You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

How many credits did you spend rebuying ships recently?

37 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

As part of this event I have rebought a lot of ships - quite a few T9s but also a lot of lower tier ships I haven't played in a long time (the discounts for lower tier ships were pretty great).

I have spent over 150M on ships and that doesn't include any upgrades as I am planning on waiting for a discount on them given how many ships I rebought. It is kind of fun playing through them in coop for steel too as many of them I haven't touched in years.

Anyone else spend a significant portion of their credit reserves buying ships back? I'm down to around 30-40M and for the first time in a long while I actually am close to credit poor.

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,161 battles

Spent 300 mill buying ships for the steel campaign and for the 200 collector badge.

I have no use for credits anyway as once you get to a certain point the economy is broken.

Edited by Camo68

Members
6,037 posts
7,048 battles

Because I'm relatively credit poor in the game, I've not rebought any ships(I keep the ones I like anyway).

However, I did finally acquire my first T10 ship, Zao. I've had it researched for a little while now, and was just waiting for the holiday discounts to purchase it. Now I just have to wait for discounts on upgrades so I can buy the more expensive ones to equip. A discount on captain retraining would be nice too as Yamamoto needs to be retrained from the Hashidate to Zao.

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
642 posts
5,974 battles

I'm so wasteful in this game.  I buy and sell ships ,camos, signals, etc constantly to equip and fund various experiments.  Even premiums aren't exempt from the axe, if a sacrifice is needed.  As an example I've bought and sold Kongou and Nagato so much that I've lost count.   As for total credit amount, I have no earthly clue.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,277 posts
12,709 battles
13 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Because I'm relatively credit poor in the game, I've not rebought any ships(I keep the ones I like anyway).

However, I did finally acquire my first T10 ship, Zao. I've had it researched for a little while now, and was just waiting for the holiday discounts to purchase it. Now I just have to wait for discounts on upgrades so I can buy the more expensive ones to equip. A discount on captain retraining would be nice too as Yamamoto needs to be retrained from the Hashidate to Zao.

This is why people free-XP or coal-grind the Musashi.

If you have no other higher-tier Japanese premium ships, wanted to take it much slower and you don't have that much coal, Yubari is in the arsenal for very much less. The retraining will be slower, but you will get there eventually.

Getting back to the OP's question, epurchases have mostly been when the ships were on discount; American ships a short while ago, and :

411K for Langley (she's not a snowflake ship but I"ll be needing her once the carrier rework drops, so might as well get her cheap).

660K for Nicholas

600K for Omaha
c. 1.8M for Aoba (I free XP'd her back when they had that "play ship X five times for a premium ship raffle entry" thing then sold her when I was running out of room in my port).

Beyond that, I didn't consider it worth it with the credits I had left. If I'm rolling in silver just before this thing ends, I might rebuy KGV and Fushun long enough to knock the flakes off them, but I'm not sure at the moment that it's worth it.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

None on re-buying.  LOTS on outfitting ships that have sat in port never played, sometimes for years, lol.   Also lots on setting up brand new premiums I just got, like Gascogne and PEF.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
3 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

None on re-buying.  LOTS on outfitting ships that have sat in port never played, sometimes for years, lol.   Also lots on setting up brand new premiums I just got, like Gascogne and PEF.

I've played a lot of upgrade-less ships in coop with low point commanders for the snowflake event :) The number of times I was able to get top xp on the scoreboard was pretty hilarious too.

I also burned about 1.3M elite commander XP on commanders too though... guess this event is draining a lot of both my elite commander xp and credits. From about 200M to 40M credits and about 2M elite commander xp to 700kish.

Members
509 posts
9,024 battles

I was at around 210 million and buying most ships from tier 5 to tier 9 and selling (kept a few which I love to play) them has me at around 40 million. I am yet to buy 4 tier 10s and planning to free exp the 2 cv lines and would probably have to sell a few tier 10s to fund it. 

PS- Don't worry I wont bring my CVs to randoms and I did reasonably well with K aga against bots in co-op

Edited by sansfaille

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

I've played a lot of upgrade-less ships in coop with low point commanders for the snowflake event :) The number of times I was able to get top xp on the scoreboard was pretty hilarious too.

I also burned about 1.3M elite commander XP on commanders too though... guess this event is draining a lot of both my elite commander xp and credits. From about 200M to 40M credits and about 2M elite commander xp to 700kish.

Yeah, most of my habitual port queens were de-snowflaked as-is.  Totally stock.  Why sink credits/E-XP into ships that will return to permanent museum status right after.   There were-and are, however, a bunch of ships I DO intend to eventually get up and running.  Those got the treatment- inc burning the required 500 dubs to transfer and insta-train the commander from the last ship.

The other reason for not bothering:  horrible play quality.   Nothing but $hitty, 4 minutes if yer lucky, low damage games over and over again, as players try to farm as many snowflakes as they can as quick as they can.   These games just aren't WORTH wasting resources on.

As a Co-op player, spending big chunks of credits to rebuy a ship I sold for good reasons- just to get a few coals, then get soaked selling it again, just doesn't make any sense.  I considered rebuying Richelieu, because it's worth 1000 coal but nah.  I could just spend my coal winnings on Jean Bart if I wanted that ship again.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,107 posts
4,991 battles

0 - Because I never sold them in the first place (granted free exp'd past most because lots of fxp, but still) :cap_cool:

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Spent 250m credits. Now I'm penniless. Not enough to buy every ship I had researched so I focused on the ships that awarded steel.

[SYN]
Members
15,685 posts
12,778 battles

140M?

whatever the cost is to buy Roon, Ibuki, Donskoi, Saint Louis, Buffalo, Seattle, Neptune, Tashkent, Freddy, Izumo and Lion.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,779 posts
25,352 battles

Not much, about 20 mio. I only bought low tier ships back to get the 250 ships in port emblem.

I have about 10 T9 I could buy back for steel, but it isn't worth it.

[TBW]
Members
9,814 posts
16,571 battles

None. I have 254 at the moment, I did buy one new tier ten so far and could get 8 more if I spend the free XP I have saved for the Alaska and that aint happening.

[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,534 posts
4,435 battles

I haven't bought any ships back. What with the holiday season upon us and my time in short supply, I'm worried I'll just get my steel and have to leave some coal unclaimed. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,498 posts
11,213 battles

At ~26million credits and 79k coal from being able to afford a Musashi, im on the fence as to what and if i buy back for the sake of snow flakes. I only have 3 researched t7s i can buy back; with two t8s lol. 

What? I focus on enjoying the ships i have than owning every ship:cap_haloween:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,816 posts

I don't sell ships I like, and I don't buy back ships I don't like.  Even with the ship that I sold because the next ship was so similar and yet a complete upgrade (which IIRC is limited to Roon), I'm not wasting credits for a paucity of Steel (50) when I'm not going to be anywhere near enough to get the only Steel ship I'm interested in (Flint). 

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
4 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

What? I focus on enjoying the ships i have than owning every ship:cap_haloween:

Same here.

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,614 battles

Not much rebuying ships, a bunch buying ships I've had unlocked. All told about 200 million spent. I was joking with @ClassicLib about being down to 202 mill last night and feeling poor. He says I should start begging for change in the forums. Brother, can ya spare a credit for a poor man?

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,498 posts
11,213 battles
41 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Same here.

Thank God I'm not the only one in the boat: :cap_look:

Members
5,123 posts
9,474 battles

$0 - I have never been credit rich (almost $90 mil now) as I was a free player for a good amount of time and I got the Missouri late.   I can still lose money in high tiers (depends on the ship) as I am not unicum and I dislike lower tier games so I have a tendency to play higher tier games most of the time.  When I get $70-80 I usually buy the next ship if I am going down a line which siphons off a good amount of cash.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,308 posts
11,789 battles

I went from 380 mil down to 55 mil :cap_fainting: