You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

How good is the DM legendary mod compare to range mod

14 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,608 posts
8,562 battles

The DM legendary is awesome. I went from the reload mod to the legendary mod and haven't looked back.

You can do crazy daft punk level torp beats with it as well as bait BBs into shooting at you then just leaving. Hahaha

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
314 posts
17,888 battles
3 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

The DM legendary is awesome. I went from the reload mod to the legendary mod and haven't looked back.

You can do crazy daft punk level torp beats with it as well as bait BBs into shooting at you then just leaving. Hahaha

yes it's a pure plus compare to reload mod, question is how good is it compare to the range mod

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,608 posts
8,562 battles
Just now, luckyhoho said:

yes it's a pure plus compare to reload mod, question is how good is it compare to the range mod

I prefer the legendary mod. The range mod is good until the enemy is within range of you without the range mod, then it's a wasted slot. Being able to dodge nearly everything is good all the time. :D

The mod is silly. Put the acceleration mod on it as well. It's crazy.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
1 hour ago, luckyhoho said:

close to getting it lol

Here is the math done for you.

All the rest

[SOV]
Members
4,397 posts
1 hour ago, luckyhoho said:

close to getting it lol

I have only used reload mod. Could.never really hit anything past 15 anyway so use the legendary

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

Flambass says that it's the best Legendary Module available, and I concur. With the module the Des Moines handles like a destroyer. Without the module just try backing away from torpedoes.

[WOLF2]
Members
314 posts
17,888 battles

The mod promotes cancer play, it's only useful dodging shells if you sits far enough away, so you will need spotter plane as well

[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

The legendary mod makes DM a whole lot more comfortable to play.  Well worth the time required to get it.

B

[WOLF9]
Members
289 posts
7,297 battles

I prefer the range mod. Everyone who knows DMs stay at 15.7km range. Now I get to be friendly with them out to over 18km. 

[NUWES]
Members
2,923 posts
9,667 battles

Notser highly recommends the module. 

Spoiler

Flambass also just did s video with his opinions on the legendary modules and he recommends it highly as well. I just got mine last week and I love it. The agility and handling improvement is massive. That was always the issue I had with Des Moines. Its handling was rather poor for a cruiser. The module fixes that and really only trades off some extra radar duration. You can more comfortably engage BBs and dodge shells at medium ranges. 

I tried the reload boost module but I found the turret traverse nerf is punishing when fighting DDs.  DM's shell travel time at long ranges makes the range extension module questionable on anything but camping BBs and the detection bloom increase is straight-up hazardous against high-tier BBs. 

At the end of the day it boils down to playstyle, but it massively reduces DM's biggest weaknesses. Far more so than the other options buff her strengths. 

[NUWES]
Members
2,923 posts
9,667 battles
22 hours ago, luckyhoho said:

The mod promotes cancer play, it's only useful dodging shells if you sits far enough away, so you will need spotter plane as well

Not at all. The module let's you dodge BB shells at medium(11+ km) ranges quite well. You don't need and probably shouldn't be using the spotter plane. DM   has one of the most powerful radars in the game especially now that Worcester got hers nerfed, even if you cough up a bit of duration with the module. The module actually allows DM to engage BBs in one water with a good chance at survival rather than just sitting behind islands.