Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

The Tale of the Cowardly CV and the Little Team that Could

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
4 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

CVs can bomb themselves????? lol 

Yeah T6 and above can do manual drops on themselves.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,546 posts
3,808 battles

Why on earth would a T10 CV suicide? I mean, it's not like he's going to be uptiered, and you guys clearly weren't losing that badly at any point.

That said, I've seen some strange behavior from CVs lately. Had one a few days ago, Hiryu in the T9 game, was doing really well actually with his planes. But he must have thought he was a BB, because he was right up on the front lines with the rest of us. It was trap, we got C and quickly (for once) swung into B. They went A and took their time getting around. I was in the AL, was was falling back from A, hooking around into B to join the rest of the team. The CV was sitting in spawn, and after numerous warnings finally put it in gear... right into B, and then on through it. I was slowly moving forward in the AL, and suddenly here comes the CV charging on by, right at a group of enemy ships. His planes were active the whole time, hitting the reds (and doing well). And he hadn't lost track of where his ship was, clearly was steering it through islands and such. It's the weirdest thing I've seen, neither team could figure it out (and yes, we asked). I can only assume that the enemy were too surprised to see him charging them down as if he were a GZ to sink him faster than they eventually did. We still won, going A is a death sentence on that map.

Then yesterday on Solomons (trying out Charleston) CV drove right into the middle gap and grounded. I'm guessing he just lost track of where his ship was. But it ended up costing us the game.

So I don't know what it is, maybe CV drivers are ticking off the bucket list before they change them forever. I tell you though, most people can't wait for the change, the salt at the enemy Taiho last game was astounding.

Edited by AJTP89

[RLGN]
Members
13,486 posts
23,534 battles
21 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Yeah T6 and above can do manual drops on themselves.

(ninja’d)

...although actually the process is a bit convoluted...

Normally an attempted TK is reflected onto the guilty party, but it seems the program gets confused, since the innocent victim and the guilty party are one and the same; eventually though the logic loop resolves itself and a carrier tends to die instantly.

How do I know this?

:Smile_smile: la, la, la....

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLF5]
Members
3,546 posts
3,808 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

How do I know this?

:Smile_smile: la, la, la....

Hey, someone has to test these things, right?

[WOLF3]
Members
25,163 posts
22,173 battles
16 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Why on earth would a T10 CV suicide?

There was someone I used to division with who played CVs fairly frequently.  He's pretty good, too.  The only guy I personally know in game that stomps Enterprise, Shokaku, Graf Zeppelins with Lexington.  One of the things he'd do on rare occasions is nuke his own CV when it looked like he was on low HP and the other CV was going to try and finish him.

It happened several times and it always bothered me.  Here we were as a team, as a DIVISION, still fighting, and he nuked himself.  After a few more times I asked him about it finally.  He simply didn't want the other CV the satisfaction of getting the kill against him.

"What the f--k about the rest of us in the team and division?" I ask.  It's real annoying.  Everyone is still fighting, trying to make something out of nothing.  You CAN make comebacks if you keep fighting.  It's hard, maybe with a very low chance of happening.  But it doesn't help us when our own f--king CV takes himself out of the godd*mn game while he still has planes left.

We don't division anymore.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
Members
6,708 posts
12,763 battles

Try it out in a Training room folks.

Endless fun for your amusement without crapping on your team.

Oh..  and some DDs are fast enough on boost to outrun their slower set of torps...  more amusement for the training room.

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this