Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

WG you need to be more careful (not a complaint/attack)

185 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,534
[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles

@Pigeon_of_War @Radar_X @Gneisenau013

I have been PM'ing with someone about the best way to do the Mighty Prinz campaign in Co-op with the various credit/XP/FXP requirements. They are not easy numbers to achieve in Co-op unless you are fortunate enough to have premium ships/time and a lot of camo and flags BUT they are all still reasonable overall. I haven't really paid much attention to the Campaign other than to get it started and move along as I do the snowflake stuff. I haven't looked ahead at the undone tasks and such.

Well, in my discussion with this other player they mentioned the very last task that awards the special PEF camo and THIS one is going to be an issue for Co-op players = Earn 1000 Base XP in ONE game with a T6-T10 ship and win. The win isn't an issue but 1000 BXP in Co-op??? That is insanely hard. I have done it a few times but it takes HUGE games in Co-op to earn that kind of BXP. I don't think a lower tier ship can do it outside of a miracle. It borderline impossible for high tier ships. Look at the Republique game I will post below and even THAT didn't earn 1000 BXP. IF that game can't do it how the heck are people supposed to do this? Again, I have actually done it before a few times but getting 1000 BXP in Co-op is harder than getting Super Containers and I am serious about that.

This is going to leave a lot of players upset and angry. They will go through all those missions, most likely using up their stock pile of flags and camo as I have been doing, only to get to the final end task and NOT be able to do it. This isn't a "hard" task or a "difficult" task for Co-op, it is there on the border of impossible for most players. The extremely short time frame of the Campaign makes it even harder to get done. I actually bought PEF so I could get a jump start on the Campaign and now feel like an idiot as I don't think I will be able to do it. That 1K BXP is just a killer. If I do make it, or another Co-op player does, it will be a miracle. Not because we have no skills but because of how rewards are handed out in Co-op. I do not play PVP so that is not an option to finish it.

So the point of this post is to inform you, so that you can pass this on up the line to those who decide these things, that more care needs to be taken when assigning the tasks that are completable in Co-op for missions, events, campaigns, etc... Base XP is a dangerous one to use unless you remember the drastically reduced rewards in Co-op vs PVP modes. Please make sure we actually are able to do them reasonably and that they aren't beyond the ability of a lot of players be it skill, time, ships, or whatever. It is awesome that WG has allowed Co-op to be included in these things and I don't want to be seen as negative here. I am just shocked at that requirement. I don't think I will get it done because it is such a rare and difficult thing for Co-op. Even 800 BXP is a lot for the mode where 250-500 is the norm even in high tiers and "good games" get you 600-700. 1000 is a god level game. 

I am just about this... :Smile_amazed:

Thank you for looking and for your time.

Here is that Republique game. Again if this one doesn't make 1000 BXP how the heck are people who play Co-op supposed to "reasonably" complete the Mighty Prinz? What more can you do in a game then this? (and it is not to brag but as a really good example of why 1000 BXP is so hard in Co-op)

3AAyjAJ.jpg

VnO6QGf.jpg

nkLUpNk.jpg

GWef7Of.jpg

  • Cool 15
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
580 posts
16,760 battles

Can it be done in operations? That's the closest thing to co-op battles and rewards the same exp as random battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,589 posts
21,531 battles
3 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Can it be done in operations? That's the closest thing to co-op battles and rewards the same exp as random battles.

No, only Random, Co-op, Ranked and Clan battles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,757
Members
5,144 posts
19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Here is that Republique game. Again if this one doesn't make 1000 BXP how the heck are people who play Co-op supposed to "reasonably" complete the Mighty Prinz? What more can you do in a game then this? (and it is not to brag but as a really good example of why 1000 BXP is so hard in Co-op)

After making 397 and 384 in two Co-Op games with PEF, I just shrugged and went to Random, and came up with 750 in not that great of a game.  Easy solution, really.  I suspect you'll just have to hold your nose and do a couple of randoms to finish certain things.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
580 posts
16,760 battles
Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

No, only Random, Co-op, Ranked and Clan battles.

 

Ooph, WG screwed up then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
207
[MLPVA]
Members
347 posts
3,986 battles

So do it in Randoms? Even in a loss, I can usually scrape out 1000bxp in the Großer Kurfürst.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
171 posts
7,575 battles

Whats the point of buying premium, and buy/earning/using flags if you still have base xp missions. They have barred me from progress before and I find them quite annoying.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,257 posts
7,142 battles

1,000 BXP in a win is insanely easy to accomplish in PvP. If you choose not to play PvP that's not WG's fault. Just like people who don't play enough lines are going to struggle with parts of this campaign or people who exclusively play Co-Op had a much harder time accumulating XP and credits. Or how people who exclusively play PvP take a lot longer to knock off their snowflakes and accumulate wins when those are needed for a campaign. 

Edited by Rocketpacman
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,770
[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

After making 397 and 384 in two Co-Op games with PEF, I just shrugged and went to Random, and came up with 750 in not great of a game.  Easy solution, really.  I suspect you'll just have to hold your nose and do a couple of randoms to finish certain things.

^Exactly this.

Without the fallback of Operations, anyone wanting to complete the final task of the entire campaign will need to play some Random, Ranked, or Clan battles.  Enough to have a battle where you earn that 1000 base XP in a single battle.  In clan battles, you don't even have to play well personally, as long as your team wins the battle, since base XP in clan battles is 2500 for a win, and 250 for a loss for every player on the team.

I will say that it doesn't quite seem right that Operations were left out as an option for this task.

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, ZER01025 said:

What's the point of buying premium, and buy/earning/using flags if you still have base xp missions. They have barred me from progress before and I find them quite annoying.

 

The point is to require you to have a pretty good game, rather than being  able to use XP enhancers to artificially increase your base XP.  I don't know whether I agree with that or not, but it's OBVIOUS as hell that that's the reason for base XP tasks. 

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

OP, why do you need to complete the 1000 BXP mission?  Aren't there others?

(Edit:  Sorry, but I don't have access to the campaign you're talking about
EDIT AGAIN:  Ignore me.  I found it.  It does seem odd that they'd make it available to Co Op all the way up but then put an impossible mission at the end)

Edited by galspanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,589 posts
21,531 battles
10 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Ooph, WG screwed up then.

No, I think they realize how easy it is in scenarios and that everyone would run there to complete the final mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,770
[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketpacman said:

1,000 BXP in a win is insanely easy to accomplish in PvP. If you choose not to play PvP that's not WG's fault. Just like people who don't play enough lines are going to struggle with parts of this campaign or people who exclusively play Co-Op had a much harder time accumulating XP and credits. Or how people who exclusively play PvP take a lot longer to knock off their snowflakes and accumulate wins when those are needed for a campaign. 

Not all people have the reflexes to be competitive in PvP modes.  If it's a case of some people not wanting to put up with the supposedly toxic environment in randoms, I have less sympathy there.  For them, I'd say that they need to suck it up, buttercup, and get into Random battles (or ranked or clan) and get it done (then they can go back to their safe space in Coop).

But for those who have some physical difficulties that they feel prevents them from playing well in PvP modes, I have some sympathy.  Personally, I'd still  suggest that they try to put their  difficulty aside and forge on a head in Randoms, just long enough to get that 1000 base XP battle.  Of course, maybe some of said players have such great difficulties that they'd feel they had no chance of coming close to 1000 base XP in randoms.  And maybe they'd be right.  I don't know how debilitating their difficulties a re.

Honestly, it would have been better if Operations had been allowed for this task.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,770
[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

No, I think they realize how easy it is in scenarios and that everyone would run there to complete the final mission.

At the same time, they made it possible to progress through the Mighty Prinz campaign in coop, and then made the very final task one that's all but impossible to complete in coop.   Frankly if you have a reasonable amount of talent, earning 1000 base XP in randoms isn't that difficult.  So why then NOT include Operations for this final task?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,257 posts
7,142 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Not all people have the reflexes to be competitive in PvP modes.  If it's a case of some people not wanting to put up with the supposedly toxic environment in randoms, I have less sympathy there.  For them, I'd say that they need to suck it up, buttercup, and get into Random battles (or ranked or clan) and get it done (then they can go back to their safe space in Coop).

But for those who have some physical difficulties that they feel prevents them from playing well in PvP modes, I have some sympathy.  Personally, I'd still  suggest that they try to put their  difficulty aside and forge on a head in Randoms, just long enough to get that 1000 base XP battle.  Of course, maybe some of said players have such great difficulties that they'd feel they had no chance of coming close to 1000 base XP in randoms.  And maybe they'd be right.  I don't know how debilitating their difficulties a re.

Honestly, it would have been better if Operations had been allowed for this task.

You don't need to be anywhere close to competitive in PvP to get 1,000 BXP in a win. If you are physically capable of shooting and/or moving your ship in Co-Op you can do it in Randoms. 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[P-V-E]
Members
1,449 posts

the only way I see of doing this in co op, is to division up with 6 BB's and a DD with Discord/TS, and draw the bots to chock points, the BB's tickle them with a bit of HE to set a fire so the damage control is triggered, then for the DD to hit them with torps to do damage and large amounts of flooding, thus ensuring the DD has the bulk of the damage and kills thus high base XP, while the BB's are just shell sponges and hairs to draw the bots to choke point.

 

then just cycle each game who in the division is the DD.

 

I am available for something like this :Smile_hiding:

Edited by b101uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,589 posts
21,531 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

At the same time, they made it possible to progress through the Mighty Prinz campaign in coop, and then made the very final task one that's all but impossible to complete in coop.   Frankly if you have a reasonable amount of talent, earning 1000 base XP in randoms isn't that difficult.  So why then NOT include Operations for this final task?

Too easy to get the win + 1000 BXP in scenarios, harder to get win in randoms

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,770
[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Too easy to get the win + 1000 BXP in scenarios, harder to get win in randoms

 

Oh, please.  It's not that difficult to get 1,000 BXP in randoms.  And this final task doesn't require a win, though if you don't win, earning 1,000 BXP in a loss in randoms isn't quite as easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,757
Members
5,144 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh, please.  It's not that difficult to get 1,000 BXP in randoms.  And this final task doesn't require a win, though if you don't win, earning 1,000 BXP in a loss in randoms isn't quite as easy.

Yeah, the 750 was easy in a win.  I didn't do so well, came in 7th after going up a  little too far and getting mostly wrecked trying to get away, although I did kill a DD that was sneaking into our end of the map, and do some other good damage along the way.  Killing a DD makes that win more likely, though!

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,589 posts
21,531 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh, please.  It's not that difficult to get 1,000 BXP in randoms.  And this final task doesn't require a win, though if you don't win, earning 1,000 BXP in a loss in randoms isn't quite as easy.

You're right it doesn't require a win, the text says it requires a victorious battle...my mistake.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,534
[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
45 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

After making 397 and 384 in two Co-Op games with PEF, I just shrugged and went to Random, and came up with 750 in not that great of a game.  Easy solution, really.  I suspect you'll just have to hold your nose and do a couple of randoms to finish certain things.

No thanks. I will try and do it in Co-op and if I can't then I just don't get the camo. I am not playing PVP - I detest Randoms. There is nothing they can offer that would entice me to play Randoms again.

40 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

So do it in Randoms? Even in a loss, I can usually scrape out 1000bxp in the Großer Kurfürst.

Why should I have to? It was doable in Co-op right until the very end. If they are going to make playing PVP required just do it and don't mess around. Don't let a player make it to the very end and final task only to find out they can't finish it.

28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

At the same time, they made it possible to progress through the Mighty Prinz campaign in coop, and then made the very final task one that's all but impossible to complete in coop.   Frankly if you have a reasonable amount of talent, earning 1000 base XP in randoms isn't that difficult.  So why then NOT include Operations for this final task?

The bold section is why I posted. I think it was actually a mistake/oversite on their part. At least I hope it was not some intentional twist to try and force people into PVP who don't normally play there. That would not be a good way to go about it. 

24 minutes ago, b101uk said:

the only way I see of doing this in co op, is to division up with 6 BB's and a DD with Discord/TS, and draw the bots to chock points, the BB's tickle them with a bit of HE to set a fire so the damage control is triggered, then for the DD to hit them with torps to do damage and large amounts of flooding, thus ensuring the DD has the bulk of the damage and kills thus high base XP, while the BB's are just shell sponges and hairs to draw the bots to choke point.

 

then just cycle each game who in the division is the DD.

 

I am available for something like this :Smile_hiding:

Can't do it as you outline just FYI. There is a max 4 BB p/ match cap in Co-op. 4 DD too FWIW,

20 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They don't want you to be able to complete it completely in co-op.....

I am not sure I believe that. While possible I think actually it was an oversite and not enough thought was put into the requirement. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

 

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,401
[WOLF7]
Members
12,504 posts
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

 

I am not sure I believe that. While possible I think actually it was an oversite and not enough thought was put into the requirement. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

 

But the last directive is a heavy grind in random, 4 mil in 6 nations in co-op? That will be a nightmare. Not to mention I seriously doubt that most co-op players have 6 nations to play, much less high tier premiums that would make it easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,770
[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
10 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

You're right it doesn't require a win, the text says it requires a victorious battle...my mistake.

Sorry, my bad.  They usually use the phraseology "in a win" in task texts.  This might be the first time I've see them use the "in a victorious battle" phraseology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×