You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Just got Wakeful

9 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
323 posts
8,748 battles

Got the Wakeful yesterday and after a few games to me it reminds me of an evolution of the Valkyie, very nimble but I decided to buy  the B hull with the 120mm gun, feels different and as nimble as Valkyrie

On to the Acasta next? 

Its hard to decide wich  to line of tech tree to fallow, for example the Japaneese has tons of DD's and if I start it will take a long time to have all of them along with the ressources it demands.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,554 posts
33,702 battles

Just got Wakeful? Coffee will do that to you. Have to be careful with quantities.

Acasta  was - to me - the weak point in the line. The rest up from there are all good, if you understand their style and the short smoke.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,834 posts
14,867 battles

IJN gunboat line is a must if your a DD captain, they're vicious little :etc_swear:s!:fish_haloween:

[1813]
Members
323 posts
8,748 battles

There are 2 lines of Japeneese DD's and I feel like its difficult to choose wich line to start down from the start.

I look at the stats and either line are equal in capacity and perfomance.

[BIER]
Members
452 posts
6,370 battles
On 12/24/2018 at 8:09 AM, 3r22r said:

There are 2 lines of Japeneese DD's and I feel like its difficult to choose wich line to start down from the start.

I look at the stats and either line are equal in capacity and perfomance.

DON'T.

Go play some other line all the way to T10. 

IJN DDs are by far the most difficult to play once you get past T5. Even the "gunboat" line is problematic for the average player, and the torp boat line is pure frustration for most. You have to be *very* good to make them work well.

The IJN stats are skewed because there are a fair number of VERY, VERY good and experienced people playing them. Everyone else has quit.

Realistically, you need to be very experienced with DD play before you should attempt to go up the IJN line(s).

Edited by LAnybody

[UTWE]
Members
352 posts
5,552 battles

Actually the 1 RN DD that I don't have. Acasta, Jervis, Lightning, but especially Jutland and Daring are my favourites. Good luck on the line.

[ARCO]
Members
798 posts
1,276 battles

The nicest DD in the line I have tried, superB maneoverability, good torps and nice guns, after that comes disaster.

Members
436 posts
202 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 4:12 PM, alexf24 said:

Just got Wakeful? Coffee will do that to you. Have to be careful with quantities.

Acasta  was - to me - the weak point in the line. The rest up from there are all good, if you understand their style and the short smoke.

Alex, Acasta is the only ship I've gotten 8 kills in. 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,554 posts
33,702 battles
On 1/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, IronMike11C4O said:

Alex, Acasta is the only ship I've gotten 8 kills in. 

Eight? That's awesome!

You seal clubber you.

• Cool 1