerf IJN DD's with their torps, but with guns more on par with USN when needed. Kinda inbetween the hitting power of USN and IJN as well as fire rate on the guns I think. Not as much range or low detection mind you, but they are built more like the USN DD's you play. Kind of the best of both worlds really, with a side of good speed at 38 knots. Anshan, barring a sale, will put a dent in gold towards Tirpitz, but you could save free xp on just jumping to tier 6 of PA DD (6 is when the line really takes off), as well as more easily outfit it and all. And perhaps take time to get used to the ship/train a captain so in a couple weeks it's easier to knock out the 4 million credits. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles
7 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Then yeah, you could get away with just going for Fushun or Anshan. Other than Fushun's being DWT's They can play like pre-nerf IJN DD's with their torps, but with guns more on par with USN when needed. Kinda inbetween the hitting power of USN and IJN as well as fire rate on the guns I think. Not as much range or low detection mind you, but they are built more like the USN DD's you play. Kind of the best of both worlds really, with a side of good speed at 38 knots. Anshan, barring a sale, will put a dent in gold towards Tirpitz, but you could save free xp on just jumping to tier 6 of PA DD (6 is when the line really takes off), as well as more easily outfit it and all. And perhaps take time to get used to the ship/train a captain so in a couple weeks it's easier to knock out the 4 million credits. 

I actually have tier 6 in Pan Asia line thanks to New Years event last time. That is why I was considering Yueyang since it would not be quite as far to get to, and Clan Battles makes Credits like no other mode in the game.

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Someone gifted me the PEF.

So far, if you're trying to grind for it, I have to say... might not be worth all that effort.

That is awesome gift for someone to send you for Christmas!

No such luck for me, so continuing the 17 day wait for me in an attempt to acquire the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. My Gneisenau Captain should work well in the PEF I think.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,565 posts
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That is awesome gift for someone to send you for Christmas!

No such luck for me, so continuing the 17 day wait for me in an attempt to acquire the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. My Gneisenau Captain should work well in the PEF I think.

It was an awesome gift, and my comment wasn't meant to be unthankful. 

It's just... a rough ship to do well in so far... just want people to be realistic in their expectations for the ship.

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles
26 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It was an awesome gift, and my comment wasn't meant to be unthankful. 

It's just... a rough ship to do well in so far... just want people to be realistic in their expectations for the ship.

My expectations of PE Friedrich are on par with that of other tier 6 Battleships.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,565 posts
51 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My expectations of PE Friedrich are on par with that of other tier 6 Battleships.

I still have New Mexico, Bayern, Fuso, and Normandie in port.    I'd rate it lower than the first two, about even with Fuso at best, and ahead of Normy and QE.

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I still have New Mexico, Bayern, Fuso, and Normandie in port.    I'd rate it lower than the first two, about even with Fuso at best, and ahead of Normy and QE.

Ah if that’s how you rate the tier 6 BBs I really will do well in PE Friedrich lol.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,565 posts
42 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ah if that’s how you rate the tier 6 BBs I really will do well in PE Friedrich lol.

I forgot Warspite, which I'd also rate higher than PEF.