You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Request: give deputy commanders the ability to set alpha and bravo team designations

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

Currently only the clan commander has the ability to set an alpha or bravo team division.  We've had several situations where the commander wasn't available during a CB, or had to leave early.   In that case, if we want to run a bravo team to bring new clan members up to speed, we can't.  We've had deputy commanders in those games, but we can't change the designation. @RadarXis this something you guys can look into for future clan seasons?

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles
30 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Currently only the clan commander has the ability to set an alpha or bravo team division.  We've had several situations where the commander wasn't available during a CB, or had to leave early.   In that case, if we want to run a bravo team to bring new clan members up to speed, we can't.  We've had deputy commanders in those games, but we can't change the designation. @RadarXis this something you guys can look into for future clan seasons

The division commander should be able to change it?

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_h2o said:

The division commander should be able to change it?

Yes, but not if he's not in game, or if he has to leave early.  Which has been our problem recently. 

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
38 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Currently only the clan commander has the ability to set an alpha or bravo team division.  We've had several situations where the commander wasn't available during a CB, or had to leave early.   In that case, if we want to run a bravo team to bring new clan members up to speed, we can't.  We've had deputy commanders in those games, but we can't change the designation. @RadarXis this something you guys can look into for future clan seasons?

This ability would be great for a Fleet Commander. Please add a Fleet Commander position that will be able to host CBs and set the team designation please? This would greatly help the more casual clans play more clan battles. Also, you would not be making people recruiters where they can add and remove people just to have them be able to host a CB.

@Radar_X, @iKami, @Gneisenau013, @turbo07 @Pigeon_of_War

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles
1 hour ago, Capn_Nugget said:

I'm just a recruiter in my clan and can toggle between alpha and bravo.

Really?  There's a lock on our team designation, which is why we can't change it. Maybe the lock is something our commander is doing manually.  I'll ask him tomorrow. 

[O-PN]
Members
9,123 posts
10,582 battles
46 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Really?  There's a lock on our team designation, which is why we can't change it. Maybe the lock is something our commander is doing manually.  I'll ask him tomorrow. 

To the best of my knowledge, there's not a way to lock the designation.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
704 posts
6,056 battles

If it's a setting in clan setup I don't have access or haven't figured that much out.. it's part of a drop down when you set up division for clan battle. As others mentioned, you do need to be the division commander for it to work. Tonight I'll grab a screenshot for you. Good luck and fair seas!

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
704 posts
6,056 battles

The division commander (person pulling in clanmates) should be able to make the change. Screenshot below. To be the commander, I believe you have to be recruiter level or higher.

image.png.0aaa6bf3ec9a091d58ee1e4347f63f9f.png

[A-I-M]
Members
2,673 posts
12,290 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 10:39 PM, Capn_Nugget said:

I'm just a recruiter in my clan and can toggle between alpha and bravo.

This.

if the division commander leaves, allhe needs to do is go to the divion window, select “Assign command to...” slect the player to whom he is giving command. Then, whether he leave or stay, that other player has command, and can set Alpha/Bravo, etc.

The new commander , like the old, needs to be of recruiter rank, or higher.