You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Atom_Alchemist

christmas in game sale

20 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,495 posts
40 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

Is there not gonna be discounts for the doubloon purchasable ships this year?

Nyet, In Russia the Grinch has taken over...:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[WOLF7]
Members
12,495 posts
10 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

It seems unlikely but then again WG loves their secrets...

Does seem rather bizarre that they've gone back to this super secret, don't tell your customers anything attitude.

Considering the outrage is was generating a few years back, you'd think they'd know better.:Smile_amazed:

[RSF]
Members
159 posts
11,607 battles

Well the fact that we get a new coupon in the arsenal on the 24th there must some sale in there

Members
414 posts
30 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I believe last year that the majority of the sales coincided with New Years Day moreso than Christmas.

no, the sales started very early in december at the same time they started selling santa crates

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

isnt Christmas a different day in russia? easter sure is

The primary religion in Russia, IIRC, is the Russian Orthodox church.  And the Orthodox church does indeed celebrate Christmas on a different day.  Orthodox Christmas is on January 7th.

• Cool 1

Members
4,096 posts
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I believe last year that the majority of the sales coincided with New Years Day moreso than Christmas.

In Russia, Christmas comes a week later than here so...

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,617 battles
3 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

Is there not gonna be discounts for the doubloon purchasable ships this year?

Why would they nerf Santa Crates … that would be ummmm, stupid?

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,684 posts
12,337 battles
1 hour ago, pinkship9001 said:

no, the sales started very early in december at the same time they started selling santa crates

No to your no. Last year, the sale was unannounced  or given very little fanfare and started very close to Christmas. Almost every premium ship, except the newest ones (like Kidd) and the forbidden ones, went ino the tech tree for doubloons at discounts equivalent to the tech tree discounts:

50% tiers 2-5

30% tiers 6-7

15% tier 8

Members
414 posts
13 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

No to your no. Last year, the sale was unannounced  or given very little fanfare and started very close to Christmas. Almost every premium ship, except the newest ones (like Kidd) and the forbidden ones, went ino the tech tree for doubloons at discounts equivalent to the tech tree discounts:

50% tiers 2-5

30% tiers 6-7

15% tier 8

Im not denying that it was unannounced, but the sale started very early in the season. I remember it specifically because I started buying crates in hopes of getting a GC. Then after expressing my annoyance of getting nothing but a Gallant, one of my clanmates said "why don't you just buy it off the tech tree? They're discounted."

• Cool 1

Members
31 posts
3,307 battles

We just have a new ship and new campaign bundle, it is not good marketing to put up sales of ships straight after.

Maybe on Christmas day or later time.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,327 posts

I'd like to know this as well, as I want to buy Ashitaka.  Is WG support nice enough to give back the doubloon discount if I were to buy now and it goes on sale tomorrow hypothetically?  I doubt it but if they were consumer-friendly enough and there's a precedent I would just buy her now.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,617 battles
4 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

50% tiers 2-5

30% tiers 6-7

15% tier 8

Actually, that's right - they put them all on sale right before they cleared out all the old line-up 

The new batch of premiums in game should stay as is for a little while before they put those on sale .. maybe after Xmas crates disappear … maybe :)

[INTEL]
Members
2,781 posts
15,215 battles

I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.  They left a strong hint in one of the videos.  The 'traditional ship sale".

[SBS]
Members
5,198 posts
20 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.  They left a strong hint in one of the videos.  The 'traditional ship sale".

They might have been referring to tech tree ships??