You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ildasm

Got %30 percent discount, what ship to buy?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
36 posts
2,175 battles

Hi Guys,

Please advice what's the best ship to buy at the moment at World of Warship?

I got %30 discount coupon today.

Is PRINZ EITEL FRIEDRICH any good?

Let me know and thank you in advance.

Ildasm

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

You need to give us more information. What kind of ships do you play? Does nation matter? What do you want to do with this ship (train commanders, grind credits, etc.). Does tier matter? 

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
88 posts
3,137 battles

PEF is not a typical German BB.  While it is does not have accurate guns (which is typical for KM BB's) and is pretty strong against planes, it has no turtleback armor scheme and is a lot more fragile.  You should read the review by @LittleWhiteMouse before you make a decision to buy it...

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles

there are a few that stand the test of time.

The Atago is one of the best. Sims is a great ship. Prinz Eugen is a great ship, little harder, but great. tons of new premiums but some of the oldies are still goodies.

• Cool 1

[WO0KY]
Members
4,104 posts
3,189 battles
14 minutes ago, ChubbyLuver said:

How do you guys keep getting these coupons?

Have no idea. Was playing yesterday, and after a match I had a message of a coupon showing up in port. 30%, expired in 3 days

[SVF]
Members
1,541 posts
1,857 battles

@Wombatmetal

I got one of these coupons today myself.  Seems to be related to when your account's third anniversary is.  Sadly for me, Jean Bart's not in the shop, so the coupon is of limited usefulness at best.  Might use mine on Vanguard in a day or two, who knows?

[WO0KY]
Members
4,104 posts
3,189 battles
Just now, landcollector said:

@Wombatmetal

I got one of these coupons today myself.  Seems to be related to when your account's third anniversary is.  Sadly for me, Jean Bart's not in the shop, so the coupon is of limited usefulness at best.  Might use mine on Vanguard in a day or two, who knows?

Yes, I remember something about third anniversary. My anniversary with WG is in June, and two days ago I had a message thanking me for my first anniversary and giving me some meritorious camo, them later a message for my second anniversary giving me some more meritorious camo (which is meh for the record) and then this. 

Who am I to kick a gift horse in the mouth?  PEF for $22, I'm down.

Vanguard was an option too but this unlocks the campaign. Like many of us I have way too many premiums and don't "need" another

Beta Testers
36 posts
2,175 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

You need to give us more information. What kind of ships do you play? Does nation matter? What do you want to do with this ship (train commanders, grind credits, etc.). Does tier matter? 

I like all types to be honest. I mostly play WOT but sometimes play ships too.

I would prefer battleship however, something easy and noob proof

Beta Testers
36 posts
2,175 battles
18 minutes ago, landcollector said:

@Wombatmetal

11 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Yes, I remember something about third anniversary. My anniversary with WG is in June, and two days ago I had a message thanking me for my first anniversary and giving me some meritorious camo, them later a message for my second anniversary giving me some more meritorious camo (which is meh for the record) and then this. 

Vanguard was an option too but this unlocks the campaign. Like many of us I have way too many premiums and don't "need" another

What is this Vanguard you guys talking about and where can I find It?

[SVF]
Members
1,541 posts
1,857 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

PEF's a good option for the campaign, I suppose.  I'm mulling Vanguard because of the extra 200 Steel from her snowflake. 

Just now, Ildasm said:

What is this Vanguard you guys talking about and where can I find It?

Vanguard is a recently introduced T8 Royal Navy (British) battleship.  Can be found in the premium shop if you're in the mood for such a ship:
https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/9064/

[VOC]
Members
84 posts
67 battles

I bought Boise. I won the special cammo on Helena and bought a Dasha captain for it on When I fell ravenously in love with both I got the same 30% coupon and couldn't resist Boise. I absolutely love the Brooklyn class cruisers! Which is of course the understatement of the year: Brooklyn coming from the Dutch word Breukelen.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
15,426 battles

I may be a little bias, but the Perth is amazing fun to play!

• Cool 3

[WO0KY]
Members
4,104 posts
3,189 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

I may be a little bias, but the Perth is amazing fun to play!

I've never been to Oz and am in love with Perth. With the smoke upgrade out of arsenal she is a little beast

[LOU1]
Members
4,094 posts
11,423 battles

Yep, Perth is a blast.  Fun to push into a cap and support DDs with all of those 152s.

For me, the ideas that getting the PEF unlocks the campaign early and that there will be Doubloon compensation if it is earned would be decisive.  The coupon makes it a discount on the Doubloons along with less pressure to complete the campaign.  And, I would have a unique play style BB.

[WSU]
Members
160 posts
9,255 battles

I use the coupons to get premium time.

I think 365 day premium is on sale for like $50.

Take another 30% and your getting 1 year premium for $35.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
4 minutes ago, permanentnoob said:

I use the coupons to get premium time.

I think 365 day premium is on sale for like $50.

Take another 30% and your getting 1 year premium for $35.

Welp... better not tell my old man that the year of premium he got me for Christmas when I used my 30% coupon is now cheaper lol

[SIDE]
Members
3,997 posts

Get the ship that will earn the most credits!! No doubt about it. Training captains is a distant secondary consideration. YOU WANT TO GET PAID. At this time I think Musashi, Jean Bart, tirpitz, Atago or one of the other high tier ships would be best choice. I even make a fistful of credits every time I take out asashio because it’s a tier 8. 

Google search for “wows premium ship review”

I have a lot of premium ships. Mouse is very reliable source of pro/con information regarding premium ships. Articles are clear, concise, well organized and tons of fun to read. I prefer reading about them to watching heavily accented YouTube reviews. I mean those folks do a good job and seeing ships in action is great but with text format I can more easily skip to the sections I’m interested in.

Edited by thebigblue

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,938 posts
5,814 battles

I'd get something expensive to make the most of the percentage based discount. When I got the -30% off voucher I bought Jean Bart. Jean was a choice where I could not justify buying at full price, but the significant discount made it acceptable to my budget.

[WOLF9]
Members
84 posts
10,535 battles

I purchased the 12,000 doubloons package with my last 30% off coupon and am going to use them to purchase the 360 days of premium time when I get back after X-mas vacation.  It feels good to double up on discounts.  If you are patient enough you can do this with tech tree doubloon ships as well.  Hopefully another of these sales is coming soon.

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,667 battles
3 hours ago, Ildasm said:

Hi Guys,

Ildasm

What ships do you have now?  What is your play style?

I LOVE PEF btw.   ranked out in her very quickly

[TNG-2]
Members
62 posts
11,416 battles
4 hours ago, Ildasm said:

Hi Guys,

Ildasm

They just want your money. DO IT!

Image result for DO IT gif