You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
k1nute

Elite status on ships

8 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
547 battles

I'm new to WOWS only playing a few days now. All my tier 1 ships have elite status, I can convert ship exp to free exp. How can I get the other ships I have to elite. I'm just cranking up ship exp but can't spend it cause I'm maxed out on modules and upgrades so I want to convert it but can't. I can't find help on this either, maybe I'm looking in wrong place but I cna't find out how to do this.  Please help.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,141 posts

When you completely research a ship, the prior tier ship becomes an elite vessel. To make your tier two ships elite, research the tier three ships.

To convert elite ship xp to free xp, go to the upper right corner of your port screen and hover the cursor over your doubloons icon. You will be given the option to convert ship xp to free xp for doubloons.

Edited by Doombeagle

[PVE]
Members
478 posts
9,444 battles
2 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

When you completely research a ship, the prior tier ship becomes an elite vessel.

And elite ships do not have to work anymore ;)

to OP:  So work on your T2 ships, get them all fully upgraded so you can unlock the T3 ships. Check the tech tree for the relationships between trees (you'll see new branches for destroyer/batteships etc)

[CLARE]
Members
569 posts

You research the next ship, once you researched it, the old ship becomes elite.  Then you sell off all the upgrades, demount flags, demount camo, put captain into reserve, sell old ship (that frees up a slot).  Then you buy the ship you just researched.

[EQRN]
Members
1,891 posts
15,792 battles

Elite is when you’ve spent all the xp you can on a ship: upgrades and the next tier ship.  After that all xp earned on the ship is “elite”, in which WG graciously allows you to spend $$ to convert it to free xp.  As a beginner, don’t do this.  And don’t spend free xp on anything until you’ve got a better grasp of the game.  I’d suggest selling your ships as you finish them to free up port slots, because more of those are $$ as well, though on sale at the moment.

Members
6 posts
547 battles

I have several tier 3 ships I've fully researched and upgraded but my tier 2 ships below them haven't been upgraded to elite.  OK I've found how to sell my ships, right click on ship. How to dismount modules.

Edited by k1nute

[SOFOP]
Members
2,226 posts
13,342 battles

You have to research all modules on a tier 2 ship and also research and buy the next tier up.  Then the tier 2 will be elite.

When you sell a ship, it automatically offers to dismount the modules for doubloons if you have them, or to sell them for half value if you have no doubloons.

Elite XP on ships is basically worthless if you are a F2P player, as you wont generally get enough doubloons for free to make a noticeable difference when converting it to free XP.  It's basically a lure for whales.

Members
31 posts
3,307 battles
15 minutes ago, k1nute said:

I have several tier 3 ships I've fully researched and upgraded but my tier 2 ships below them haven't been upgraded to elite.  OK I've found how to sell my ships, right click on ship. How to dismount modules.

1. When a ship breach into 2 or more line, you need to research all lines to make this ship elite, very typical for tier 2 or tier 3.

2. Dismount modules needs doubloons, aka spend real money.