You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Galvanic_

automatic punishment system

28 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
45 posts
6,360 battles

Isn't punishing players who quit terrible match-ups early like just saying "[edited] you play our crapgame match or eat a turd?"

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 13

[-K-]
Members
1,151 posts
8,806 battles

No, it's like saying "You signed up to play.  Stick it out and help your team do the best it can do.  Don't be a quitter crybaby.  If you are, you'll get what you deserve."

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
45 posts
6,360 battles
2 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

No, it's like saying "You signed up to play.  Stick it out and help your team do the best it can do.  Don't be a quitter crybaby.  If you are, you'll get what you deserve." 

nuh uh

• Meh 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,371 posts
13,892 battles

So you turned pink for leaving your team short handed because you didn't like what the MM gave you. I would say the system is working as intended.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,800 posts
14,737 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

So you turned pink for leaving your team short handed because you didn't like what the MM gave you. I would say the system is working as intended.

its like a nail into the head

+1

:cap_like:

Members
3,615 posts
21,606 battles
1 hour ago, Galvanic_ said:

Isn't punishing players who quit terrible match-ups early like just saying "[edited] you play our crapgame match or eat a turd?"

Entitled aren't you. The system was put into place exactly for d-bags like you.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,162 posts
7,261 battles

Yes. 

My only question is, who would rather eat crap than play with it?

I think what should happen is, for every time you quit what you consider a bad match, you get kicked out of a good one.

If you quit a match because you think it's bad, you're basically saying to your teammates, "ha ha suckers, watch me make this bad match even worse." My response to this would be, "eat a turd", so it looks the system is working as intended.....by the rest of your team.

• Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
4 hours ago, Galvanic_ said:

"Lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for." --  Jefferson Smith, in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

• Boring 1

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
45 posts
6,360 battles
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, Skpstr said:

Yes. 

My only question is, who would rather eat crap than play with it?

I think what should happen is, for every time you quit what you consider a bad match, you get kicked out of a good one.

If you quit a match because you think it's bad, you're basically saying to your teammates, "ha ha suckers, watch me make this bad match even worse." My response to this would be, "eat a turd", so it looks the system is working as intended.....by the rest of your team.

To answer your question, neither.

and how would the game know a good from a bad match? If it knew that then the game wouldn't have this problem to start with...

Finally, if a player quits a match they didn't think that they could do anything useful. The vast majority of dropped matches are done so because no one wants to waste time playing a game as fodder. Most of the time the team agrees. (like when a t8 cruiser gets slapped in an all t10 match). 

The point is, match making in this game is so bad that they had to create a system that punishes a player for not wanting to spend the next 20 of their life playing a game that is not fun. Instead of fixing matchmaking they installed a new punishment system to deter people from leaving a match early, and that is crap.

• Meh 2

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles

A tier VIII cruiser can carry a tier X match. I've done it and I'm a terrible player. Your inability to positively affect the outcome is your own choice, not a function of matchmaking. You should take up solo ConnectFour if you are afraid of a challenge.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
45 posts
6,360 battles
2 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

A tier VIII cruiser can carry a tier X match. I've done it and I'm a terrible player. Your inability to positively affect the outcome is your own choice, not a function of matchmaking. You should take up solo ConnectFour if you are afraid of a challenge. 

Rubbish, if that was the case they wouldn't have had to install a punishment system...

• Meh 3

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
45 posts
6,360 battles
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, BrushWolf said:

no, I just think it's stupid

• Meh 2

[LSNB]
Members
1,462 posts
4,066 battles
5 minutes ago, Galvanic_ said:

Rubbish, if that was the case they wouldn't have had to install a punishment system...

But the vast majority of people are not capable of carrying matches. If there was no punishment system, more people would be inclined to quit, and that would be frustrating to the players who actually want to play the match as it hurts their team's overall firepower.

Edited by destawaits
  • Boring 1

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
45 posts
6,360 battles
1 minute ago, destawaits said:

But the vast majority of people are not capable of carrying matches. If there was no punishment system, people would just quit anyway, and that would be frustrating to the players who actually want to play the match as it hurts their team's overall firepower.

Then create matches where players perceive they have a chance to influence the game.

• Funny 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,548 posts
20,237 battles
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Galvanic_ said:

What are you seven years old?  How cute. The  "I'm taking my ball and go home" mentality .

[KRAK]
Members
3,548 posts
20,237 battles
3 minutes ago, destawaits said:

But the vast majority of people are not capable of carrying matches. If there was no punishment system, people would just quit anyway, and that would be frustrating to the players who actually want to play the match as it hurts their team's overall firepower.

No one is capable of carrying a match on their own. That is a fallacy.

When someone does every bit of damage, takes all the caps, and sinks all 12 enemies then and only then can they say they carried.

[LSNB]
Members
1,462 posts
4,066 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

When someone does every bit of damage, takes all the caps, and sinks all 12 enemies then and only then can they say they carried.

WoWs terminology seems to tell me that "carrying" doesn't involve such a workload.

Edited by destawaits

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles
21 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Quit being pedantic. 

[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,338 battles
On 12/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, Galvanic_ said:

No, it isn't.

It's more like, "You clicked 'Battle' knowing full well the possibilities of our awesome Match Mangler, and you thereby agreed to accept the consequences."

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[PVE]
Members
3,835 posts
16,370 battles

Then create matches where players perceive they have a chance to influence the game.

Even if we installed an modern Combat Effectiveness (CE) system and an ELO based MM, a lot of players would "really complain" and most likely, drop out of matches even faster....  A sad commentary but, this is a game.........and sadly, in real life now, kids rarely compete and almost never compete "face-to-face" anymore let alone assume personal responsibility for their actions (positively or negatively...)

Repeating a process and expecting a different outcome borders on insanity.  Playing a tier 8 ship in a tier 10 match isn't too bad in a great many of the matches I've been dropped into.......and I'm a potato and even I can manage those matches.  Fair?  Just?  Necessary?  Sort of..............could it be better, yes !  But, as I have said many time now" "people complain because it's easy.......and carries no liability..."   So, turn them pink and drive on........this game will not change because it can't change anytime soon......

Have a great holiday season !