Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Canadian_Reaper

Are there always AFKers in ranked?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
311 posts
5,202 battles

I know- not trying to start a "WG FIX!!!" thread- but this is my first time really attempting ranked, and it seems like  every other game has a player on one of the teams load in, and just go afk. (Or go hide somewhere and go afk)

I wanted to try the ranked battles out, as I thought it might be a little more competitive (and thus make me learn more-really I need it) but it honestly seems like half the battle have had more AFK players than I usually see in randoms.

It just made me curious, does this happen every ranked season, just lower tier ones, or have I just had my usual "I know it's extremely unlikely that WG programs the game's RNG to hate me, but sometimes..."" 

[VW]
Members
3,909 posts
18,832 battles
5 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

I know- not trying to start a "WG FIX!!!" thread- but this is my first time really attempting ranked, and it seems like  every other game has a player on one of the teams load in, and just go afk. (Or go hide somewhere and go afk)

I wanted to try the ranked battles out, as I thought it might be a little more competitive (and thus make me learn more-really I need it) but it honestly seems like half the battle have had more AFK players than I usually see in randoms.

It just made me curious, does this happen every ranked season, just lower tier ones, or have I just had my usual "I know it's extremely unlikely that WG programs the game's RNG to hate me, but sometimes..."" 

This isnt ranked, its minime ranked. Afk doesnt matter here. Wait for a real ranked session to get worked up about afk.

• Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

I didn't see any AFKs in Ranked Sprint last week. I did see some after the last update in Random. In fact, my game crashed right after the update and I barely made it back to the match before it got started. After updates it's oftentimes a good idea to run the file integrity checker to ensure that the download and install proceeded as planned -- I did this and have had no more problems.

Edited by Snargfargle

[DEP]
Members
245 posts
18,283 battles

should be auto pink if you load in too late for ranked. screws up the game. if your internet sucks that bad you shouldn't be playing ranked anyway. if its you doing something else...either way that's your fault and your decision, which affects all the other players.

• Meh 2

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,987 battles

I wouldn’t say “always”, but I’d say more often than it should be. 

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,755 battles

The reason some people do this is that they will eventually fail their way to rank one by letting teams carry them.  It won’t work well in this environment because with 5 ship teams, one guy doing this is 20% of the team, therefore a lot harder for the people who actually DO play to compensate for the loss of the nimrod who doesn’t.  Also with the new(ish) AFK penalties, they can’t do it for long before going orange and being inelligible for anything but co-op.  

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,174 battles

I didn't see any afk players this season, a few potatoes but no afk'ers

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

There probably are. Use the 7 per day in game afk reports and send in a support ticket with replay for each one every time for any battle in any mode.

[-K-]
Members
1,151 posts
8,793 battles
45 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

The reason some people do this is that they will eventually fail their way to rank one by letting teams carry them.  It won’t work well in this environment because with 5 ship teams, one guy doing this is 20% of the team, therefore a lot harder for the people who actually DO play to compensate for the loss of the nimrod who doesn’t.  Also with the new(ish) AFK penalties, they can’t do it for long before going orange and being inelligible for anything but co-op.  

Wrong.  If you AFK a ranked battle you don't gain a star if your team wins.  I had a rare internet outage last season on loading.  My team won but being AFK all match, I was made pink and didn't gain a star.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,755 battles
19 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Wrong.  If you AFK a ranked battle you don't gain a star if your team wins.  I had a rare internet outage last season on loading.  My team won but being AFK all match, I was made pink and didn't gain a star.  

I stand corrected then.  Didn’t know they’d changed this with the new AFK rules.   It used to happen before they changed the rules though.

Sign in to follow this