You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA:Cossack has reappeared in premium shop.

18 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles

In Canadian dollar prices, she is $54.85

I note that at the same time, Guineas are $50.39 CDN for forty. If you didn't buy the 10 for 1 deal and it's still there (I can't tell because I already used it), that would be another $1.25 and barely, JUST BARELY, cheaper than buying the ship outright.

Chances are that some people collected guineas on the way whether they meant to or not, and this is coming up on your last chance to get the ship for anything less than list price. Go check out your local prices.

• Cool 3

Members
3,033 posts
564 battles

well I have 30 G's so I will spend about 20 bucks if I want to buy her... Thing is.... 
IS SHE WORTH BUYING???
Some say yes, some no...

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles

She is a good, fun Tier 8 gunboat destroyer that can make bank even in co-op, if you have a good and accomplished game. I got her to have a higher-Tier DD that can run permanent campaigns with my 19 point captain.

Disclosure: I got her for the minimum price, i.e. the 10 for 1 deal, so I paid less than $1.50 for a Tier 8 premium. Even if she were garbage, I probably wouldn't be wringing my hands in despair.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,910 posts
11,290 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

She is a good, fun Tier 8 gunboat destroyer that can make bank even in co-op, if you have a good and accomplished game.

Yep.  Played it in PvE this morning just to knock off the snowflake real quick.  Uptiered to T10.  Managed 2 kills in that one (Khabob and HIV).  Made decent bank just doing that.  The torp reload buff REALLY helped it.  

[SYN]
Members
15,695 posts
12,778 battles
25 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

well I have 30 G's so I will spend about 20 bucks if I want to buy her... Thing is.... 
IS SHE WORTH BUYING???
Some say yes, some no...

Cossack redefines T8 DD meta.

aka really damn OP

Alpha Tester
225 posts
7,584 battles

It's really good ship.

No you will not rack up big damage in it but spotting, area control, assisting teammates who don't have their heads up their [edited]. You can drastically influence battles.

[RNGRS]
Members
9 posts
7,685 battles

What makes it better than the Lightning in your opinions? I encounter a number of Cossacks with my Lightning and seem to outgun them pretty good. I only need to pick up a couple extra Gs to get her and have been contemplating buying them. Thanks.

[SYN]
Members
15,695 posts
12,778 battles
7 minutes ago, BugFreak72 said:

What makes it better than the Lightning in your opinions? I encounter a number of Cossacks with my Lightning and seem to outgun them pretty good. I only need to pick up a couple extra Gs to get her and have been contemplating buying them. Thanks.

Cossack's turret traverse buff and torpedo reload buff now lets it outshoot and out trade Lightning, while not having any issues frustrating reds with 10km torpedoes.

Members
774 posts
5,283 battles
16 minutes ago, BugFreak72 said:

Cossack trades a rack of torpedo tubes for 2 extra guns over the Lightning. Thus, making it a pure gunboat that can obliterate all same tier or lower DDs with ease. Even though it has only 4 torps compared to the Lightnings 8, they are 10km torps versus the 8km on the Lightning and they reload in 66s versus 96 for the Lightning. 

I suspect you were playing noobs because a Cossack should handle a Lightning pretty handily. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,938 posts
5,814 battles
10 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Thus, making it a pure gunboat that can obliterate all same tier or lower DDs with ease.

Akizuki says hello.:Smile_teethhappy:

But yeah, Cossack is a great ship. I'd rate it the second best gunboat at tier 8, which is no small feat. Well worth the buy, and a bargain if a player can get it at a discount.

[HDR]
Beta Testers
311 posts
7,217 battles

I dont want to say she is worth 50 bucks as i think no ship is but if thats your thing then yes she is a very good DD. 

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
978 posts
8,668 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

IS SHE WORTH BUYING???
Some say yes, some no...

100% yes. I spent $15 USD for her and worth every penny. She's a barrel full of laughs. Seriously making a run at the Kidd for my favorite T8 DD. 

Those 8 gun HE broadsides on DDs are just silly fun. And with the recent buffs to torp reload and turret traverse, she is insanely comfortable to play. 

Plus, god-tier concealment really helps when you get uptiered. 

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

Cossack is totally worth it if you are into gunboats. Built fully for camo gets it down to 5.5km, and 10km individual fire torps gives better flexibility than Kidd in surface combat.

It's a bit short in range, but with that 5.5km concealment you should go up close and personal rather than doing the USSR DD kiting.

[PTRGT]
Members
386 posts
41,920 battles

My Fav DD's are Kidd, Cossack and Haida in that order. The Kidd just beats out the Cossack for #1 but both great gunboats and lots of fun to play and if you get then on discount all the better 

Beta Testers
1,530 posts
18,734 battles
2 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

IS SHE WORTH BUYING???
Some say yes, some no...

Yes, 5.5km concealment, still retains speed boost, hydro, 8 - 120 mm guns and torps with a 10km range. Yes she's worth it.

[IGU]
[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
11 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

then I am going to buy it....

good choice

[P-V-E]
Members
1,449 posts

Cossack works well if you can make Kidd, Lightning and Haida or Jervis and Gadjah Mada work well (the former because of the single set of torpedo tubes, the latter for the guns and the slightly oddball nature)