You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Dallas damage better than Cleveland

8 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,180 posts

I had over 100 games in Dallas, averaged 48% win rate, and 25K damage (server average is 30K). Almost same number played with Cleveland, 48% win rate, 23K damage. Neither ship has IFHE.

Is it possible to even play Cleveland up to server average for damage without IFHE (server average is 38K) . I have DE and CE. Captain is 16 pt.

Helena has 40K average damage stats with IFHE, but no CE (15 pt captain). Server average is 41K.

If it is an unreasonable expectation (without IFHE), then I can accept that I suppose.

Edited by Ericson38

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
211 posts
10,837 battles

Yea, without IFHE on the Cleveland, you can't do much unless you land all your shells on the superstructure. Since Dallas is dealing with ships that have 25 mm of armor or less, you don't have to worry about the requirement of IFHE. But Cleveland is dealing with ships that have 32 mm of armor which your guns will fail penetrate, thus 0 damage. Grab IFHE and you will see the difference just like the Helena.

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,592 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralHattori said:

Yea, without IFHE on the Cleveland, you can't do much unless you land all your shells on the superstructure. Since Dallas is dealing with ships that have 25 mm of armor or less, you don't have to worry about the requirement of IFHE. But Cleveland is dealing with ships that have 32 mm of armor which your guns will fail penetrate, thus 0 damage. Grab IFHE and you will see the difference just like the Helena.

He's talking about the old Cleveland.

One reason for your increase, the main reason actually, is that you're more experienced now. Dallas is actually a much worse ship than Cleve was at T6. You have more experience to apply, so you're getting more positive results.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,180 posts

No. I have the new T8 one now. That's the one that I don't do any damage with. Understand how Dallas didn't need IF on HE. Guess that means that the rest of the US CL line needs it too, starting at Cleveland.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,679 posts
12,330 battles
14 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

No. I have the new T8 one now. That's the one that I don't do any damage with. Understand how Dallas didn't need IF on HE. Guess that means that the rest of the US CL line needs it too, starting at Cleveland.

You will, in general, need a higher-skill commander as you go up in tiers, because you’re up against ships equipped with higher-skill commanders.

You might want to consider reworking that 15-point commander (or build new) to have both IFHE and Concealment Expert.

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,180 posts

Thanks, he is at 16 pts now, so plan on:

CE/IFHE/BFT/AR/EM/PT

Dropping DE and Export Loader to get the IFHE.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,119 battles

I started off hating Dallas.. After grinding the ol girl in co-op I was ok with her, nothing special, certainly nothing like the tier 6 Cleveland but when I was done, sold her. Repurchased for the snowflake event I find I actually kind of like her. Am going to keep her since there will be some free permanent camo for her. She isn't spectacular but she is kind of fun.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
785 posts
6,023 battles

Loved Dallas from the first battle.  Was easier than my tier 6 cleve grind due to overall exp and cuz i more proficient with the main guns.  Also seemed like Reds tend to ignore Dallas more than Cleve and her smaller size made it easier to kite.