You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

Assigned captains?

10 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles

So I was able to assign captains to boats, but that feature seems to be gone, why?

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Because it is not gone- I literally tested it before posting... What are the exact steps you are doing? 

I had captains assigned to boats, I use to be able to recall them after I had them in premiums, but it's just gone. It's not there anymore?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,495 posts
1 minute ago, Capt_h2o said:

I had captains assigned to boats, I use to be able to recall them after I had them in premiums, but it's just gone. It's not there anymore?

Working as intended for me......

Members
5,112 posts
9,462 battles

I am not sure what you mean by recall them so knowing the steps you were taking is the reason I asked for the steps.  Click in the boat you want to assign a captain to and click on the captain like below:

image.thumb.png.df7af1632f70b83af683a95d4362e589.png

All I need to do is click on a captain I want assigned (as long as the captain is the correct nationality for the ship)  and then it will take you to the "Do you want to assign the Captain to this ship" - Yes or No.  If the captain is on another ship then choose the "From Other Ships" tab. 

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles
25 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I am not sure what you mean by recall them so knowing the steps you were taking is the reason I asked for the steps.  Click in the boat you want to assign a captain to and click on the captain like below:

image.thumb.png.df7af1632f70b83af683a95d4362e589.png

All I need to do is click on a captain I want assigned (as long as the captain is the correct nationality for the ship)  and then it will take you to the "Do you want to assign the Captain to this ship" - Yes or No.  If the captain is on another ship then choose the "From Other Ships" tab. 

I could make a captain the primary captain on a boat, it let me recall that captain to the boat it was primary on, but that feature seems to be gone

[WOLFC]
Members
2,631 posts
14,413 battles

I literally read something about that this morning, but can't remember where ... though thought it was called Assign Crew.  I'll have to look around.

[WOLF7]
Members
5,123 posts
17 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I literally read something about that this morning, but can't remember where ... though thought it was called Assign Crew.  I'll have to look around.

There's a mod that lets you assign a crew to a ship, so when you've had that crew in a premium, you can push a button and get the 'assigned crew' back into your boat...but it's a mod, not built-in.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,631 posts
14,413 battles
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

There's a mod that lets you assign a crew to a ship, so when you've had that crew in a premium, you can push a button and get the 'assigned crew' back into your boat...but it's a mod, not built-in.

I was looking through some of Aslain's mods this morning, that must have been it.  Thanks!!! I was racking my brain.

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,357 battles

A captain has to be trained for a tech tree ship.

A captain does not have to be trained for a premium ship.

You can move a tech tree ship captain to a premium ship of that nation without any retraining, and have full use of his captain skills.  You can move him back to the same tech tree ship, and it will be like he never left.

If you dismiss a captain, you only have a few minutes to change your mind.  Once that time is up, the captain is gone forever.

If you are asking about something outside of that, I don't know what you are talking about.  Nothing seems to have changed for me.