You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

These people that get ships from containers

54 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,526 posts
7,475 battles

Who are these guys that keep on getting multiple ships from super containers/event containers, why are they so lucky? 

Am I not praying to RNGsus enough, what kind of prayers do you do?

Show me your ways oh lucky ones!

0 posts

While standing on your left leg only, rub your tummy with your right hand counter clockwise while rubbing the top of your head with your left hand, clockwise, all the time repeating the following : 

Our father,
who art in code
Random be thine rolls.
Thy drop rates scarce,
thy wrath be fierce,
for those who roll on all.
Give us this day our rares and uniques
and forgive those who die before a boss drop,
as we forgive the people who made that a thing.
And lead us not into pet gear,
but deliver us from sacrifice tokens.
for thine are the game mechanics,
and the rules,
and the broken keyboards,
forever and ever.
Amen.

This ancient prayer has been unashamedly purloined elsewhere off the internet.

• Funny 10

0 posts

let me add, this happened to me :

shot-18.12.15_18.48.24-0286.jpgI must have said something wrong in the prayer, because I detest this this ship.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
Members
25,163 posts
22,173 battles

The first year WG did this, I bought a pack of those Santa Crates and in back to back openings, I got Gremyaschy and then Imperator Nikolai I.  Everything else since then, even this year's, has gotten me sh*t.

• Cool 1

Members
335 posts
6,385 battles

I don't even try the boxes.  I have terrible rng when it comes to boxes anyway, so why waste money on possible getting monaghan or krasny kreme when all I want is Haida.  I usually only get flags and camos from the free boxes earned this time of year, and during thanksgiving.  I'd rather just buy what I really want

[FML]
Members
3,654 posts
14,584 battles
37 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Who are these guys that keep on getting multiple ships from super containers/event containers, why are they so lucky? 

It should be pretty clear.  Sacrifice more virgins to the altar of RNG. 

Blood, for the blood gods!!

• Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,795 posts

Got my first Super Container ship yesterday. A DD/CA main, I received....the Atlanta!

Consider myself very lucky for getting a ship and even luckier that it was a ship that I would have chosen to win in this way (I have already bought many premiums I've wanted, so this has made the list of possible ships I actually want very small, compared to the 40+ ships left that I'm not really interested in).

Maybe next year WG can categorize Santa Crates into Small, Big, Mega, but have them in ship type chance. I understand the crates may need to be more expensive; just a thought.

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
9,574 posts
17,573 battles

No to rub it in but I only received 20 Mega boxes. Of those I go 3 ships (no kryspie kream). If your a new player, this is the promotion for you. IF you're an old salty maybe wait till there is a path to a particular ship your after.

If you have have a lot of ships then you're not going to get much of ships.

If you have say less then 25 ships then odds are you going to get more ships out of 20 boxes. I go the

• T-61
  • Roma
  • Monahough or whatever... Good for Scenarios.

I am not saying I did not like the ships but I really dont know how to play them in the first place... I am to aggressive, which means I will go down fighting but if I take 2 ship on the way then I did my part. I know its not the best way to play but its sure is fun.

33 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Our father,
who art in code
Random be thine rolls.
Thy drop rates scarce,
thy wrath be fierce,
for those who roll on all.
Give us this day our rares and uniques
and forgive those who die before a boss drop,
as we forgive the people who made that a thing.
And lead us not into pet gear,
but deliver us from sacrifice tokens.
for thine are the game mechanics,
and the rules,
and the broken keyboards,
forever and ever.
Amen.

^^^^^ If there is a nomination for Holiday poem if the year... This piece of WOWS masterpiece would take a prize. Made me smile.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
1 hour ago, Sinboto said:

Sometimes, once in a Coon's Age, but only if it falls under a Blue Moon, and the stars and planets all align properly, and then only if the Powers that Be deign it to be so, does a extremely low probability chance pay out.  The odds of getting a ship in a container choice are something like one in a thousand, which are still millions of times greater than winning a state-run lottery. I've gotten two ships, a De Grasse and an Arizona from containers in a little over two years of playing the game. Both are pretty good ships though -- they got me to Rank One in Sprint this season.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles

When the stars are right I shall rise up from R'lyeh you will get the ship you want.

• Funny 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,795 posts
14,700 battles

dont even get me start please, the dark forces i sensed!

[A-D-F]
Members
2,011 posts
7,247 battles

Chico Escuela : "Beisball been berry, berry guut to me."

Chico+Escuela.jpg

I mean RNGsus been berry, berry guut to me. :cap_horn:

About $225 worth of Santa crates (mainly the medium sized ones) and I got these beauties.....

Missouri
Tirpitz
Ashitaka
Duke of York
Sims
Monaghan
T-61
Marblehead
Krasny Krim
October Revolution
Perth

I also scored enough doubloons to get these fine ladies....

Z-39 
Blyskawica

I was hitting roughly 10 - 15% ship drops with the medium crates.

Tiny Tim : "RNGsus bless us every one!"

tinytim2_3217.jpg

[UEFN]
Members
1,278 posts
21,568 battles

When RNG is on your side and you got a winning streak game, buy a few crates.    that's what i did, bought 5x mega crates and got lucky! LOL

Kutuzov.jpg

[A-D-F]
Members
2,011 posts
7,247 battles
8 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

When RNG is on your side and you got a winning streak game, buy a few crates.    that's what i did, bought 5x mega crates and got lucky! LOL

Kutuzov.jpg

Very nice!  You will LIKE her!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles
3 hours ago, Sinboto said:

Be careful what you wish for it might come true. I have got 4 Krasny Krym from Santa crates. I have got 3 ships from regular daily crate SC's and 2 of them have been Krasny Krym. 

The horror...:Smile_ohmy:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,832 posts
11,233 battles

I wish I knew because I have gotten exactly 2 premium ships from crates - the first year with the Santa boxes when Warspite was in a 1 Dollar crate (hoped beyond hope and got it) buying a couple containers. The other was Asashio Black from a free Black Friday container with the I believe Irony of it being I had been on a thing around that time of several threads and the situation with the state of IJN torp boats and the "Buff" that didn't exactly do much. All it really did was undo a previous nerf, that was done because IJN had far better torps that hit more often back then, and we didn't really are cause they were torp boats and the guns were still inferior to a USN Gunboat in a fair fight anyway. 

[A-D-F]
Members
2,011 posts
7,247 battles

I am shameless.  I just went and bought another 5 medium crates.  The first crate was a supercontainer with the Hood in it.  I know it's "Mehbote" but I have wanted her since the very start.

9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Be careful what you wish for it might come true. I have got 4 Krasny Krym from Santa crates. I have got 3 ships from regular daily crate SC's and 2 of them have been Krasny Krym. 

The horror...:Smile_ohmy:

I'm keeping my Krispy Kreme.  That way I will NEVER have to worry about getting her in a crate EVER again!  :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I am shameless.  I just went and bought another 5 medium crates.  The first crate was a supercontainer with the Hood in it.  I know it's "Mehbote" but I have wanted her since the very start.

I'm keeping my Krispy Kreme.  That way I will NEVER have to worry about getting her in a crate EVER again!  :Smile_teethhappy:

I kept the 1st one for that very reason. All the rest are duplicates. It is like a bad rash that won't go away...:Smile_sceptic:

I love my Hood. Wouldn't call it a meh boat at all.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

Ironically, I've had better luck with the big crates than I have the megas.  I bought 20 big crates yesterday and I got Marblehead, Ashitaka and Nueve de Julio.  I've probably opened 3x as many mega crates and gotten the same amount of ships and one of those was a Krispy Kreme.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,103 posts
7,217 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

let me add, this happened to me :

shot-18.12.15_18.48.24-0286.jpgI must have said something wrong in the prayer, because I detest this this ship.

RNGesus will never give you a bigger burden than you can bear.....

• Funny 1

[GGWP]
Privateers
332 posts
7,060 battles

2 clan mates yesterday during clan battles received random super containers. Both got ships. Rest of us were just confused on why we didn’t get supercontainers

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
635 posts
5,938 battles

RNGsus dictated from on high that I must have a Perth.  Got one in a 20 box round of crates.  Sold it.  The next round of boxes granted me, you guessed it, a Perth.