Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

As requested, how to Minsk

5 comments in this topic

Members
2,118 posts
10,686 battles

One of my subscribers asked for some help with Minsk.  This video is a pretty good example of the basic Russian DD play style, but focuses on her specifically since there are significant differences between her and Leningrad these days.  Minsk has 4km torps and about an 18 second turret rotation speed to Lenin's 8km torps and around a 28 second base turret rotation speed.  This means Leningrad most likely will run EM to compensate for the slower turning guns, while Minsk has the luxrury of not running EM and can spend the points on AR or with an additional point pick up and extra three point skill.  Minsk I feel is in a good place these days, before Leningrad was clearly superior, while today its not so cut and dried as a Minsk has the potential for more gun power than Lenin due to the above changes.

Summing up the Russian play style, if you are not shooting DDs, you are harassing larger ships until you can.  This video was done with a 10 point captain, a bit lower than you would normally have grinding the line.  You should probably have a 13 to 15 point captain at this point depending on camo and flags used during the grind.

The captain:

image.thumb.png.8ea9d3d948bcbdafb00c9d56a6dda62e.png

The build:  Note only one fire flag was used

image.thumb.png.b62988801489eda369e897acafafe484.png

In my opinion her concealment is too trash for a concealment build that you can do on some of the ships in the line like Gnevny for Ranked.  Instead embrace the Russian play style fully.  My complete build looks like this:  http://bit.ly/2LwZDKG

Hope this helps.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,358 posts
10,940 battles

any chance of a UK dd tutorial? I see a lot of people strugling with these ships.:Smile_unsure:

I'd also like improve my overall performance in them as well.

Members
2,118 posts
10,686 battles
1 hour ago, BladedPheonix said:

any chance of a UK dd tutorial? I see a lot of people strugling with these ships.:Smile_unsure:

I'd also like improve my overall performance in them as well.

All of these I discuss the general play style and specialized tactics for the RN DDs.  The Lightning video has a pretty good clip on blind shooting into smoke as well.  I'll do a couple more as my schedule permits. 

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
712 posts
13,091 battles
On 12/23/2018 at 10:07 AM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

In my opinion her concealment is too trash for a concealment build that you can do on some of the ships in the line like Gnevny for Ranked.  Instead embrace the Russian play style fully.

The Minsk has nearly the same minimum concealment as the Leningrad at 6.7 km versus 6.6 km with only a 0.1 km difference. While it may not be able to stealth torpedo like the Leningrad can, that doesn't mean it can't use its detection just as easily as the Leningrad can. I would encourage anyone who wants to use concealment to do so as it can easily be done if you learn how to do it right.

Sign in to follow this