You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hacmapky

Merry Christmas to me.

13 comments in this topic

[-VETS]
Beta Testers
24 posts
7,673 battles

Just finished the first PEF directive. The 500 Steel was nice, but it will be forever before I ever gather enough for anything of consequence. However, the Perth and 10 point captain from the secret Santa container was a nice surprise. It may not play to rave reviews, but a free ship is a free ship.

Just to add, the Secret Santa crate from the 2nd daily chain mission this Christmas Day presented me with the Dunkerque and a 10 point captain. Lightning strikes twice within a week. This potato got more than he deserved.

• Cool 3

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
715 posts

Once you learn how the Smoke works, it is a fun ship.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,444 posts
23,450 battles

Better than you think because of the creeping smoke and self spotting.

Better than Leander as far as I’m concerned.

Walrus ftw!

[4HIM]
Members
2,902 posts
11,063 battles
3 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Once you learn how the Smoke works, it is a fun ship.

Especially if you get the special weed generator upgrade for it.  If you add the weed generator expert skill that makes a bigger Cheech and Chong cloud, play in a division with another Perth for maximum giggles.  

Haven't gotten that far yet, but others who play it say it is even better once you get IFHE.  

[TBW]
Members
9,739 posts
16,517 battles
12 minutes ago, hacmapky said:

the Perth and 10 point captain from the secret Santa container was a nice surprise.

Go test it in Aegis it shines there.

[EQRN]
Members
1,869 posts
15,634 battles

I love the Perth but it is getting a slight nerf soon.  Some run dual spotter to maximize vision in smoke, one of the upcoming cv rework changes is that the dual plane skill will only apply to fighters, not spotters.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,630 posts
14,353 battles
19 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

... one of the upcoming cv rework changes is that the dual plane skill will only apply to fighters, not spotters.

Well, that's interesting but heretofore unknown info to me.  Dev Blog I gather?  There's another reason for free captain respecs.

[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles
3 hours ago, hacmapky said:

Just finished the first PEF directive. The 500 Steel was nice, but it will be forever before I ever gather enough for anything of consequence. However, the Perth and 10 point captain from the secret Santa container was a nice surprise. It may not play to rave reviews, but a free ship is a free ship.

Perth is a good ship.  I've had mine for awhile but never played it until the Snowflake event.  I've been running it in Ranked and am enjoying it greatly.

2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I love the Perth but it is getting a slight nerf soon.  Some run dual spotter to maximize vision in smoke, one of the upcoming cv rework changes is that the dual plane skill will only apply to fighters, not spotters.

By nerf, are you referring to the planes in your second sentence or something else?  just curious.

B

[EQRN]
Members
1,869 posts
15,634 battles
2 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Perth is a good ship.  I've had mine for awhile but never played it until the Snowflake event.  I've been running it in Ranked and am enjoying it greatly.

By nerf, are you referring to the planes in your second sentence or something else?  just curious.

B

Direction Center for Catapult planes is a 1pt skill that puts up 2 planes (fighter or spotter) but at a slower speed.  Some find it handy for the Perth as you gain both greater firing range and better visibility while in smoke.  For some reason the skill will only affect fighters and not spotters with the cv rework.  Not sure why the change is being implemented.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles
18 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Direction Center for Catapult planes is a 1pt skill that puts up 2 planes (fighter or spotter) but at a slower speed.  Some find it handy for the Perth as you gain both greater firing range and better visibility while in smoke.  For some reason the skill will only affect fighters and not spotters with the cv rework.  Not sure why the change is being implemented.

10-4, makes sense.  thanks for the info!

B