Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wretched_Sinner

Pink...really!

28 comments in this topic

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,431 battles

They are cracking down right now because players are trying to AFK in PvE for coal/steel.  It is usually 2 games.  I had a rare lockup last night and it was 3 games for me.  Luckily it is irrelevant and I just kept knocking off snowflakes while avoiding any bumping for a few games.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

That is not a penalty! It is a warning!  It in no way affects your ships combat ability nor earnings. If it were a penalty you would be orange and restricted to co op until you worked it off. It is the rule and it is applied to all equally if ones compu crashes or disconnects and you cant get back into battle.

Members
5 posts
171 battles
2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

That is not a penalty! It is a warning!  It in no way affects your ships combat ability nor earnings. If it were a penalty you would be orange and restricted to co op until you worked it off. It is the rule and it is applied to all equally if ones compu crashes or disconnects and you cant get back into battle.

Regardless...it was not intentional and perhaps the smart folk on the dev team can come up with a better arrangement. ISP went down due to an auto accident and game crashed (I incorrectly thought it was the game) and I got kicked out of match...should not have to be pink for 4 games for that ;)

• Funny 1

[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
19,131 battles
2 minutes ago, Wretched_Sinner said:

Regardless...it was not intentional and perhaps the smart folk on the dev team can come up with a better arrangement. ISP went down due to an auto accident and game crashed (I incorrectly thought it was the game) and I got kicked out of match...should not have to be pink for 4 games for that ;)

How do you propose WG can tell the difference between an accident knocking out your ISP  vs  a scrub sailing forward for one minute, firing a salvo, and then leaving the match?

As mentioned above pink doesn’t restrict you in any meaningful way.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
5 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

How do you propose WG can tell the difference between an accident knocking out your ISP  vs  a scrub sailing forward for one minute, firing a salvo, and then leaving the match?

Well, if you intentionally leave a match, you have to hit certain keys.  Why can't the game track those key presses?

Of course, if someone wants to bail by kill the WoWS process, that's different.  But it also does kill the entire game and you'd have to restart it, which would see rather annoying to have to do repeatedly just to avoid fighting the actual battles.

Edited by Crucis

Members
5 posts
171 battles
6 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you on this cause I'm not a developer, I'm a lowly jr. network admin at our NOC....but I know enough that it should not be hard to track when someone "leaves" a match vs a sudden drop simply by checking what keys where initiated for each...you have to purposefully click on a button to leave a match, no such requirement when your ISP  goes dark...but you have yourself a great day boss :)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,377 posts
14,113 battles

Just buy a T1 ship and get rid of it.

It's almost as if being pink in WOWs these day is the end of the world 

Members
3,032 posts
564 battles
4 minutes ago, Wretched_Sinner said:

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you on this cause I'm not a developer, I'm a lowly jr. network admin at our NOC....but I know enough that it should not be hard to track when someone "leaves" a match vs a sudden drop simply by checking what keys where initiated for each...you have to purposefully click on a button to leave a match, no such requirement when your ISP  goes dark...but you have yourself a great day boss :)

you should send WG your Resume then.... and stop complaining about something that will have ZERO effect on your game play...after only, what... FIFTY games???

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles
38 minutes ago, Wretched_Sinner said:

So you now get a 4 game penalty for game issue that caused it to crash? nice...way to build good will with your player base.

just play the game, pink or not.....

See the source image

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

My game crashed today while queuing up for a Ranked game. Fortunately, I was able to restart it and get into the match before it had be going for more than a few seconds. After the match, I ran the file integrity checker. It's good idea to run the file checker periodically, especially after a major upgrade. I usually do this but I'd been playing a lot of Ranked last night and hadn't gotten around to it yet. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,547 posts
20,230 battles
38 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Well, if you intentionally leave a match, you have to hit certain keys.  Why can't the game track those key presses?

Of course, if someone wants to bail by kill the WoWS process, that's different.  But it also does kill the entire game and you'd have to restart it, which would see rather annoying to have to do repeatedly just to avoid fighting the actual battles.

What if you just pop your ethernet cable out? 

[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
19,131 battles
58 minutes ago, Wretched_Sinner said:

Fair enough.  I am a techie too.   My initial point about going pink stands.  Unless it becomes habit (unlikely in your case) and you turn orange you won’t be impeded.  There are so many pink players in the game that it doesn’t matter - it used to mean teamkiller...   Have a great day sir.

Members
5,127 posts
9,474 battles
1 hour ago, Wretched_Sinner said:

There are a zillion ways to get around anything they implement to try and make a determination.  Blame the people who insisted that every game had 2-4 AFK players when in reality it was far less and most people jump the gum on calling out AFK players.  This is the new pink - not the same as the old pink.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

@Wretched_Sinner I live in a nursing home. I do not have the funds to get my own wifi so I rely as 100 or so other residents here on the facilities resident/guest wifi. I have no control at all over the system or its upkeep. It goes out regularly, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for days. So I get pinked often and it doesn't bother me a bit! Get a grip and get over it!

[NGA-A]
Members
1,273 posts
7,336 battles
2 hours ago, Wretched_Sinner said:

Actually no, they can not tell what button you pressed or what keystrokes you used.  Must not be very knowledgeable about how Networks across the Internet work I guess.  Sad

Sign in to follow this