You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Merlox

Do any of you have a "Cursed" Ship?

34 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles

Hey Guys, Some of you may ask "What do you define as a Cursed Ship", Simply....
No matter how well you do, you always lose with this said ship. Simple as that. 

I've had fantastic games with mine. Many "Top of the team" awards and even a Kraken!, but they all end with a tragic loss. May I present...
My Massachusetts Black. I've become so disheartened to play. Comparing with the 25% of this ship I feel like I'm playing it correctly, but I am doomed to always lose with it.
I ended up co-op my snowflake due to so many losses back to back. 

Spoiler

OSImui1.png

Do you have any cursed ships or stories? Tell us about them here!

• Boring 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,217 posts
30,383 battles

Yes!  My Nelson.  I score OK in it but my WR just sucks.  

My calamitous DD rates are understandable, but I like the Nelson... 

• Cool 1

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Yeah the pensacola as soon i got it i experienced almost nothing but blowouts for a whole week. As soon as i sold it the blowouts reduced in frequency.

Edited by Krupp_Sabot

[SIDE]
Members
4,008 posts

Yue yang. Had soooo much fun in that thing! I’m not a stats obsessed person and rarely check that junk but I was literally floored when I saw how low my win rate in that boat was. I mean, not even close to what I expected. My usually reliable grins-per-game meter was at 70% or higher even when I had a long string of losses. Yeah... way wrong. Lol! I decided that once it became less fun I’d sell it. A few months later the nerf hammer crushed it and made the decision easier.  Anyway, it was cursed for me.

Edited by thebigblue

[-KIA-]
Members
804 posts
10,545 battles

Yeah, my Graf Zeppelin
Every time I keep saying "I need to lay low using this ship" makes me more want to use the ship...

Edit:
Nah, it's Cossack, I keep losing despite I am carrying my tier 9 and 10 allied ships...

Edited by Amatsukaze_KaiNi
  • Boring 1

Members
122 posts
7,042 battles

Hsienyang. I struggled with it to the point where I was just playing very poorly every time I took it out because I was just mentally expecting to fall apart. It was definitely a case of failing my way through that ship rather than advancing past it.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,846 posts
7,617 battles

Asashio, easily. I do everything I can to win, from gunning down DDs in a cap, to capping, to spotting, and even killing CAs, CLs and BBs now and then. But, no matter how much I've done, she just don't seem to win games. I'm not border humping, and I'm not spending half the game sneaking to a place I can accidentally TK my allies from, but I can't seem to get her higher than 50%.

Then again, I guess I've not really used her since the gun buffs. ...Maybe I should? She does have those awesome Shima guns.

As for a more proper curse, there's Minotaur with an 18.18% WR. I just can't get her to work as well as Edin, and she loses even good games. If I didn't do so well in Edin, I'd think I just sucked in general, but I feel like I can do better taking Edin into a T10 game.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles

i think my WR on the zao is in the higher end of the 40%s. just cant seem to squeeze a win out of it.

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
4,698 battles

Musashi. Highly acclaimed ship that performs absolutely terribly for me. I truly regret purchasing it. A lot of my ships' WR wouldn't reflect how well I actually do in them. Actually, the better I do in a ship personally, the less likely it is that ship will have a good win rate. Perplexing.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,505 posts
11,213 battles
3 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Yes!  My Nelson.  I score OK in it but my WR just sucks.  

My calamitous DD rates are understandable, but I like the Nelson... 

Helena

I've been playing usn CLs since beta and i can get just about every ship in that tech tree to dance and party except her....

[-BMV-]
Members
495 posts
18,002 battles

Shinonome. I swear, that ship hates me for some reason. I consider landing a torp with her a huge success by itself.

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

Furutaka for sure.

It was one of my first T5s (so before I think 3 buffs now) and even recently when I played it for a few games, averaging 80k damage and 2 kills/game wasn't enough for a 50%+ winrate...

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles

Although I play very little PVP I actually do have a "cursed ship". It's Bayern. I am 1 for 6 in it (17% WR LOL :Smile_sceptic:) despite having good games and placing at or near the top. If I play Bayern I am almost assured of a roflstomp where I end up alone vs 5+ reds. To make it even better I am also assured that as I do my best to deal with the situation I will have "that guy" who died 30 seconds into the game, on the other side of the map from me, and who did no damage, telling me in chat I suck and the loss and his death are my fault.

Prior to the AZ game I won back in Feb (my last PVP game) I had a 4 game losing streak and they were all roflstomps in my Bayern. :Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 1

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
4 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Helena

I've been playing usn CLs since beta and i can get just about every ship in that tech tree to dance and party except her....

Same here. I do good damage, carry my weight in a battle. All with something like a 31% win rate. It saddens me more that the Helena (for me at least) is a complete blast to play :(

Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

Duguay-Trourin for me.  Here are my stats in it:

PR:  1575

Average Damage:  35,055

Average Frags:  1.5

Win Rate:  30% (Wah wah)

Alpha Tester
225 posts
7,584 battles
6 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

i think my WR on the zao is in the higher end of the 40%s. just cant seem to squeeze a win out of it.

Me too. Although I think it was my first T10 - I just play far too aggressive for it - I know the proper way to play to it....I just dont.

Members
6,280 posts
19,822 battles

Turns out, I am cursed..or simply suck at RN dd's. at about 50 games combined I am under 35% with the Cossack, Lightning and Daring.

I have played the Atago a lot and finally got it to a decent level but for over two years it was like at 48% while my poor mans Atago (takao) was at 70%, drove me nuts.

[4HIM]
Members
2,909 posts
11,262 battles

Dunkerque for me.  Cannot make it work at all.  I think I have a 0% survival rate in it.  It is the single reason I have no interest in picking up the Nelson.  I just can't make this ship with all the guns forward work to save my life.  

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,505 posts
11,213 battles
54 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Same here. I do good damage, carry my weight in a battle. All with something like a 31% win rate. It saddens me more that the Helena (for me at least) is a complete blast to play :(

She would be better than Seattle and Cleveland if she had ~1 .5 km of nore range. She's my favorite tech tree ship and nothing is working. If i Island hump, everybody dies or the enemy refuses to show up to that side or kites. If i chase dds, i get deleted, faster than when im in my Atlanta!